Cook....Starks

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE Jared Cook and RB James Starks present for 1st time since getting hurt. Cook ran some half-speed routes w/trainers and both jumped rope.

H

HardRightEdge

Good sign. It'd be really nice to have Cook back.
And contrary to consensus opinion, having a reasonably healthy Starks back could be a good add.

He looked like a guy who was not himself before he was sidelined. Surgery to repair a torn meniscus? Guys try to play with that all the time, some successfully, some not. It wouldn't surprise me if that was an issue from the start of the season with action taken once it was shown he could not be productive.

As with Adams last season playing hurt, I wouldn't be inclined to jump to conclusions.

That's not to say Starks isn't always one knee injury away from forced retirement. He's suffered more knee sprains than I can recall. But I would not count him out just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry was the king of unsuccessfully playing through injuries. Harrell was the queen of not playing through injuries.

Reaction score
When our RBs went down I think the TE position became even more important. We not only need Jared to get back but we need him to contribute 50+ Yards

H

HardRightEdge

Perry was the king of unsuccessfully playing through injuries. Harrell was the queen of not playing through injuries.
And how about all the guys who did play through injuries, many not even appearing on the injury reports?

Rodgers had knee surgery after the season. You didn't know about that until after the fact. How about Woodson who didn't even practice for the better part of 2 years with turf toe? Or Tramon Williams who said his shoulder was fine and he was suffering no nerve damage when you could tell he wasn't right when they took him off press coverage. A year later he admitted it was a problem. Or Bulaga playing an entire season with a torn meniscus when the options on the bench are the same guys nobody wants to see on the field? Nelson is clearly not right, but he's playing. Matthews' snaps are curtailed because of the hamstring, but he's playing.

It's a cliche, but mostly true: nobody's 100% at this point in the season. Some were never 100% to start with. If you take everybody off the field who is not able to perform up to their full potential because of injury, you won't be able to find 45 bodies for the game day roster without throwing them all onto IR and bringing up the practice squad.

D

Deleted member 6794

TE Jared Cook and RB James Starks present for 1st time since getting hurt. Cook ran some half-speed routes w/trainers and both jumped rope.

Cook and Starks were listed as did not practice on Thursday's injury report, therefore it's virtually a given neither will play on Sunday.

H

HardRightEdge

Starks had knee surgery on 10/16. However minor, it would be a little much to expect a RB to play 2 weeks after the fact. Couple more weeks I'd guess.

Cooks is 5 weeks into recovery from a high ankle sprain. For us civilians, that's probably 6 - 8 weeks to get to walking around stability without pain. While an NFL player has access to daily monitoring and a physical therapy program, he also has to get well past walking around recovery. The fact he's just now doing a little light work after 5 weeks, you'd reckon there's at least a couple more weeks to go.

After Atlanta, there's the struggling Colts at home then the up and down Titans on the road. The following game against Washington is when you'd really like to see these guys back entering the stretch run.

3 of the final 4 games are against Seattle, Detroit and Minnesota, which will likely make or break the season. That's the point where you'd really like to have all hands on deck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts