Current Packer Hall of Famers

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who on the current roster has the best chances of making the HOF?

I will say:
  1. Rodgers
  2. Woodson

These guys should make it, although of course Aaron has to keep doing what he's been doing the first 4 years, for another 6 at least... not as great but close. And a few more rings because Big Ben and Eli already have 2 each dammit.

Matthews has a long way to go, but he could be headed down that path.
I don't think Driver has the numbers for that level, unfortunately.

N

NLong725

i would say Woodson, Rodgers,Saturday, and Driver for now you never know who could come out of nowhere

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver has zero chance of getting into Canton without buying a ticket.

Woodson might be 1st ballot if he retires in a year where the comp isn't too high. Same year as Brady, moss, manning, reed, ray Lewis, or Gonzalez and he will have a tough time.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver has zero chance of getting into Canton without buying a ticket.

Woodson might be 1st ballot if he retires in a year where the comp isn't too high. Same year as Brady, moss, manning, reed, ray Lewis, or Gonzalez and he will have a tough time.
Yeah we agree on Driver.
I would say Woodson will get more votes h2h than Randy Moss.
That is, unless Moss puts up some good stuff with the 49ers now going forward.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson will, for sure. Probably first ballot.

Rodgers- Not enough is known yet, but he's making a good case so far in his career.

Jeff Saturday- Probably, but it won't be because of anything he does with us. It will be because of his career with Indy.

Diver hasn't done enough to merit Pro Football HOF consideration, but he'll definitely be in the Packers HOF.

Clay- Maybe. He kind of disappeared last season, so he needs to get back to, and stay at, his 2010 form.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love topics like this.

I think Woodson and Saturday are the only locks on the Packers roster right now. By lock, I mean a player who could get elected to the HOF today.

Rodgers has to keep up what he is doing for a few more years to get in, but I don't think he necessarily needs another SB ring. He'll get one though. Jennings has to do what he is doing for many more years if he even wants consideration. Getting in as a WR is becoming increasingly difficult. Clay has to significantly step up his game for years to merit consideration.

There are a bunch of potential Packer HOFers on the roster: Driver, Sitton, Bulaga, Kuuuuuuhn, Tramon, Jordy, Pickett, Raji, maybe even Mathstay.

This might be nuts, but I think Nick Collins had an outside shot to get into the HOF. If he kept up his level of play for maybe 6 or 7 more years, he might of had a shot!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love topics like this.

I think Woodson and Saturday are the only locks on the Packers roster right now. By lock, I mean a player who could get elected to the HOF today.

Rodgers has to keep up what he is doing for a few more years to get in, but I don't think he necessarily needs another SB ring. He'll get one though. Jennings has to do what he is doing for many more years if he even wants consideration. Getting in as a WR is becoming increasingly difficult. Clay has to significantly step up his game for years to merit consideration.

There are a bunch of potential Packer HOFers on the roster: Driver, Sitton, Bulaga, Kuuuuuuhn, Tramon, Jordy, Pickett, Raji, maybe even Mathstay.

This might be nuts, but I think Nick Collins had an outside shot to get into the HOF. If he kept up his level of play for maybe 6 or 7 more years, he might of had a shot!

First 2 paragraphs you have me in agreement. You lost me with the rest.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To me, if you have to think about whether a player is NFL HOF worthy, they aren't. There isn't a player on your list, including Collins, that you can definitively label a hall of famer, which means none of them are qualified candidates. Driver, for example, will be in the Hall of Very Good, but he hasn't done enough to gain entry into the NFL HOF.

While I think it's too early to rule out Bulaga, Sitton, Tramon, Jordy and Raji, I think it's safe to say Kuhn, Pickett or Masthay won't gain entry. Pickett's career won't last much longer as he's getting up there in age, and while he's been solid, he's never been HOF worthy. Kuhn isn't such a difference maker that he'd get consideration and punters, as a rule, don't get voted in.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, if you have to think about whether a player is NFL HOF worthy, they aren't. There isn't a player on your list, including Collins, that you can definitively label a hall of famer, which means none of them are qualified candidates. Driver, for example, will be in the Hall of Very Good, but he hasn't done enough to gain entry into the NFL HOF.

While I think it's too early to rule out Bulaga, Sitton, Tramon, Jordy and Raji, I think it's safe to say Kuhn, Pickett or Masthay won't gain entry. Pickett's career won't last much longer as he's getting up there in age, and while he's been solid, he's never been HOF worthy. Kuhn isn't such a difference maker that he'd get consideration and punters, as a rule, don't get voted in.

I can't think of modern full back that is in either.

You could make a case for a few like Neal and alstott but I doubt even they make much noise.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Rodgers if he keeps up his play, maybe earn another MVP or two and another SB ring. I'm sure he is going to retire after the current elites are playing and good fortune may roll his way.

Woodson seems like a great pick, I think he may of etched himself as a Packer after the SB but I'm not sure.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has continued to make his case, matthews still a maybe. Jordy would have to have a very long career for him to be in the convo as his position is extremely tough

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at our roster now, I'll rank the most likely hall of famers.

1. Rodgers
2. Peppers
3. Nelson
4. Matthews
5. Tramon
6. Shields
7. Cobb

But let's be honest. Rodgers will probably get in, Peppers might, Nelson and Matthews are long shots and have to have long careers, Tramon and Shields have about a 1 in 30 chance. Cobb is too young to tell but he'd have to have a very long career.

Staff online

Latest posts