What's our main problem?

• Total voters
OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen a team like the Pats just take advantage of every mistake another team makes at the most opportune moments and never look back. I wish it was GB doing that, but i'm glad to witness it regardless and see with my own eyes.
It was just a lucky combination between a good coach and a amenable QB who constantly restructures. I doubt such a relationship would ever be replicated.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're going to make me do this aren't you?

*sigh*

Standby I'll pull up some research to back my claim.

I'm still waiting.

Brady himself has said he has taken less. Less than he could have gotten anyway, maybe not less than other QBs in the league.

Rodgers mentioned that his relationship with McCarthy was fine last year as well. I tend not to believe everything professional athletes tell the media.

Anyway, I thought we had this straightened out. He takes less in the short term, but signs frequent contracts so his pay stays high over time. Because at any given time, when he signed, he could/should have been the highest paid player in the league (arguably), but he hasn't been.

The way the Patriots and Brady manage his contract definitely results in the impression that he has taken less money. That's not true when taking a look at the facts though.

Okay, so you're saying those teams made stupid mistakes which handed them those Super Bowl wins. Not a bad point. But that's the thing about the Pats, they don't make those stupid mistakes.

So you pretty much acknowledge that New England won those two on a whim, due to the stupidity of the other two teams then?

While the Patriots definitely got lucky against the Falcons and Seahawks they could have easily won both games vs. the Giants.

D

Deleted member 6794

He takes less money in the short term.

Actually that's not true either. The Patriots and Brady have agreed on several occasions to convert his base salary into a signing bonus to create additional cap space in a season.

That hasn't resulted in Brady taking less money at any point though.

D

Deleted member 6794

He does take less, because otherwise he would have been signing contracts making him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Well, if you include the two voided years in his current contract Brady is the quarterback with the highest cap hit this season by a wide margin.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Damn ...

Seriously ... some of you kool-aid drinkers need to wake up and see what happens outside Lambeau ...

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...ots-dominance-over-teams-outside-afc-east?amp

https://patriotsdynasty.info/blog/2019/01-02/myth-easy-afc-east-definitive-guide

https://boxden.com/showthread.php?t=2676430

I know some of you wont bother to read, however, The insistance (sp?) on keeping to say The only reason Patriots have been as dominant is because they play in a weak division, is at Best naive, at worst its being outright ignorant ... and shows some ppl seldom if ever, watch Any games besides The ones The Packers are playing ... Let alone know anything about The NFL as a whole ... despite claiming they do ...

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if you include the two voided years in his current contract Brady is the quarterback with the highest cap hit this season by a wide margin.
but they don't so his cap hit is $21.5.
his cap hit is always the lowest of the non-rookie-deal elites thus allowing BB to build a team with experienced vets wanting to win and willing to take less...which includes brady.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn ...

Seriously ... some of you kool-aid drinkers need to wake up and see what happens outside Lambeau ...

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...ots-dominance-over-teams-outside-afc-east?amp

https://patriotsdynasty.info/blog/2019/01-02/myth-easy-afc-east-definitive-guide

I know some of you wont bother to read, however, The insistance (sp?) on keeping to say The only reason Patriots have been as dominant is because they play in a weak division, is at Best naive, at worst its being outright ignorant ... and shows some ppl seldom if ever, watch Any games besides The ones The Packers are playing ... Let alone know anything about The NFL as a whole ... despite claiming they do ...
Yes. Not to mention. It’s not a secret that when someone is trying to find a way to belittle a proven champion.. it’s because of their own jealousy.
But the larger issue is, they will never learn how to become one because they discount the very process that produces results.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn ...

Knew it was only a matter of time before this guy joined the fold. Anytime there is to either praise Brady or bash Rodgers he's never far behind. Thanks a lot @gbgary.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Not to mention. It’s not a secret that when someone is trying to find a way to belittle a proven champion.. it’s because of their own jealousy.
But the larger issue is, they will never learn how to become one because they discount the very process that produces results.
Winning 6 SBs is winning 6 SBs, but my issue is that people have a tendency to over exaggerate the legend and whatnot. No one will be able to take Brady's 6 rings and I respect him. But his road was definitely not as difficult as others tend to believe it was. It's like when people say Lebron went to 9 straight finals because he was in The East in Basketball. That's why I'm of the mindset he wouldn't have translated to as many SB appearances, let alone rings if he was on the NFC. Brady is good but he's not invincible as you guys are making him.

