Cowherd Rips Rodgers

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares? He's a clown who changes his opinions every other month to rile people up.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Cowherd is the same clown that tried arguing Rodgers' all time best TD/INT ratio is overrated because taking more risks is something he likes in a quarterback, as if we're talking about an Alex Smith type guy. :rolleyes:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CaptainCanuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the same guy who compared football players to hollywood actors of having stuntmen.

Last edited:

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a dream job right? Imagine being Cowherd and getting paid to yell your hot takes on air each & everyday without ever having to be correct about a single one.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in San Diego I listen to Cowherd because local stations drone on obviously about either the Padres or the now hate for the Chargers. Never a fan of either team, I choose to listen to whatever national show I can, so Cowherd gets it during his slot.

So after years of listening to him it is clear, as someone referenced earlier, he picks his takes on what will get reaction. His ratings go up if you love him, and they go up if you hate him, as long as you are listening to him. And it works. He has radio, tv, podcasts and has been national for a long time now.

With Rodgers being one of the top names in football for a long time, poking at him generates a lot of emotion, reaction, ratings. $$$ for Cowherd.

Still better than listening to Darren Smith and co.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of this is surprising. Rodgers is hurt right now so his play has been down, and the media is always going to take shots at players when their play is down. If Rodgers was playing great, Cowherd would be praising him. Bayless though, consistently hates on Rodgers, no matter how he plays.

I thought Cowherd's commentary on Rodgers today was more interesting - he was comparing him to other quarterbacks. Comparing him to Favre (Favre has more MVPS, more Super Bowl appearances, didn't miss games, plus other longevity records), Brees (Brees has more yards per game, has five 5,000 yard seasons to Rodgers zero, better all time completion percentage), Brady (five rings, eight Super Bowl appearances), and Mahomes this year (putting up way better numbers than Rodgers).

My take on this is that Rodgers may be the best quarterback in history, but the way the NFL is emphasizing the pass and the offense right now, the margin isn't as wide as it used to be. And it's harder now to capitalize on him, because big numbers are being put up all around the league. In other words, we can't depend on just having Rodgers to win.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I stuck up for Cowherd the other day. Someone said he didn't smell too good. To which I responded... "Like s*it he does."

I listened to Rodgers' presser and thought he was pissed at the entire offensive production...and said so. I didn't hear him call out anyone. Silverstein just read Rodgers' subliminal, tossed in a little speculation and guesswork. Demovsky added a little more splotchy crud and then wazzizname at the Press Gazette joined in the circle jerk.

Then, the national media got their stinky fingers in it...and we end up with this poop salad of a made up story.

Funny thing is the turd burglars at PFT ran with it, almost verbetim and the dummies there gobble that crap up. I made 4 posts essentially outlining how the sh*t storm came to be...and all 4 were deleted.

Look, we know Aaron and how he is...and how he speaks. You have to take Aaron at face value. These clowns were saying "well, what Aaron MEANT to MEAN is this..."

Riley82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We dont get Bayless or Cowherd in the uk (on our coverage thank god).
I have watched them online and they always make snide comments about the Packers and sometimes other players.
If they (Skip and Cowherd) think they can do better than any player why dont they go and play?
I understand they are allowed a opinion but they just get on peoples nerves i do not watch them online anymore.

H

HardRightEdge

I stuck up for Cowherd the other day. Someone said he didn't smell too good. To which I responded... "Like s*it he does."

I listened to Rodgers' presser and thought he was pissed at the entire offensive production...and said so. I didn't hear him call out anyone. Silverstein just read Rodgers' subliminal, tossed in a little speculation and guesswork. Demovsky added a little more splotchy crud and then wazzizname at the Press Gazette joined in the circle jerk.

Then, the national media got their stinky fingers in it...and we end up with this poop salad of a made up story.

Funny thing is the turd burglars at PFT ran with it, almost verbetim and the dummies there gobble that crap up. I made 4 posts essentially outlining how the sh*t storm came to be...and all 4 were deleted.

Look, we know Aaron and how he is...and how he speaks. You have to take Aaron at face value. These clowns were saying "well, what Aaron MEANT to MEAN is this..."
You might have missed the ESPN podcast where I think it was THE Joe Thomas who said Rodgers is now the "owner" of the franchise with the new contract and he calls the shots.

I think what you're trying to say is it's all a lot of :poop:.

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought Cowherd's commentary on Rodgers today was more interesting - he was comparing him to other quarterbacks. Comparing him to Favre (Favre has more MVPS, more Super Bowl appearances, didn't miss games, plus other longevity records), Brees (Brees has more yards per game, has five 5,000 yard seasons to Rodgers zero, better all time completion percentage), Brady (five rings, eight Super Bowl appearances), and Mahomes this year (putting up way better numbers than Rodgers).

In my opinion total passing yards is an overrated metric, especially when talking about Brees. Since 2008 he has attempted at least 700 more passes than any other quarterback in the league, while over that period Rodgers (7.87) has a small advantage in yards per attempt over the Saints QB (7.85).

Mahomes has started a total of five games, way too premature to even consider him in a class with the other QBs mentioned.

H

HardRightEdge

Mahomes has started a total of five games, way too premature to even consider him in a class with the other QBs mentioned.
I rated Mahomes the best QB in that draft after watching him work the grease board with Jon Gruden in one of those pre-draft shows where Gruden would walk a group of QBs through the paces.

Mahomes ability to process, and process fast, was evident. He even talks fast. He says he hasn't had to adjust to the speed of the NFL game. I believe that; he looked like he was already processing at NFL speed.

Arm strength and quick release are important, which he has, but the ability to process the field quickly is what a lot of big armed QBs lack. Romo, a guy who's especially articulate in describing what goes on, has called it "processing spacial relations".

To your point, Mahomes may be experiencing a "triumph of the uncluttered mind." (See Blain Nye, Cliff Longley, Thanksgiving Day, 1974 ;)). We still need to see how he handles the growing attention, the outside distractions that come with it, the rising expectations, and the backlash and nay-saying that will follow the inevitable first stumble and then the inevitable ones after that. He has some potent weapons at his disposal. How will he adapt to their injuries or his own? How will he adjust to the inevitable defensive adjustments as he puts up more tape?

Though Prescott's debut was not so gaudy, it's an instructive example. Whether his fall off from the "next elite" is a function of pressure, defensive adaptation, failure to counter-adapt, fall-off in surrounding talent, coaching failing to adapt, or a combination of factors leading to a "cluttered mind", an early hot hand will eventually be tested. Will he be able to say, "relax", when things go awry and then back it up?

We're a decade into a P. Manning-Brady-Rodgers-Brees elite that nobody has been able to crack. Or the decade-long second tier of Ryan-Roethlisberger-Rivers-Stafford who have had their own ups and downs but with an impressive body of work?

Whether Mahomes or Goff or Wentz, those varying degrees of uncluttered minds could take their team a long way in one season. Stacking success over multiple years is a matter that remains to be seen. There is a consistent and intense focus and mental toughness and resiliance that is required for prolonged success.

Many have been called; few have been chosen.