Defense Dominating Down The Stretch

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have yet to beat a team with a winning record, they beat the Vikes (a dome team) who started a rookie QB on the road by two points. The Packers are bad!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have yet to beat a team with a winning record, they beat the Vikes (a dome team) who started a rookie QB on the road by two points. The Packers are bad!

Blah blah blah

You know who's bad? The Lions(who the Packers beat twice), Texans and Raiders.

Those are bad teams my friend. Packers aren't a great team of course, but I would say that they can easily be a pretty good team if the offense can step it up a little bit.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The headline could just as well have been, "Defense Playing Crappy Offenses Down the Stretch." The Lions and Vikings offenses are complete jokes right now, possibly the worst in the league with the exception of the Raiders. And I'm not sure the Bears are going to give them much of a contest, either. If the Packers make the playoffs, their defense will be ripe for the picking by a team like Philadelphia.

But I hope I'm wrong and that this little packers.com public relations piece turns out to be right. We can always dream.

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea, our d didnt improve at all, the last time we played the lions they had over 300 yards passing and 2 weeks ago they had under 200 yards passing.

and we made a good or decent rb have under 50 yards rushing (he has over 1000 yards for the season). :roll:

you guys need to give credit where its needed.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
didnt those same lions just make the #1 defense in the NFC, the Chicago Bears, look silly?

you're right. give credit where credit is due.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
didnt those same lions just make the #1 defense in the NFC, the Chicago Bears, look silly?

The Bears rested Tillman, and Tank Johnson were suspended for a game, they were shuffling in and out 2nd stringers all game long, that's why the game was close. Rest assure the Bears will beat the Packers and put an end to what little playoff dreams they might have. It's very simple folks, the Bears are a very good team and the Packers are a bad team, not very bad but bad just the same.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree the defense is improving, we haven't exactly played great offenses in the last couple of weeks. I like what I'm seeing from the defense, Woodson and Kampman are making plays, but I want to see them shut down or limit a team with a good offense before I say they're dominating...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

The Bears rested Tillman, and Tank Johnson were suspended for a game, they were shuffling in and out 2nd stringers all game long, that's why the game was close. Rest assure the Bears will beat the Packers and put an end to what little playoff dreams they might have. It's very simple folks, the Bears are a very good team and the Packers are a bad team, not very bad but bad just the same.

they...almost lost against the lions.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

You did say in another thread that the Bears 2nd stringers would beat the Packers. Now your defending the Bears Defense of 2nd stringers that you stated would beat the Packers because they were ripped apart by the Lions Offense. Interesting logic...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Blackjackking said:
tromadz said:

You did say in another thread that the Bears 2nd stringers would beat the Packers. Now your defending the Bears Defense of 2nd stringers that you stated would beat the Packers because they were ripped apart by the Lions Offense. Interesting logic...

Careful Porky... That is very damaging to his case.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears shut the Packers out! The Bears 2nd stringers will beat the Packers plain and simple! There isn't one Packer defensive player I would take over any Bear defensive player. Get use to it, the Packers will be bad for years to come! End of discussion!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Bears shut the Packers out! The Bears 2nd stringers will beat the Packers plain and simple! There isn't one Packer defensive player I would take over any Bear defensive player. Get use to it, the Packers will be bad for years to come! End of discussion!

Oh. That's quality logic at its finest.

The Bears shut the Packers out. So true. So true.

The Giants were also 6 - 2, now 7 - 8. Point being, things change over the season. The Bears have slipped a lil bit. The Packers have improved, a lil bit.

Bears will be playing to not get hurt.
Packers will be playing for a playoff spot.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wait we are going by logic that happened in the beginning of the season. Perhaps both teams are different? Could GB of possibly improved? I mean if you are going to use that logic, then I'll counter with Green Bay beat Miami in Miami and Miami beat Chicago in Chicago. Both teams were using their 1st stringers as well. Now that's not the greatest logic because we all know that so many things factor in. Such as injuries, game planning, coaching, etc...

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's good to know, coming from a Bears fan.

You obviously are a loser or have too much time on your hands to be a member of your teams' rival's fan forum. I bet it's a combination of both... :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers have grown by leaps and bounds since week 1...

-Packers destroyed lions
-lions almost beat bears second stringers
-packers will beat bears second stringers

thats how im going about things.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL... the Packers/Bears smack is heating up.

I love it... if the Pack spanks the Bears, it will put the fear of God in them going into the playoffs, second stringers or no... there are too many people saying the Bears are not the strongest team in the NFC, and might not even be in the top 3, at this point. They are gonna have a chip on their shoulder and the Packers just might make that situation a lot worse for them ;)

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol part of winning is beating teams that you are better than, therefore you are a better team.. lol wtf is all this nonsense with "we only beat crappy teams", what you want us to only beat teams that are better than us? Wouldn't that make us the most crappy team in the league in reality?

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah we just barely beat the Vikings, but our defense shut them out. Thats playing pretty good ball if your D can shut a team out no matter who it is.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is Griese gonna start?

Good question... inquiring minds want to know..
Do we have anyone trolling Bears message boards? LOL... what a crappy job that would be!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pyledriver? Is it really you?

Members online

No members online now.