Da Bears: part two of Bear week

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A game against the Bears or ANY division rival isn't a given. I expect the Bears to play us tough. The weather may hinder our offensive production.

But I think the Pack will win it - 27 to 10

It may not be pretty like the Seahawks game but we'll win it and tie the overall series between the two teams.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alshon Jeffery is back from his 4 game suspension and will either be fired-up with a chip on his shoulder

I don't think he was anything stellar even before his suspension, this season.

The main focus should be on Howard imo.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't look past these young hungry Bears. On Defense the way the rookie Leo Floyd is playing and the way Rodgers mobility is limited is making me sweat. Also Eddie Goldman is a force up the middle and Linsley will have hands full. On offense Howard is a back that can extend drives for them and keep ARod off field. Cody Whithair is a stud for their Oline helping Barkley keep it moving. Finally Jeffrey is back and may be a consistent target for Barkley. Our CBs will need to keep up the goodwork vs him big time. All in all I think the Pack is Hungry and wins this one 28-14!!!

Bears have nothing to lose. Watch for fake punts, field goals and onside kicks.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still confused. What is the difference between the oldest and longest rivalry? I see that the years are different being 1920 and 1921. Seeing this is a Wikipedia reference, I feel free to question it!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he was anything stellar even before his suspension, this season.

The main focus should be on Howard imo.
Don't disagree with any of this, but by having Jeffrey on the field it removes Josh "3 drops per game" Bellamy which increases the chances of an extended Bear drive or 2. ;).

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm still confused. What is the difference between the oldest and longest rivalry? I see that the years are different being 1920 and 1921. Seeing this is a Wikipedia reference, I feel free to question it!

It's confusing to name the Packers vs. Bears rivalry the longest one. The wikipedia article should state it's the one with the most games played in league history.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oldest would be strictly by start date. Pretty much between the oldest (by date) teams in NFL. Longest will be as in no. of games. Longest continuous...will be no of consecutive games.

But the "rivalry" is kinda watered down in NFL, as opposed to Derby rivalries in soccer.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the strike shortened seasons wiped out both Packers-Bears games, ending the longest consecutive streak.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is their Super Bowl. They're going to play us hard, but if the O-Line keeps up this incredible pass protection, we'll be just fine.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wikipedia defines oldest as the one that started earliest (Bears/Cardinals) and longest as the one with the most games played (Packers/Bears).

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wikipedia defines oldest as the one that started earliest (Bears/Cardinals) and longest as the one with the most games played (Packers/Bears).
I have trouble giving credence to a Cardinals streak ..... the only thing about that team that played in Chicago .... and the team that now plays in Arizona that is the same... is the name Cardinals.... My feeling... when a team leaves a city and sets up shop elsewhere.... it begins to become difficult to decide. I.e..... which team should Jim Brown identify with.... the Baltimore Raven? or the current Cleveland Browns?.... I would guess he would say the current Browns... but who knows...

D

Deleted member 6794

Same with John Unitas. He didn't want the Ravens to include his records.

The NFL officially considered the Ravens an expansion team in 1996 therefore there was no way for them to include Unitas' records.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have trouble giving credence to a Cardinals streak ..... the only thing about that team that played in Chicago .... and the team that now plays in Arizona that is the same... is the name Cardinals.... My feeling... when a team leaves a city and sets up shop elsewhere.... it begins to become difficult to decide. I.e..... which team should Jim Brown identify with.... the Baltimore Raven? or the current Cleveland Browns?.... I would guess he would say the current Browns... but who knows...
And in the dark dusty corners of this forum is a thread explaining how the Packers lost their NFL charter a few times in the early years so the currently constituted franchise is technically not the same as the one from 1921. It was around here a few years ago but in my doddering ways I can't remember where I put it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Julius Peppers (not injury related), Nick Perry, Aaron Rodgers and James Starks (concussion) didn't practice yesterday. Randall Cobb (ankle), Kyler Fackrell, T.J. Lang, Blake Martinez, Damarious Randall and JC Tretter were limited participants.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bears are in a dilemma. lose out to get a 5th round draft pick(or better) or try to win out of pride to knock their rivals out of playoff contention.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The typical Packer question during the Gory Years. By the way - 5th round draft pick?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hoping that Da Bears have started their winter hibernation early and their fans scramble to shed their tickets to eager Packer fans willing to brave a cold game in Chicago. The Packers have the advantage of playing (well) in 2 straight games during cold weather and the added incentive of a win means something. While you can't overlook this game, I envision some Bear players eyeing a warm locker room if the Packers can get out to a quick lead. 34-10 Packers

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Don't know if this was mentioned in the all time series stats... Bears, in the entire series, has out scored Green Bay by one point according to The Fan WDUZ.