Day 3 Thoughts

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, we leave Day 2 with two starters at their role as picked and Tyni is smiling.

That said there are a few fellas that shock me are out there...like speechless.

I'm sorry but Jabril Cox and Daviyon Nixon are two dogs I want GUTE to go get NOW. To get either one on Day 3 is just nuts.

Michael Carter is shocking to be there and Tylan Wallace but neither is a need at all IMO

But I'm willing if Gute to pair our 4th and both 5ths to get up at top of the 4th...maybe scratch a high 4th and a 7th back....but if you can add one of them I understand using the capital at this point.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OTs I want Day 3:
Dan Moore Jr
Stone Foresythe
Brenden Jaimes
Wildcards of Landon Young or Josh Ball (7th round flyer due to character history)

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I think it'll pay for us to be more aggressive right now. Nixon, Tufele, Hudson, Moses, Shelvin, and even Wilson are guys I'd love to see us move up for and forget about the 6th and 7th round. Probably not a popular opinion, but let's go get our guys right now.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Pretty happy with the draft so far. Long term replacement for King at CB. C to replace the loss of Linsley, and a slot WR/PR will run jet sweeps, etc. who is tough to bring down and gets lots of YAC. I guess if Aaron does leave GB, we still are guaranteed to have 1 ARod still on the team. Also, if he does leave, maybe Amari can switch his jersey number to #12 so we can still proudly wear our Rodgers jerseys.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I didn't find a RAS score for Myers, and Rodgers had a 5.37... Nice to see that players don't have to have a high score for consideration. I expected Rodgers score to be lower due to his size, but his best scores actually came from his weight (212lb) and bench press (19 reps) His speed numbers were fairly low, or okay across the board.

I'm hoping for DL help on day 3, it's still a glaring need. I can't believe Dayvion Nixon is still on the board. A lot of options though, as DL has been pretty quiet in this draft so far.

EDGE rusher is a sneeky need, if/when Preston is gone after this year, that pretty much leaves Gary, Z, and Garvin as our main core.

Safety after Amos and Savage is questionable. Vernon Scott and Henry Black showed some promise, but Redmond could and should be on the replacement list, imo. Another guy to develop moving forward would be nice, to solidify the position, and give us more options with Savage being an option at the Star position.

Of course OT, and LB are always needed, looking forward to a productive Day 3 adding to the roster.

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pretty much BPA is what i'm expecting. hoping BPA lines up with DT, OT, LB. grab another DB late and a late RB and call it a year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Here are some names still on the board for day 3. The Packs have 6 picks today, after they gave up a 4th to move up for Rodgers.

This is the day that really good scouting departments separate themselves. Finding a couple starters or big role players today makes a huge difference for a roster.

RB:
  • K. Herbert, VTU
  • E. Mitchell, UL
  • D. Jackson, DUKE
  • C. Evans, UM
  • J. Funk, MAR
TE:
  • L. Farrell, OSU
  • J. Bates, BSU
  • T. Poljan, UVA
  • J. Stoll, NEB
WR:
  • J. Harris, UCF
  • S. Fehoko, STAN
  • J. Camp, GTU
  • T. Terry, FSU
OT/OL:
  • J. Moore, WMU
  • T. Doyle, MIAOH
  • B. Jaimes, NEB
  • D. Moore, TAMU
  • J. Hockers, TAMU
  • C. Green, TAMU

iDL:
  • B. Brown, TAMU
  • D. Nixon, IA
  • J. Marshall, ARK
ED:
  • W. Bradley-King, BAY
  • S. Toney, PSU
LB:
  • J. Cox, LSU
  • D. Barnes, PUR
  • B. Johnson, TAMU
  • N. Niemann, IA
DB:
  • R. Rochell, CARK
  • Z. McPhearson, TTU
  • M. Wilson, FLA
  • T. Brown, OK
  • J. Pinnock, PITT
  • N. Hobbs, SYR
  • D. Forrest, CIN
  • J. Wiggins, CIN

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, we leave Day 2 with two starters at their role as picked and Tyni is smiling.

That said there are a few fellas that shock me are out there...like speechless.

I'm sorry but Jabril Cox and Daviyon Nixon are two dogs I want GUTE to go get NOW. To get either one on Day 3 is just nuts.

Michael Carter is shocking to be there and Tylan Wallace but neither is a need at all IMO

But I'm willing if Gute to pair our 4th and both 5ths to get up at top of the 4th...maybe scratch a high 4th and a 7th back....but if you can add one of them I understand using the capital at this point.
Agree on Nixon. I would also add Aleric Jackson from Iowa. Kirk Ferentz has put several o-linemen in the NFL.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree on Nixon. I would also add Aleric Jackson from Iowa. Kirk Ferentz has put several o-linemen in the NFL.

