Davante Adams/Danny Trevathan news

D

Deleted member 6794

Stupid, just stupid. Yeah good job NFL, give the guy a little slap on the wrist for attempted murder. What a joke this league is. Trevathan got off super easy on this one. Tom Brady gets suspended for 4 games for nothing and this psycho only gets 2? He's probably laughing right now cuz he practically gets nothing against him.

To think, our own Charles Martin got permanently suspended off the gridiron for a hit on McMahon that wasn't even close to being as bad, how does Trevathan not get the same?

If they don't fire this clown Goodell for doing nothing, the Packers should take his *** to court and sue for $50 billion in damages and not agree to a settlement. Keep pushing and pushing in court until Goodell is so broke he loses his mind and has to get locked in the asylum.

:rolleyes: Taking a look at some of your posts over the past few weeks you really seem to be a happy camper. ;)

Reaction score
IDK.. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't remember Trevathan having a bad reputation for this kinda stuff? I think his suspension plus monetary fine sent a pretty clear message. I'm more glad that Adams is ok, that could've been career ending or even worse

D

Deleted member 6794

When should we expect Adams back on the field? I mean once he clears the protocol obviously but do u think he will be back against Dallas?

I highly doubt Adams will be able to play at Dallas but we won't know for sure until the end of next week.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It may only be two games, but when he comes back he has to play for the Bears. A longer suspension might have been a mercy.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IDK.. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't remember Trevathan having a bad reputation for this kinda stuff? I think his suspension plus monetary fine sent a pretty clear message. I'm more glad that Adams is ok, that could've been career ending or even worse

Which is why he got off too easy. Ridiculous. There's no way anyone's going to convince me he doesn't deserve a 24-game suspension. Once a felon always a felon, so you need to make it hurt and make it hurt big time with 24 games without pay.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To think, our own Charles Martin got permanently suspended off the gridiron for a hit on McMahon that wasn't even close to being as bad, how does Trevathan not get the same?

Are you ******* kidding me? I hate the Bears as much as anyone but I was done with Charles Martin the minute I saw the replay during that game. Martin actually slowed down his pursuit and a good 3-4 seconds after McMahon threw the ball with 100% premeditation decided to pick up McMahon from behind and slam his head into the ground. At least what Trevathan did happened within the context of the game. What Martin did was inexplicable.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
As bad as the hit was. I don't think it was intentional. From what I see, he lowers his head going into the tackle and the timing off Adams going down with his movement towards Adams is the reason for the hit. NOW, THIS DOES NOT EXONERATE HIM! I want to make that crystal clear. I do think that had he had his head up rather than down he could have avoided the hit to Adams head.

Keep one thing in mind. If a 24 game suspension is in play, it will come into play for one of your players if it ever happens. And, never say it will never happen, because you just don't know.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dirtiest play in football history
Definitely among the top 3. I remember the talk around town that week was mostly about how the Packers should have cut him immediately. Sure there were a few who lauded what he did, but they were by far the minority.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As bad as the hit was. I don't think it was intentional. From what I see, he lowers his head going into the tackle and the timing off Adams going down with his movement towards Adams is the reason for the hit. NOW, THIS DOES NOT EXONERATE HIM! I want to make that crystal clear. I do think that had he had his head up rather than down he could have avoided the hit to Adams head.

I'm on the fence about whether it was intentional or not but when interviewed about it his contrition does seem to be sincere.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I change my mind, 24 games. If Tom Brady got suspended for nothing for four games, then this league is a joke to make that kind of penalty only 2. I'm dead serious, if I'm the Packers I'm filing a huge lawsuit if they dont ramp up that punishment to a big 24-game suspension.

First and foremost, Brady didn't get suspended for nothing.

Second, on what grounds would they sue the NFL, pray tell?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, was he suspended with or without pay? Because if he still gets paid, it's just a vacation.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you ******* kidding me? I hate the Bears as much as anyone but I was done with Charles Martin the minute I saw the replay during that game. Martin actually slowed down his pursuit and a good 3-4 seconds after McMahon threw the ball with 100% premeditation decided to pick up McMahon from behind and slam his head into the ground. At least what Trevathan did happened within the context of the game. What Martin did was inexplicable.

100% premeditated what DT did too

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Keep one thing in mind. If a 24 game suspension is in play, it will come into play for one of your players if it ever happens. And, never say it will never happen, because you just don't know.

Well if they're proven guilty on what they did, then they learn the hard way. If it's doled out for something that amounts to pretty much nothing, then yeah no doing it. But if you want to put an end to the Trevathans, Suhs, Burficts and Pacmans, lay the law down on them heavy like this and they'll learn real quick.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Now, was he suspended with or without pay? Because if he still gets paid, it's just a vacation.
AIUI no play no pay when suspended. Haven't heard of a fine yet either. Don't know if the Bears get cap relief or an extra roster spot either.