Crabtree comes up short

The Coordinator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't really see it hurting him as he still is considered the best WR in the draft. Maclin from Missouri could move in front if he runs lights out at the combine this weekend as Crabtree will not be running due to an ankle injury. Maclin is more versatile as also being one of the top return men in college.

Posted: Combine | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Mark Sanchez, Matthew Stafford, Michael Crabtree

When the official combine measurements came in on Friday for the running backs, quarterbacks and wide receivers, there was one height that stood out from the rest. Or should we say, stood below the rest?

Texas Tech wideout Michael Crabtree, who was listed by his school at 6-foot-3, measured nearly two inches below that at 6-1 3/8. That, by far, was the biggest differential in height of those measured over the last two days.

Other top prospects who came up short included both top quarterbacks, Georgia’s Matthew Stafford and USC’s Mark Sanchez, who both came in at 6-foot-2, an inch below their listed heights.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The fact that he has a stress fracture and will be out of action for the next 6-10 will hurt his draft stock undoubtedly. That said, he's still the best WR in this years class and honestly, the kid's a star in the making. He will be a top 5 receiver in this league in 5 years. You may mark my words on that if you wish.

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that we need a WR but does anyone think there is any chance all this new news hurts him and he falls all the way down to us?

Rodgersfan1985

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GJ85 said:
Not that we need a WR but does anyone think there is any chance all this new news hurts him and he falls all the way down to us?

I would be optimistic about it but I wouldnt bet on it. I think "someone" a.k.a the detroit lions are goona not let that pick get into the NFC north without nothin but blue on. I think even if he is crippled up they still need him to replace Williams. I just dont know for sure though, but I dont think the Pack have a chance to get him nor do they want him. but I dont see it effecting Crabtree's destiny as far as the draft.

OP
OP
The Coordinator

The Coordinator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgersfan1985 said:
GJ85 said:

I would be optimistic about it but I wouldnt bet on it. I think "someone" a.k.a the detroit lions are goona not let that pick get into the NFC north without nothin but blue on. I think even if he is crippled up they still need him to replace Williams. I just dont know for sure though, but I dont think the Pack have a chance to get him nor do they want him. but I dont see it effecting Crabtree's destiny as far as the draft.

The lions will not touch another WR in the first round for the next 10 years with the history of their first round WR selections. I can see the lions selecting one of the 4 studs OT, Stafford or the linebacker Curry. The lions have to make this selection an impact player or the fans in Detroit might tourch the staduim.
Even if Crabtree falls to us I would be for selecting Raji, OT or Jenkins.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'd support taking Crabtree if he fell to us, mostly because I think we could get great value for him if we then turned around and dealt him to someone who needs a receiver, I.E. Dallas.

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GJ85 said:

No chance in hell. Being two inches shorter than expected doesn't change what he was able to do at TT. If I am a GM I would rather have him at 6-3 than 6-1, but he is still a top 5 pick at either height. And if he slides anywhere past 5 you better believe that there will be teams looking to trade up for him. If he slides to 9 the Packers would almost certainly be that team that trades down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts