Congratulations Cedric Benson!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A bona fide running back who knows HOW to run! Thanks for coming here.

Starks, you'll have to work your tail off.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Signing Benson reminds me a lot of the Derrick Holmes signing in terms of potential impact.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have to see more of what happens with our line before I'm ready to claim that the pack has a bonafide running game.

We're not going to be a running team, but we have a runner who commands respect. Watch our passing game open up more than ever now.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People people people, it may be annoying to say this considering how much a lot of us love power football, but the most important thing our backs have to do is read and pick up blitzes. We have perhaps the best passing offense ever and we need to keep Rodgers upright. If Benson goes out there and misreads a few and wiffs on a few others, he'll be done as a starter and we'll have Kuhn back there blocking and catching the occasional screen.

W

wxman2003

I admit I was wrong. Benson is a better choice than Grant. Now if that O/L could actually sustain the pocket a little longer, A/R would not have to run for his life.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with what others are saying. His running tonight was wonderful, but if he can't pass protect, it's all a moot point.

And regarding Starks: while he's really got to prove something in these next couple weeks to prove his worth to the team, I wouldn't say that he's a definite cut as of now. He can still contribute.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People people people, it may be annoying to say this considering how much a lot of us love power football, but the most important thing our backs have to do is read and pick up blitzes. We have perhaps the best passing offense ever and we need to keep Rodgers upright. If Benson goes out there and misreads a few and wiffs on a few others, he'll be done as a starter and we'll have Kuhn back there blocking and catching the occasional screen.

He also needs to be able to pick up consistent yardage when called upon to do so. If he can't, then play action is worthless. He also needs to be able to run to chew up the clock when we want to. We didn't sign Benson just to pick up blitzes. Starks is already pretty darn good at that. Green is capable in that regard as well.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very surprised to see how quick Benson looks. He actually looks quicker to me than when he was a rookie. I guess you can maybe attribute that seeing him with my Bear goggles at the time.

Those worrying about his blitz pick up ability, that was always considered one of his strengths. Starks lacks in that area. Starks also has a turf toe, which can take a year to fully overcome. I think Starks is cut.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
After 6 carries we have a running game?
I have to see more of what happens with our line before I'm ready to claim that the pack has a bonafide running game.

Was just about to say almost same thing..

Can't say with 100% certainty running game is fixed

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Starks is cut.

I heard that Green is going to be the man..He is on a snap count to work his way back up..

And with Benson added Starks could be odd man out..

But with how could he performed during the SB run you think they really could cut him?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts