Most Seasons, 3,000 or More Yards Passing
14 Brett Favre, Green Bay, 1992-2005
13 Dan Marino, Miami, 1984-1992, 1994-95, 1997-98

Already Winning But Lets Make It 15

Most Games, Four or More Touchdown Passes, Career
21 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999
19 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2005

2 To Tie 3 To Surpass!!!!

If Anyone Puts Down The INT Record I Will Hunt You Down Myself And Kill You!!!!!

No Not Really But Dont Post It Please.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
NO, the records will never be broken. Haven't you heard? We should sit Favre so we can see what we have in Rodgers!!

Can we play Ingle better???

Maybe they can even sign me I am 38, need knee surgery and I think I play real bad... Does it sound like a TT signing to you???

Just kiddin, jut kiddin !!!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see a pattern. If he ties the records, and then gets one more, he breaks the records! Holds true for every record. Amazing.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
I see a pattern. If he ties the records, and then gets one more, he breaks the records! Holds true for every record. Amazing.

Hey everybody look! A bear fan shows up in a Brett Favre thread. Who'd of thunk it?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
4thand26 said:

Hey everybody look! A bear fan shows up in a Brett Favre thread. Who'd of thunk it?

ROFLMAO!!! Perfect timing De~

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Most Touchdown Passes, Career
420 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999
403 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2005

17 To Tie 18 To Surpass!!!!

Most Passes Attempted, Career
8,358 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999
7,813 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2005

545 To Tie 546 To Surpass!!!!

Most Passes Completed, Career
4,967 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999
4,793 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2005

174 To Tie 175 To Surpass!!!!

Most Yards Gained, Career
61,361 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999
54,890 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2005

6471 To Tie 6472 To Surpass!!!!

If Anyone Puts Down The INT Record I Will Hunt You Down Myself And Kill You!!!!!

You forgot one of the most important records. Most wins for a QB. Currently John Elway holds it, and this one I really want to see broken, more than any other. Elway has it at 148. Anyone know where Favre is at?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I found interesting is I thought Brett was right up there in td's cause of his durability, but I found out he played only 1 more game then Marino to get #400. One thing that stats will never show are his greatest assets which are leadership and toughness. I think there's so many qualities in the true greats that #'s will never show. None the less I'd love to see him break all records(except int's)
BTW for the Bears fans lurking, did you know who has thrown the 4th most td's ever at Soldier Field. (Hint, it's not even a Bear;s QB)

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
PackerLegend said:
Most Touchdown Passes, Career
420 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999
403 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2005

17 To Tie 18 To Surpass!!!!

Most Passes Attempted, Career
8,358 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999
7,813 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2005

545 To Tie 546 To Surpass!!!!

Most Passes Completed, Career
4,967 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999
4,793 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2005

174 To Tie 175 To Surpass!!!!

Most Yards Gained, Career
61,361 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999
54,890 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2005

6471 To Tie 6472 To Surpass!!!!

You forgot one of the most important records. Most wins for a QB. Currently John Elway holds it, and this one I really want to see broken, more than any other. Elway has it at 148. Anyone know where Favre is at?

i think he needs 9 more.

it is unlikely that he will pass it this year, and if the packers are still not playing good next year he still might not break the record :shock:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Philtration said:
Including that INT recoerd.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You'll burn in hell for that

As hard as it is to look at that photo. One must give Phil credit. That is a heck of a photo, and a stat that should be listed, and will be noted when Brett enters the hall of fame.

The fact is... His INT ratio is a part of his game, personality, drive, and GUTS.

If Brett had less INT's at this point of his career he would also have less T.D's, less completions, less success, and less of a chance to be a first vote Hall Of Famer.

Show me a person who has succeded and I will show you a person who has failed more often than any other person in their field of endevor,

How may times did Babe Ruth strike out? He led the majors in his tenure. He struck out more than any super star in his era.

Phil,

You would be going to sleep every night and jerking the little one right now, based on your football memories of Super Bowl Championships if YOUR team had taken the iniative to trade for Brett when he was available so many years ago.

R.P.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
[quote="Yared-Yam":2n9bejwq]
Philtration said:

As hard as it is to look at that photo. One must give Phil credit. That is a heck of a photo, and a stat that should be listed, and will be noted when Brett enters the hall of fame.

The fact is... His INT ratio is a part of his game, personality, drive, and GUTS.

If Brett had less INT's at this point of his career he would also have less T.D's, less completions, less success, and less of a chance to be a first vote Hall Of Famer.

Show me a person who has succeded and I will show you a person who has failed more often than any other person in their field of endevor,

How may times did Babe Ruth strike out? He led the majors in his tenure. He struck out more than any super star in his era.

R.P.[/quote:2n9bejwq]

That's funny, I don't remember Walter Payton setting the record for the most fumbles or Michael Jordan having the most turnovers...

Does Pete Rose have the most strikeouts to go with the most hits?
How come Dan Marino does not have more INTs than Favre?

Sounds like your theory is loaded with self-serving ****.

By the way, Babe Ruth is ranked 83rd in career strikeouts. Not 1st. Quite a difference but I am sure that you will not let the facts get in the way of your point right?

Reaction score
Philtration said:
Raider Pride said:
[quote="Yared-Yam":16x6a7oj]
Philtration said:

R.P.

That's funny, I don't remember Walter Payton setting the record for the most fumbles or Michael Jordan having the most turnovers...

Does Pete Rose have the most strikeouts to go with the most hits?
How come Dan Marino does not have more INTs than Favre?

