Darren Sharper Sentenced to 9 Years. UPDATE 20 Years now.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read this too. Didn't even know this was going on with him, not sure how this had been under wraps unless I've been blind. Too bad.. I used to like this guy. This is the part of where being an NFL fan can really break you heart, because you just never know someone's true character until they get busted.

It's been out there plenty, hasn't been talked about in a while but this was definitely a story when it happened.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's just been all the stories as of late and his got lost in the fray on me, either way very disappointing. It will never make sense to me how you can be a physically gifted man with a lot of money and success and appear to have class, and somehow feel the need to assault someone in any manner.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So , with premeditation, you drug and **** how many women in how many states- that we know of- and get a max of 9 years with the possibility of parole in 3 years?
Un-effin-believable.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy. The women in these cases must not have good evidence for the prosecution to allow this soft of a plea for something so awful and so repetitive.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So , with premeditation, you drug and **** how many women in how many states- that we know of- and get a max of 9 years with the possibility of parole in 3 years?
Un-effin-believable.

That's what money buys in this country. He changed his plea, which tells me the prosecution worked out a deal. Darren likely knew if he maintained his "innocence" he would get the max sentence and not see daylight again for a long time.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a piece of crap and needs to rot in a cell the rest of his pitiful existence. If he were a regular joe making 40K/year he would be preparing to go away for a long, long time but this is America and money talks so social pariahs walk. This guy has turned drug and **** into an art form. Pure scum.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never understood how concurrent sentences are even allowed. It's basically allowing you to do something that you cannot physically do, which is be in many places at once.

Say Guy A rapes 10 women, and Guy B rapes 1 women. Now, both are scumbags, but Guy A caused damage to 10 times as many women. If both are sentenced to 10 years for every ****, common sense tells me that Guy A serves 100 years, 10 years for every ****. Yet they end up both doing the same amount of time.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sentenced to 20, title should reflect that, mods?

To me, it's still kind of misleading to say 20 years when he's only expected to serve 9. Guess it just depends on how you want to interpret it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, it's still kind of misleading to say 20 years when he's only expected to serve 9. Guess it just depends on how you want to interpret it.
He was sentenced to 20, who knows how long he will serve.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would assume he would be extradited and prosecuted in each state he gets charged in...

The states worked together and came to agreement (judges still need to sign off), so I doubt he will be moving around state to state. Sentences are concurrent

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet if I did what he did the sentences wouldn't be concurrent.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things.

It's sort of irritating that news of Sharper's conviction and sentencing are attached to Packers news on sites like ESPN. It's not like the Packers are responsible for his behaviours for eternity. Thank god he isn't contaminating the Packers Hall of Fame.

Second, you know most of us can get laid at least ocassionally without resorting to "drugging and ****** women". One wonders where the train went off the tracks for Sharper, assuming that any of us actually care.

What a louse!!!

Shockwave

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things.

It's sort of irritating that news of Sharper's conviction and sentencing are attached to Packers news on sites like ESPN. It's not like the Packers are responsible for his behaviours for eternity. Thank god he isn't contaminating the Packers Hall of Fame.

Second, you know most of us can get laid at least ocassionally without resorting to "drugging and ****** women". One wonders where the train went off the tracks for Sharper, assuming that any of us actually care.

What a louse!!!

Shockwave

I'm just glad he didn't try and use some defense that he took too many shots to the head during his career and didn't know what he was doing, was insane etc because of the NFL.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly hope that he isn't drugged, and therefore conscious, in prison when Rocco and Bubba make him understand the pain that **** causes.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he may get to make new "friends", who respect him for what he is.....
Geezzz....a job with the NFL network....just like Sapp.....and they throw it all away. Just another "dumbbell".

Latest posts