1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

D Change Do you have the patience

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JbShell, Jan 10, 2009.

?

What record would be acceptable

1. 5-11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 6-10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 7-9

100.0%
  4. 8-8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So ok we change from a 4-3 to a 3-4. What would be an acceptable record next year.

2. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    oh yeah give your reasoning

3. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Where's the winning records? I would hope they would have a better record than 8-8 even switching from 4-3 to 3-4 defense.

4. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At least 9-7 and no excuses.

5. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i was asking what was acceptable. Winnings records always tend to be acceptable

6. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    None of these records would be acceptable, IMO.

7. UncleMeat

UncleMeat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't care what the record is, I care about the progress and the effort (both players, coaches, execs).

Are we going to switch to a 3-4 and have Kampman trying to play a 2-gap end in that scheme? Are we going to try and have someone like Hawk or Jeremy Thompson as our OLB? If so, then I have zero patience.

However, if we make some trades, cuts, signings, draft picks that work toward building a proper 3-4 personnel group and the defense improves through the year (less players out of position, etc), I am okay with a losing record.

I don't expect to have the Patriots or Steelers defense in one offseason, but maybe we can work toward having something respectable after 10 or 11 weeks.

8. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

9. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I voted 6-10 but I meant it as 10-6

10. Killazach

Killazach Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If you accept liking a team with a mediocre team you are a mediocre fan and shouldn't be a packer fan anymore.

11. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    At least 9 wins...

2 vs. Detroit
    1 vs. Chicago
    1 vs. Minnesota
    1 vs. San Fran
    1 vs. Seattle
    1 vs. St. Louis
    1 vs. Cincinnati
    1 vs. Cleveland
    -------------------
    9 wins against teams that aren't very good

Plus, with the #9 overall pick, two 3rd rounders, and $20M in cap room, this team should easily improve. Add in a healthy Jenkins to play the one elephant end in the 3-4, a healthy Barnett to team with a healthy Hawk to play the two ILB's in the 3-4, and a healthy Bigby to play SS, this team could dominate.

12. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    Honestly i dunno if we will do by switching to a 3-4 are d line will be undersized and we will need to learn how to get the linebackers blitzing and going through holes . But i think if we get brian orkapo he could become a demarcus ware type player which would be awfully nice So we could have Cullen Pickett/Johlly Kampman for d line . Line Backers Brian Orkapo Hopefully :D Aj hawk Barnett And id say Desmond Bishop because he is a good run stopper and he made some big plays in the vikings game like stopping adrian on 4th done with a fumble but he also lets up big plays so you teach him how to cover and i think he could be good because he is hard hitter and good tackler just get rid of penalities and big plays he could be a top linebacker for us

13. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    Can Orakpo make the transition to an OLB in the 3-4? Ware was able to do that because he basically played the same position at Troy. I think that Orakpo would more of a traditional 4-3 defensive end.

Pickett would be a good nose tackle and Kampman could play elephant end. GB would just need to upgrade their top two OLB's.

14. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    He is big a little big for a linebacker but so small for a DE he would have to gain some weight to at least 280 to be a definsive end and to be able to stop the run. I think we get good coaching he could be a linebacker. Im pretty sure he did that style of defense in Texas where he would be standing up and blitzing

15. catchpatch

catchpatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think any of the records in that poll could really be considered a success. The Packers have a playoff-ready offense right now, including a 4,000-yard passser, two 1,000-yard recievers, and a 1,200-yard rusher. The defense doesn't have to be great to make the Packers into a winning team. They just have to be good enough that 30 points a game wins more games than it loses. And it shouldn't take more than an offseason to get to that point.