Sounds like your theory is loaded with self-serving ****.

By the way, Babe Ruth is ranked 83rd in career strikeouts. Not 1st. Quite a difference but I am sure that you will not let the facts get in the way of your point right?
[/quote:16x6a7oj]

Not every INT was Favre's fault.

He played with different WRs, a ton of them.

INTs come with the territory. With the style Brett plays, its a high risk/high reward territory.

Truth is, Brett's importance to this city can't be underestimated. He played an important role in bringing winning back to Green Bay, and setting up the front office people to do something.

Given everything he has accomplished, I could really care less how many INTs he throws. He won the close games, made huge plays, and did things which not many other Qbs could do.

Did he end up costing us games with his INTs? Sure. However he won us more games than he cost.

He may not be the way you want a QB to way, but his way worked for him. Big time. Can't argue with that.

His INT maybe one stat he ends up leading, but there will be a a list of other stats he will be on top of that are positive. One negative shouldn't take away from how good of a player he was in his career.

Starting 200+ games should also give an indication of how tough he was, mentally and physically. To have that many INTs, and still keep playing (having the coaches confidence, the confidence in his abilities to keep playing his way) is something that you should also look at Phil.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I beg to differ.
Was every INT thrown by George Blanda his fault?
Blanda played for 4 different teams so it is safe to say that he threw to a lot of different recievers as well.

John Elway's stats are pretty much the same as Favre's except for the INTs. You think that the Broncos did not go through a number of WRs while he was the QB there?
This was the guy who had more game winning come from behind pass attempts than anyone. He just hit his recievers where Favre throws it up for grabs.

Reaction score
Philtration said:
I beg to differ.
John Elway's stats are pretty much the same as Favre's except for the INTs. You think that the Broncos did not go through a number of WRs while he was the QB there?
This was the guy who had more game winning come from behind pass attempts than anyone. He just hit his recievers where Favre throws it up for grabs.

Different era's produce different times Phil. That is why I won't get into the Blanda.

You are right. Changing faces at WRs are a norm, I'll give you that.

However, regardless of that tidbit, Favre can't be compared to Elway. It's like apples and oranges.

Favre did his thing in a different system. Would Elway have been the same in Holmgren's WCO? Who knows. Perhaps he would have had more freedom to go through the long ball, and that would have resulted in more INTs. Perhaps Brett playing in the system Elway played in migth lead to Brett throwing less TDs.

My point is, there are too many extraneous variables that come into play when comparing Marino/Favre/Elway in terms of their INT record.

Fact of the matter is that Favre has done for this team what not many people could do.

You talk about records, I believe you gotta talk about the struggle Favre has had, the way in which he has grown. Granted we all have struggles Phil, but it is different when they are blown up by the media. This guy (Favre) is the one who changed his ways, the QB who has a personality who so many of us can relate too. He is someone who for countless games made people turn on their TV and watch him, because they wanted to be entertained. You can't keep bringing up his INT record as proof this guy had problems.

Also, as for your point about throwing it up for grabs. Phil, you seem to have taken the media insight on this. Favre is the type of guy who just rambles on at times, without thinking what he says. He isn't gonna be one to brag about himself, he'll go out and just talk away. At points he has said "I threw it up for grabs", especially last season. However take last season out of the equation for a sec. Do you really think Favre would have played for this long if all he had to do was "throw it up for grabs"? The art of playing QB requires finer details, much finer details, than that.

Sure, at times he has thrown it up, and it has turned into a big play. But to think that has happened on the majority of his TDs, or completions is being narrow sighted. It takes ability to read a defence, realize that you might have a better matchup at certain spot, and adjust accordingly.

Sure Favre threw it deep. However being a QB in football does require a whole more talent than just throwing it up, and praying it gets caught. I just don't get people who say Favre relies too much on his WRs.

Look at Schroder. Look at Freeman. Were they the same players with Favre as they were without? Nope. That enough is proof that Brett made these players better (and they did the same for Brett, it's a cycle). But to dismiss Brett as someone who throws it up for grabs is wrong because it isn't true. It takes a lot of skill and ability to play the QB position, and can you honestly tell me with a straight face that Favre would have lasted this long if all he had to do was throw it up and hope his WRs came down with it?

Lest we forget Phil, this is a QB who many would have taken around the turn of the century because he was just that good. Can you honestly tell me, that for the past couple of years Grossman has been injured, if you were to have a QB from any other team in teh NFC that you wouldn't take Favre?

Not to mention that many people picked the Packers to compete solely based on Favre, and his ability to win games. The Packers didn't have the great WRs during the early 2000 years, but why did teams still pick the Pack to compete? Favre's ability to do things that other's couldn't.

The only reason you can boast about Grossman now is because he is staying healthy right now. Otherwise you yourself would be begging to have a QB who was tough enough to last through 200+ games.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leave it to the Bear fans to dwell on the one thing that they can. The int record. Yeah, Brett may break most of the records but lets concentrate on the one and only negative stat that comes with all the rest. :roll:

Brett Favre has proven himself. period. His accomplishments are better than ANY QB in the history of the bears.

Clearly you bash him because he is a packer and no other reason.

Bash him all you want. It just makes your intellegence all the more clear.

And as far as I am concerned, throw two touchdowns for every pick and I will let you throw all the picks you want.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, what's Favre's record at Soldier field?? I'd be willing to bet that he's #1 in winning percentage for QBs at Soldier field. How many other Soldier field records does Favre have?

Members online

Latest posts