Reaction score
Winning 6 SBs is winning 6 SBs, but my issue is that people have a tendency to over exaggerate the legend and whatnot. No one will be able to take Brady's 6 rings and I respect him. But his road was definitely not as difficult as others tend to believe it was. It's like when people say Lebron went to 9 straight finals because he was in The East in Basketball. That's why I'm of the mindset he wouldn't have translated to as many SB appearances, let alone rings if he was on the NFC. Brady is good but he's not invincible as you guys are making him.
I don’t want to start an entire argument that’s of course, futile. But Brady didn’t put together 14/17 seasons worth of top 10 Defenses. He had ZERO to do with that and it wasn’t the direct result of playing 6 inter division games. BB gets the majority of the credit over any individual player, he produces in all 3 phases consistently and repeatedly and no one player can take that credit. Brady no doubt did his part and deserves some credit. but I’m confident there are a handful of QBs that would’ve excelled under those conditions. Rodgers, Brees and Manning to name a few.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Knew it was only a matter of time before this guy joined the fold. Anytime there is to either praise Brady or bash Rodgers he's never far behind. Thanks a lot @gbgary.

You are so far out of reach ...

I doubt you even read Any of The articles, let alone The stats ...

I didnt mention Brady, nor Rodgers in that post you quoted ... Yet that is what you blabber still about ... LOL

Again, The myth about The AFC east being weak is just that, a myth ... - Yet it seems something you refuse to believe, even when every statistic that is pulled is proving you wrong ... - Talk about being ignorant ...

I havent seen Any posts stating Brady being “invincible” or that Brady is The reason The Pats won all those SB’s, quite The opposite though ...

And about NE having a top 10 defense all The time The Pats won The Super Bowl ... well;

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...eight-2018-nfl-playoff-teams-divisional-round

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t want to start an entire argument that’s of course, futile. But Brady didn’t put together 14/17 seasons worth of top 10 Defenses. He had ZERO to do with that and it wasn’t the direct result of playing 6 inter division games. BB gets the majority of the credit over any individual player, he produces in all 3 phases consistently and repeatedly and no one player can take that credit. Brady no doubt did his part and deserves some credit. but I’m confident there are a handful of QBs that would’ve excelled under those conditions. Rodgers, Brees and Manning to name a few.
Agreed. Football is a team sport, but I guess what annoys me is the pedestal people put Brady on. Again I like the guy and I have huge respect for him, but let's put things in its proper place is all I'm saying.

You are so far out of reach ...

I doubt you even read Any of The articles, let alone The stats ...

I didnt mention Brady, nor Rodgers in that post you quoted ... Yet that is what you blabber still about ... LOL

Again, The myth about The AFC east being weak is just that, a myth ... - Yet it seems something you refuse to believe, even when every statistic that is pulled is proving you wrong ... - Talk about being ignorant ...

I havent seen Any posts stating Brady being “invincible” or that Brady is The reason The Pats won all those SB’s, quite The opposite though ...

And about NE having a top 10 defense all The time The Pats won The Super Bowl ... well;

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...eight-2018-nfl-playoff-teams-divisional-round

*sigh* Of course you would say that... Never change Quientus. Always a pleasure seeing you.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agreed. Football is a team sport, but I guess what annoys me is the pedestal people put Brady on. Again I like the guy and I have huge respect for him, but let's put things in its proper place is all I'm saying.

Why shouldn't he be on a pedestal? As soon as he is eligible, his bust will be on one in the HOF.

Just my opinion, but anyone that seems to want to "argue" that Tom Brady isn't as good as most say that he is, have an uphill battle on their hands right out of the gate. Sure you can nitpick and throw out reasons why you think he isn't that great, but most of those "arguments" to me come off as just reaching for reasons. It is hard to ignore the success he and the Patriots have had and equally hard, IMO not to attribute a lot of it to him. The only "grey area" in my opinion is how much Bill Belichick has contributed to the success, but someone might argue that Brady has also contributed to BB's success as well.

Read what a lot of knowledgeable NFL'ers say about Brady, including Aaron Rodgers himself.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-e...what-makes-tom-brady-the-greatest-of-all-time

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why shouldn't he be on a pedestal? As soon as he is eligible, his bust will be on one in the HOF.

Just my opinion, but anyone that seems to want to "argue" that Tom Brady isn't as good as most say that he is, have an uphill battle on their hands right out of the gate. Sure you can nitpick and throw out reasons why you think he isn't that great, but most of those "arguments" to me come off as just reaching for reasons. It is hard to ignore the success he and the Patriots have had and equally hard, IMO not to attribute a lot of it to him. The only "grey area" in my opinion is how much Bill Belichick has contributed to the success, but someone might argue that Brady has also contributed to BB's success as well.

Read what a lot of knowledgeable NFL'ers say about Brady, including Aaron Rodgers himself.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-e...what-makes-tom-brady-the-greatest-of-all-time

And again why is it just BRADY that gets to be on that pedestal, when he benefited from the organization just as much as they did? If Brady carried the load like Rodgers did then I wouldn't have such a problem with people over exaggerating the legend that is Tom Brady. But it's not like Brady did all this alone. He had a TEAM, plus the best head coach in modern era, but people often choose to neglect that. I've already stated that I think that Brady is the greatest, and like you said Rodgers even called him the greatest, but I'm not blind to fawn over him like everyone. Do I think he's the greatest? Absolutely. But do I think his road was a lot easier compared to others? Yes. Do I think he would've had the same success had he played in the NFC? No I do not. Again it's just like when people say that the East is weaker than the West in regards to Lebron making all those finals appearances. I do see it's not point in talking about it as Brady is now at the point where he's untouchable. And while I do think he's the GREATEST, I certainly don't think he's the BEST. Those are two different things. But what I do marvel at is how he has stood over time, and his commitment to excellence is very rare. But again it wasn't just Brady alone, it was The Patriots. I hate their fans but I respect the hell out of Brady.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
And again why is it just BRADY that gets to be on that pedestal, when he benefited from the organization just as much as they did?

I'm not going to pretend to know the Patriots teams well enough to say who else will be on the pedestal next to TB. Bill Belichick for sure, Gronk to some extent, Stephan Gostkowski. Beyond those 3 guys, there was a string of pretty good players coming in and out of New England that helped them be the Championship team that they have been over the years.

Like it or not, Brady being the QB and Bill Belichick being the GM/Coach through all those years, will raise them the highest on the "pedestal" when their history is written.

Last edited:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
And again why is it just BRADY that gets to be on that pedestal, when he benefited from the organization just as much as they did? If Brady carried the load like Rodgers did then I wouldn't have such a problem with people over exaggerating the legend that is Tom Brady. But it's not like Brady did all this alone. He had a TEAM, plus the best head coach in modern era, but people often choose to neglect that. I've already stated that I think that Brady is the greatest, and like you said Rodgers even called him the greatest, but I'm not blind to fawn over him like everyone. Do I think he's the greatest? Absolutely. But do I think his road was a lot easier compared to others? Yes. Do I think he would've had the same success had he played in the NFC? No I do not. Again it's just like when people say that the East is weaker than the West in regards to Lebron making all those finals appearances. I do see it's not point in talking about it as Brady is now at the point where he's untouchable. And while I do think he's the GREATEST, I certainly don't think he's the BEST. Those are two different things. But what I do marvel at is how he has stood over time, and his commitment to excellence is very rare. But again it wasn't just Brady alone, it was The Patriots. I hate their fans but I respect the hell out of Brady.

Do you even read what you write before you post ?

You say you wont “blind fawn” Brady, yet that is exactly what you do when it comes to Rodgers ...

For as much as Rodgers has “carried” The load in GB, just as much has Rodgers also been a contributing Factor in why GB hasn’t had as much succes in the past many years ... - yet you conviently choose to ignore this ...

Even though I’ve always been a Belichick fan, it cant be denied that Brady has shouldered alot while leading The Patriots, especially when it comes to The talent on The Patriots offense through The years ... - so saying that he hasnt carried The load like Rodgers would be somewhat wrong ... - As most qbs actually does this on most teams ...

Its almost impossible to determine “Who is Best” of QBs, because their ranks Will vary, pending on which metric you choose to compare Them by ...

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you even read what you write before you post ?

You say you wont “blind fawn” Brady, yet that is exactly what you do when it comes to Rodgers ...

For as much as Rodgers has “carried” The load in GB, just as much has Rodgers also been a contributing Factor in why GB hasn’t had as much succes in the past many years ... - yet you conviently choose to ignore this ...

Even though I’ve always been a Belichick fan, it cant be denied that Brady has shouldered alot while leading The Patriots, especially when it comes to The talent on The Patriots offense through The years ... - so saying that he hasnt carried The load like Rodgers would be somewhat wrong ... - As most qbs actually does this on most teams ...

Its almost impossible to determine “Who is Best” of QBs, because their ranks Will vary, pending on which metric you choose to compare Them by ...

*sigh* Quientus how many times have we've done this? How many battles and endless debates you and I have went back and forth throughout the past year? You and I are like water and oil, we'll never mix. In all my times here I don't think we've ever mutually agreed on anything. We might have but I'm not sure.

But in this case I'll humor you my arch nemesis for old times sake. Explain to me what has this organization helped contribute to Rodgers? Because the way I see Rodgers has been carrying a heavier load than that in which Brady has.

Very few times has Brady had a **** poor defense like the one Rodgers has had to deal with, let alone how many times the defenses have failed to hold their side of the bargain. What you need to understand is that I don't fawn over Rodgers, as I have put the blame on his shoulders multiple times during my time here. I put the blame on him when he deserves it. What I DON'T do is go overboard in regards to the criticism he's been given by the likes of you and the others.

For example in the past you brought up his leadership into question based off the comments made by former teammates to which I shot those down based on the validity of those sources. You also brought up how he blamed teammates and whatnot in which I asked to name an instance where he went on the podium and called someone out like Big Ben did, as that was a primary case of calling someone out. You said he needs to be held accountable in which I ask for what exactly, as The Packers typically lose in the playoffs because the defense failed yet again. I don't think Rodgers is flawless, but at the same time I don't think he's nearly as bad as guys like you, gbgary (to a lesser degree), and especially RicFlair like to come down on him.

Lastly going back in regards to Tom Brady in the end it's schematics as you would say. Having said that I do think there are things he does better than Rodgers, but overall I think Rodgers is better. But to each their own I suppose. What I was saying in regards to not fawning is that Brady's road in my estimation was a lot easier than that of Rodgers. That is due to a lot of different factors and I tip my hat off to him. I've already acknowledged him as the greatest, and chances are we will never see another star like him in our lifetime. I appreciate his greatness, but having said that, I do think he benefited from a few things, it's not his fault, but it's not like I don't have a point. If you don't agree that's fine and understandable.

That is all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

but they don't so his cap hit is $21.5.
his cap hit is always the lowest of the non-rookie-deal elites thus allowing BB to build a team with experienced vets wanting to win and willing to take less...which includes brady.

Once again, the Patriots manage Brady's cap hit in a smart way but he's not taking less money.

They will have to account for the $13.5 million for the two voided years at some point though.

Brady has had the benefit of a top 10 defense for most seasons while the Packers haven't featured one since winning the Super Bowl in 2010.

Therefore Brady definitely didn't have to carry his team like Rodgers was forced to.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, the Patriots manage Brady's cap hit in a smart way but he's not taking less money.
Once again, if Brady hasn't been the highest paid player in the NFL, he's taking less money.
He's won six Super Bowls. No one has come close to his achievements. You think another team wouldn't have paid him more to pick him up? If not for his play, for the publicity and ticket sales? You think Kraft wouldn't force Belichick to pay him more if Brady demanded it?

D

Deleted member 6794

Once again, if Brady hasn't been the highest paid player in the NFL, he's taking less money.
He's won six Super Bowls. No one has come close to his achievements. You think another team wouldn't have paid him more to pick him up? If not for his play, for the publicity and ticket sales? You think Kraft wouldn't force Belichick to pay him more if Brady demanded it?

It's possible other teams would have offered Brady more money, that's true for several elite quarterbacks though. That doesn't result in him being paid less than other top players at the position though.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread is just getting weird. Somehow an absolutely RIDICULOUS premise (that somehow having a top 5 QB might be a bad thing) has devolved into a thread about Brady maybe, or maybe not, taking less money and how maybe, or maybe not, other players should do that same.

It's just kinda silly. Would it be awesome if Rodgers would play for the vet minimum? For fans, heck yeah! For Rodgers, not really. Is Rodgers better than the vast majority of current and past QBs on the NFL? Yeah! I mean, the rest is just arguing because we're bored with the lack of REAL football happening.

Members online

Latest posts