Countdown To Brett Breaking Records!

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
BTW, what's Favre's record at Soldier field?? I'd be willing to bet that he's #1 in winning percentage for QBs at Soldier field. How many other Soldier field records does Favre have?

Well, currently, Rex is batting one thousand at Lambeau :p

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BF got where he is being the type of player he is. He is not worried about all these stats. He wants wins. He puts the ball in places no other QB has ever shown the ability to do.

Having that ability and the desire to win is going to lead to INT's. Heck, he probably has 20+ INTS he threw up there at the end of halfs and games trying to get a last second score.

Do you thing he was worried with how those INTS look on his record?

The testimony to Favre is stated over and over by bunches of guys that have played in the NFL who have all stated they would have loved to play with No. 4.

The consecutive game streak itself is unbelievable. Phil, how many QB's you guys going to go thru to get to that number of games played?

They way it's going it looks like 30 something.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmm...seems to me that there was an actual topic to this thread but it's been lost thanks to the trolls. :(

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Bobby Roberts said:
BTW, what's Favre's record at Soldier field?? I'd be willing to bet that he's #1 in winning percentage for QBs at Soldier field. How many other Soldier field records does Favre have?

Well, currently, Rex is batting one thousand at Lambeau :(

So how many more games to you think glass-grosman will last this season before breaking??

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
The only reason you can boast about Grossman now is because he is staying healthy right now. Otherwise you yourself would be begging to have a QB who was tough enough to last through 200+ games.

Favre was a great qb. Bears fans like to bring up the INT's because that is all we have against him. (Well, the INTS and 5 of the last 6 games). For most of his career, he has done a number on the Bears.

As far as Brett being tough enough to start 200+ games. If he had any of the injuries that Grossman had, Brett would not have played. Brett's streak is much more luck than anything else. David Carr is a tough SOB. Look at how many sacks he has taken in the past 3 years, and he keeps playing. Brett has been fortunate with an OLIne in the past that has kept sacks to a minimum.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
The only reason you can boast about Grossman now is because he is staying healthy right now. Otherwise you yourself would be begging to have a QB who was tough enough to last through 200+ games.

Favre was a great qb. Bears fans like to bring up the INT's because that is all we have against him. (Well, the INTS and 5 of the last 6 games). For most of his career, he has done a number on the Bears.

As far as Brett being tough enough to start 200+ games. If he had any of the injuries that Grossman had, Brett would not have played. Brett's streak is much more luck than anything else. David Carr is a tough SOB. Look at how many sacks he has taken in the past 3 years, and he keeps playing. Brett has been fortunate with an OLIne in the past that has kept sacks to a minimum.

How easily some of you forget, not only the brolen thumb, how about the seperated ahoulder he pplayed with the last half of his first full year, and how about the severly sprained ankle(or maybe it was an acl) he played on and i do believe tossed four td"s against Bears.
We won't even go into the many personal tradgedies that Brett has went through and continued to play, when even the most die-hard Packer fan never expected him to be on the field(see GB vs Oak. MOnday night game).
Don't even try to compare Grossman with Brett, Grossman has yet to play even a single season without being sidelined, you have absolutley no argument so you might as well just drop it.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
4thand26 said:

How easily some of you forget, not only the brolen thumb, how about the seperated ahoulder he pplayed with the last half of his first full year, and how about the severly sprained ankle(or maybe it was an acl) he played on and i do believe tossed four td"s against Bears.
We won't even go into the many personal tradgedies that Brett has went through and continued to play, when even the most die-hard Packer fan never expected him to be on the field(see GB vs Oak. MOnday night game).
Don't even try to compare Grossman with Brett, Grossman has yet to play even a single season without being sidelined, you have absolutley no argument so you might as well just drop it.

I am not comparing Brett to Grossman. If Grossman plays for the next 10 years like he has for the past 5 games, then Grossman will be compared to Brett. The odds of that happening are slim to none.

It is 5:13am. I am going to play basketball at a gym. I sprained my ankle a week ago, very badly. I will hobble up and down the court, for a total of 0 dollars. I love to play basketball. Brett playing football with a twisted ankle for millions of dollars is not that impressive.

What would be impressive is a lineman, that has contact every play, going out and playing on Sunday. Every week there are players playing hurt. Rex has had injuries where nobody could ever play. Brett has been lucky to avoid those types of injuries.

If Brett were really tough, he would have told Strahan "to bad about not getting the sack record" right before eluding him and at least throwing the ball away. Bet his offensive linemen would have thought him tough then.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's happened to my good buddy 4th?? you're one of the good guys - stop acting like a lil creep or i'll ground you!! please note - 'grounding' can include various forms of whipping, spanking, etc... ;) :D

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
what's happened to my good buddy 4th?? you're one of the good guys - stop acting like a lil creep or i'll ground you!! please note - 'grounding' can include various forms of whipping, spanking, etc... ;) :D

Go ahead, ground me! I dare ya! (please...please... oh pretty please!)
:whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :wink:

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Bears fans are winning this one. It's funny to me to watch Packer fans look past all the bad with Brett.

He is what he is and you know what you think he is. No one else really cares.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:
I think the Bears fans are winning this one. It's funny to me to watch Packer fans look past all the bad with Brett.

He is what he is and you know what you think he is. No one else really cares.

yeah, i wouldn't have expected any different response from you, timmons. i find it 'funny' that those of us who clearly understand that brett is in his final season, have admitted time & time again that he appears to have lost a step, are constantly told we are sucking brett's balls.

if I can admit to the previous, why can't YOU admit that he's STILL an awesome QB & our best chance at winning. give a little, timmons - it really doesn't hurt that bad!!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:

I actually have given Brett a fair amount of praise in this topic. Brett avoiding major injury is no doubt partly because of his abilities - he use to scramble like a madman. However, the vast majority of him being healthy has been luck. Look at Carson Palmer. Was it in any way his fault that the fat man rolled up on his leg?

Your threat of grounding is very inviting. May I hold your 4's during the session? Thankyou maam, may I have another?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm actually a fan of Grossman and the one reason I like him is who does he remind me of.. Brett. The same reason Rex can make some big plays which the Bears have always lacked is the same reason he makes some bonehead mistakes like the int in Min. or the int in GB. Rex may throw some brain cramps and yet for the first time the Bears have a QB who might actually take them somewhere. IS anyone else getting what I'm trying to say? I would think now more then ever the Bears fans should understand Brett's greatness even with the int's cause what made him great is what just might help Rex make it in this league, he's a gunslinger.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I'm actually a fan of Grossman and the one reason I like him is who does he remind me of.. Brett. The same reason Rex can make some big plays which the Bears have always lacked is the same reason he makes some bonehead mistakes like the int in Min. or the int in GB. Rex may throw some brain cramps and yet for the first time the Bears have a QB who might actually take them somewhere. IS anyone else getting what I'm trying to say? I would think now more then ever the Bears fans should understand Brett's greatness even with the int's cause what made him great is what just might help Rex make it in this league, he's a gunslinger.

Well put. I hate the comparison to Brett for the fact that Rex is 5 years away from being comparison worthy.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

Well put. I hate the comparison to Brett for the fact that Rex is 5 years away from being comparison worthy.

+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
| Passing | Rushing |
+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
| Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD |
| 2003 chi | 3 | 38 72 52.8 437 6.1 2 1 | 3 -1 0 |
| 2004 chi | 3 | 47 84 56.0 607 7.2 1 3 | 11 48 1 |
| 2005 chi | 2 | 20 39 51.3 259 6.6 1 2 | 0 0 0 |
| 2006 chi | 5 | 93 152 61.2 1243 8.2 10 3 | 6 1 0 |
| TOTAL | 13 | 198 347 57.1 2546 7.3 14 9 | 20 48 1 |

So far, Grossman has not even a year's worth of stats. So far today, he's thrown three interceptions and the game's not even over.

Comparing Rex Grossman against Favre is like comparing my fat neighbor down the street to Chuck Norris.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correction zombie, he ended up throwing 4. :wink:

Nice. Grossman throws too many INTs. I think he needs to be benched in favor of their 2nd QB.

Now, I'm only kidding, but showing how irrational that whole argument I've been hearing about Favre is.

Back on topic - we need 9 wins. Come on Packers, 9 more to go and Favre's the all-time undisputed winningnest QB. :packbeer:

Let's get one in Miami. Then after the game, we could all be like this - :pals:

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correction zombie, he ended up throwing 4. :wink:

Nice. Grossman throws too many INTs. I think he needs to be benched in favor of their 2nd QB.

Now, I'm only kidding, but showing how irrational that whole argument I've been hearing about Favre is.

Back on topic - we need 9 wins. Come on Packers, 9 more to go and Favre's the all-time undisputed winningnest QB. :packbeer:

Let's get one in Miami. Then after the game, we could all be like this - :pals:

And what do the Packers winning have to do with :pals: ? I am like that anyway.... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Updated today after Miami game does anyone know the most wins record i think far has like 6 or 7 to go.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts