Davante Adams/Danny Trevathan news

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, he was back at practice today. If he doesn't have a return of symptoms between now and Sunday, he's playing.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I ask why you are specific about 24 game ban ?

16 games - to demonstrate the seriousness of the hit and what happens when you go cheapo

+8 because that's what Anthony Hargrove once got for practically doing nothing.

Also because smoking pot for medicinal purposes lands you more than one game, so this would demonstrate it's at least 6 times as bad as that.

D

Deleted member 6794

well, he was back at practice today. If he doesn't have a return of symptoms between now and Sunday, he's playing.

Adams was limited in practice today and still remains in the concussion protocol though. While it's possible that he plays at Dallas on Sunday it's far from a given at this point.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy mentioned during his press conference that Adams responded well to practicing in a limited fashion yesterday and is expected to do more during today's session.

Reaction score
Davante must have a team of angels around him to recover this quickly, and another team of angels convincing the coaches that this was just a minor thing. I'm really shocked that they are not holding him out longer to monitor him (not that I don't want Davante's talent on the field). I just don't want him to suffer some setback after a lethal hit, no game is worth the risk to rush someone back in too early and jeopardize their health.

D

Deleted member 6794

Davante must have a team of angels around him to recover this quickly, and another team of angels convincing the coaches that this was just a minor thing. I'm really shocked that they are not holding him out longer to monitor him (not that I don't want Davante's talent on the field). I just don't want him to suffer some setback after a lethal hit, no game is worth the risk to rush someone back in too early and jeopardize their health.

Overall the Packers medical staff seems to be pretty conservative. I don't expect them to clear Adams if there's any risk of him suffering a setback.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overall the Packers medical staff seems to be pretty conservative. I don't expect them to clear Adams if there's any risk of him suffering a setback.

He also had to be cleared by an independent neurologist in order to play

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams must be one tough SOB. It's amazing he only came away with a mild to moderate concussion. The fact that there was no vertebral or disk damage is amazing. I just hope it hasn't damaged his on-field fearlessness.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking a healthy dose of Geronimo today to let Adams rest up. But if he's hot...

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be inclined to sit him.
Even if he does play I don't think he will be very effective.

There's literally no reason to think that. He passed the protocol and was cleared by an independent neurologist.

Hes as gtg as he was week one

D

Deleted member 6794

There's literally no reason to think that. He passed the protocol and was cleared by an independent neurologist.

Hes as gtg as he was week one

FWIW there seems to be a greater risk of suffering another concussion after the first and each following one though.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW there seems to be a greater risk of suffering another concussion after the first and each following one though.
that's what they say but you can't hold them out of the game out of fear. should Aaron Rodgers not play? i'd say almost every player in the league has had a concussion some time in their football past that goes back to their childhoods. everyone handles them differently. Marc Savard, of the Boston Bruins, career ended very prematurely due to severe post concussion syndrome. look at all the old timers who are fine after multiple concussions wearing inferior equipment and getting inferior treatment. Adams was said to be fine the next day. didn't even want to stay overnight in the hospital. no light sensitivity, took team picture, never missed a practice. it must not have been as severe as the hit led us to believe it was...and we all know how conservative the Packers medical staff is.

Latest posts