I am not opposed to Jackson but the others have better protection to me of stronger Tackle play.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are some names still on the board for day 3. The Packs have 6 picks today, after they gave up a 4th to move up for Rodgers.

This is the day that really good scouting departments separate themselves. Finding a couple starters or big role players today makes a huge difference for a roster.

RB:
  • K. Herbert, VTU
  • E. Mitchell, UL
  • D. Jackson, DUKE
  • C. Evans, UM
  • J. Funk, MAR
TE:
  • L. Farrell, OSU
  • J. Bates, BSU
  • T. Poljan, UVA
  • J. Stoll, NEB
WR:
  • J. Harris, UCF
  • S. Fehoko, STAN
  • J. Camp, GTU
  • T. Terry, FSU
OT/OL:
  • J. Moore, WMU
  • T. Doyle, MIAOH
  • B. Jaimes, NEB
  • D. Moore, TAMU
  • J. Hockers, TAMU
  • C. Green, TAMU

iDL:
  • B. Brown, TAMU
  • D. Nixon, IA
  • J. Marshall, ARK
ED:
  • W. Bradley-King, BAY
  • S. Toney, PSU
LB:
  • J. Cox, LSU
  • D. Barnes, PUR
  • B. Johnson, TAMU
  • N. Niemann, IA
DB:
  • R. Rochell, CARK
  • Z. McPhearson, TTU
  • M. Wilson, FLA
  • T. Brown, OK
  • J. Pinnock, PITT
  • N. Hobbs, SYR
  • D. Forrest, CIN
  • J. Wiggins, CIN

Did you take Ihmir off your lists??

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah-- I want them to target a different type of WR now that they have Rodgers in house.

I dont see Ihmir as the same, but he is comfy in the slot.

I like your list but would add Josh Imatorbhebhe as well.

Did Cornell Powell get picked? 6th I like him

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brevin Jordan TE has zero business having fallen this far. His TE role is one we do not need, but I would 100% understand picking him for what he could become.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I dont see Ihmir as the same, but he is comfy in the slot.

I like your list but would add Josh Imatorbhebhe as well.

Did Cornell Powell get picked? 6th I like him

They’re definitely not identical as prospects but I think they’d play largely the same role.

With MVS and Lazard a year from FA, I’d like to see if they could add a big slot and/or a deep threat to develop and replace.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They’re definitely not identical as prospects but I think they’d play largely the same role.

With MVS and Lazard a year from FA, I’d like to see if they could add a big slot and/or a deep threat to develop and replace.

I am predicting MVS is the one outside of Adams getting a contract beyond 2021. Lazard will be odd man out. Only one will get signed beyond 2021 IMO.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I am predicting MVS is the one outside of Adams getting a contract beyond 2021. Lazard will be odd man out. Only one will get signed beyond 2021 IMO.

I would be surprised if either got brought back, what with the need to pay Jaire, Adams, Gary, Savage, and Jenkins in the not too distant future.

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My day 3 watch list for the Packers...

NT Tyler Shelvin: A huge human who can be a nice run stuffer on the DL.

DE Davyon Nixon: A 3-tech who can cause disruption in the back field. Kind of reminds me of Mike Daniel's.

TE Brevin Jordan: A nice developmental TE option. Raw with above average athleticism.

WR Jaelen Darden: A gadget player early on who will excell in the return game.

WR: Amon-ra St. Brown: Very good route runner, would compete for snaps right away, and ironically probably cost his brother a roster spot.

EDGE Charles Snowden: One of my sleepers in this draft. Very long lean and athletic. Reminds me a lot of Danielle Hunter.

LB Jabril Cox: Can move and cover, also not afraid to come up and hit you. Would most likely be a day 1 starter.

HB Javian Hawkins: Would add some HB depth with an added dimension of return ability and elite speed out of the back field. Could also line up in the slot.

OG Deonte Brown: Another huge human, who would be an instant asset in the run game. He could compete with Runyan for the starting RG spot.

OT Stone Forsythe: One of my sleepers in this entire draft. Very long at 6'9" is already regarded as a starting caliber pass blocker in the NFL. Needs to work on his run blocking, however.

CB Trill Williams: Positional flexibility to play safety, and reads routes very well. However, he is more of a nickel as opposed to an outside CB due to lack of top end speed, but he has good short area quickness, and can tackle.

CB Shawn Wade: His draft stock torpedoed this year after a move from his nickel position to the boundary this year at OSU. I think if we stick him at the nickel and leave him he will have a chance to shine.

QB Jaimie Newman: A raw QB who has traits you look for, and is athletic. Would add a nice developmental QB to the roster. The FO is always looking for that 3rd guy to develop. Wouldn't take him before round 6, however.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My day 3 watch list for the Packers...

NT Tyler Shelvin: A huge human who can be a nice run stuffer on the DL.

DE Davyon Nixon: A 3-tech who can cause disruption in the back field. Kind of reminds me of Mike Daniel's.

TE Brevin Jordan: A nice developmental TE option. Raw with above average athleticism.

WR Jaelen Darden: A gadget player early on who will excell in the return game.

WR: Amon-ra St. Brown: Very good route runner, would compete for snaps right away, and ironically probably cost his brother a roster spot.

EDGE Charles Snowden: One of my sleepers in this draft. Very long lean and athletic. Reminds me a lot of Danielle Hunter.

LB Jabril Cox: Can move and cover, also not afraid to come up and hit you. Would most likely be a day 1 starter.

HB Javian Hawkins: Would add some HB depth with an added dimension of return ability and elite speed out of the back field. Could also line up in the slot.

OG Deonte Brown: Another huge human, who would be an instant asset in the run game. He could compete with Runyan for the starting RG spot.

OT Stone Forsythe: One of my sleepers in this entire draft. Very long at 6'9" is already regarded as a starting caliber pass blocker in the NFL. Needs to work on his run blocking, however.

CB Trill Williams: Positional flexibility to play safety, and reads routes very well. However, he is more of a nickel as opposed to an outside CB due to lack of top end speed, but he has good short area quickness, and can tackle.

CB Shawn Wade: His draft stock torpedoed this year after a move from his nickel position to the boundary this year at OSU. I think if we stick him at the nickel and leave him he will have a chance to shine.

QB Jaimie Newman: A raw QB who has traits you look for, and is athletic. Would add a nice developmental QB to the roster. The FO is always looking for that 3rd guy to develop. Wouldn't take him before round 6, however.
Great list! You have a bunch from my list.

Think we still need OL and a WR. And I wouldn't shy away from a CB either.

I would add:
CB Tay Gowan. This guy looked really good in limited college experience.

RB Kenneth Gainwell; a better receiver than a RB and he is a good RB

OG Trey Smith. Looked really good in first year a blood clot then covid stunted his growth

PackersonEastCoast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great list! You have a bunch from my list.

Think we still need OL and a WR. And I wouldn't shy away from a CB either.

I would add:
CB Tay Gowan. This guy looked really good in limited college experience.

RB Kenneth Gainwell; a better receiver than a RB and he is a good RB

OG Trey Smith. Looked really good in first year a blood clot then covid stunted his growth

We could really use a Kicker too!

I think the Packers biggest needs left are:

1) Kicker
2) Safety
3) Tight End

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty happy with the draft so far. Long term replacement for King at CB. C to replace the loss of Linsley, and a slot WR/PR will run jet sweeps, etc. who is tough to bring down and gets lots of YAC. I guess if Aaron does leave GB, we still are guaranteed to have 1 ARod still on the team. Also, if he does leave, maybe Amari can switch his jersey number to #12 so we can still proudly wear our Rodgers jerseys.

Given Stokes play against firsg round quarterbacks and receivers he might have that number 2 receiver position locked down faster than most people think.

He has some areas where he needs to improve but i think he has the right mix of talent and mindset. Hes supposed to be a great kid which hopefully means hes coachable.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Given Stokes play against firsg round quarterbacks and receivers he might have that number 2 receiver position locked down faster than most people think.

He has some areas where he needs to improve but i think he has the right mix of talent and mindset. Hes supposed to be a great kid which hopefully means hes coachable.

I believe he will start this year. My statement of long term replacement was pertaining to the next 5 years, and not a couple years down the road taking over. I believe the future is bright w/ Jaire and Stokes being our boundary corners. I foresee a slot corner getting drafted today. I don't think Sullivan is a bad option, but I would rather he be our 4th or 5th CB, after King leaves. Maybe Hollman can make a jump this year... in contrast, Josh Jackson should be the odd man out after 3 years of lackluster disappointing play.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe. But they all have issues at this point. I went with Jackson as you know he has the fundamentals from learning under Ferentz. I think he can eventually start at guard and be an adequate backup at tackle.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts