Dang choker Cowboys

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never too early to discuss the draft. With the Packers climbing the draft board, a top LT prospect is probably gone. I think they should pivot to drafting a top guard or center in round 1. Now that Love is the franchise qb, time to get the best o line possible to protect him.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never too early to discuss the draft. With the Packers climbing the draft board, a top LT prospect is probably gone. I think they should pivot to drafting a top guard or center in round 1. Now that Love is the franchise qb, time to get the best o line possible to protect him.
Hard to disagree with that, I was hoping for the miami or minnesota safety at 41 or top guard. Now maybe take BPA in RD1 someone gonna fall due to all QB, WR and early tackles. We got a signifcant injury at edge last night so now thats an issue.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
BPA is always my preference. Continue stacking the best talent you can.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like WR and o line, never a bad idea to draft an edge rusher in the top 3 rounds. In 2024, Enagbare may be out for quite a while, Smith will be another year older and perhaps no longer with the team and Gary is merely good but not great.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Always a question, what determines BPA?
The scouts and GM. The draft board generally is set in stone about a week in advance of the draft from my understanding. Amish may be able to provide greater detail since he's been seen lurking in the war room.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like a bunch of posters will have to redo their way too early mock drafts.

Actually most of the time the order is known to not be set in stone...if the person discussing the draft isn't aware of that, I'd recommend not paying much attention to their takes or their mocks. LOL :D

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't ask him. He sucks at the draft contest just like me.

Okay couple things....one the contest is not an illustration of someone's knowledge of prospects. It's like 50% luck, 25% knowing Packer trends, 25% prospect knoweldge....and that last 25% may be high.

Also, yes @Dantés is freaking awesome at breaking down prospects. I argue honestly in many ways far better than I.

@shockerx edge at that spot for me if someone said who might be the best four there.....Bralen Trice could be, Chop may be, but a guy I've liked for a long time I might say is Adisa Isaac....I truly think Penn State will or should have two edges taken in top 50. Not saying they will but I really like Adisa.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay couple things....one the contest is not an illustration of someone's knowledge of prospects. It's like 50% luck, 25% knowing Packer trends, 25% prospect knoweldge....and that last 25% may be high.

Also, yes @Dantés is freaking awesome at breaking down prospects. I argue honestly in many ways far better than I.

@shockerx edge at that spot for me if someone said who might be the best four there.....Bralen Trice could be, Chop may be, but a guy I've liked for a long time I might say is Adisa Isaac....I truly ttynihink Penn State will or should have two edges taken in top 50. Not saying they will but I really like Adisa.
thanks Tyni ill keep my eye on those guys... i think edge might rise up a bit for us due injury and P. Smith age. i want to look at A. Isaac.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks Tyni ill keep my eye on those guys... i think edge might rise up a bit for us due injury and P. Smith age. i want to look at A. Isaac.

Kingsley's injury timing is not a good thing for him, because while I never think Gute will force a pick to a spot - this could put edge a touch more on his mind with Preston's age and now his best depth Edge4 injured...he would not want to face a 2024 with Kingsley not back yet, Preston perhaps starting to decline and LVN maybe having second year struggles we often see.

I'll give you a few I think I'd like value for position more and that would not be late Day1 but maybe in second round would be Adisa of course but I REALLY like Gabriel Murphy's pass rush abilities despite being a slight shorter 6'3' than many edge guys we typically go towards...we rarely employ guys under 6'4' threshold. BUT Murphy's quick twitch and ability to use his speed as leverage in and of itself caused him to TEAR teams up and get attention despite Latu opposite of him getting a ton of attention of course (my Edge1).

Another guy I LOVE for us especially given his build and type is Brennan Jackson a 6'4' 264lbs cat (pun intended) from Washington State. Anyone that watched their bout with Washington was likely to have seen his name and his impact often in that match up. A guy who has seen adversity and come out the other side (18' ACL, 19' foot injury) and closed out his college career with an EXCELLENT season as a graduate. He is also a unanimous leader and this is constantly addressed and brought up by his coaches but more importantly his teammates. IMO he has one of the most diverse rush packages without losing his ability to stay engaged in rush defense and keep edge in mind. My favorite game of his was against Arizona where he went up against a first round talented tackle in Jordan Morgan and he definitely got the better of Morgan and the Arizona line that day. He is going to test very well in my opinion if his on field movement is a sign of what is to come....his measureables will check boxes but not be a highlight of his (length is likely good not great).

Many have Jackson outside their top 150 or 125, he is firmly a third round guy for me and is one of my "Higher than others..." prospects of this class for me.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

@shockerx edge at that spot for me if someone said who might be the best four there.....Bralen Trice could be, Chop may be, but a guy I've liked for a long time I might say is Adisa Isaac....I truly think Penn State will or should have two edges taken in top 50. Not saying they will but I really like Adisa.
Lol, you know I'm just ragging you for being bad at the contest like me. Misery loves company. Yes, you have much knowledge of prospects for sure. It would appear though that neither you or Dantes or any of us have ever been in Gutekunst or Thompson's head.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The scouts and GM. The draft board generally is set in stone about a week in advance of the draft from my understanding. Amish may be able to provide greater detail since he's been seen lurking in the war room.
I do understand WHO does it. Just wonder HOW it's done. Seems to be a phrase that's tossed about but I always wonder how one can say that this guy is a better CB than that guy is a TE.

Members online

Latest posts