1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Coming in from NYC

Discussion in 'The Green Bay Life' started by Jim Finn, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Jim Finn

Jim Finn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone! I am coming into Green Bay for my first game all the way from the streets of Manhattan. So I have heard that we must come with seat cushions and cardboard for under our feet. Is there anything else? What are some typical rookie mistakes?

Also, I will be spending Saturday in and around Green Bay. Any suggestions on what to see and where to eat?

Thanks so much!

Jim

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    I really like the union hotel in DePere. Its where Lombardi went after games for a steak and a drink. It hasnt changed much since Vince last stepped in the doors.

Hit up the bars around Lambeau but really other than that not a whole lot going on in GB.

3. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Most important, bring your green and gold pom pom's. ;)

4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,023
    Plan on just renting the seat cushions at the stadium. Less security hassle. Toe warmers, hand warmers, um... I think there are quite a few posts on this already.

5. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah, get your hand and toe warmers. You can find them anywhere (Shopko, Fleet Farm...). The last Packers/Giants game I was at (Dec 26, 2010) it was so cold our blanket froze to the seat.

Have fun! I was in NYC twice last year and we saw Lombardi during the first visit. It surprised me how many Giants fans were in the theatre.