1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Coming in from NYC

Discussion in 'The Green Bay Life' started by Jim Finn, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Jim Finn

Jim Finn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone! I am coming into Green Bay for my first game all the way from the streets of Manhattan. So I have heard that we must come with seat cushions and cardboard for under our feet. Is there anything else? What are some typical rookie mistakes?

Also, I will be spending Saturday in and around Green Bay. Any suggestions on what to see and where to eat?

Thanks so much!

Jim

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,041
    I really like the union hotel in DePere. Its where Lombardi went after games for a steak and a drink. It hasnt changed much since Vince last stepped in the doors.

Hit up the bars around Lambeau but really other than that not a whole lot going on in GB.

3. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Most important, bring your green and gold pom pom's. ;)

4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Plan on just renting the seat cushions at the stadium. Less security hassle. Toe warmers, hand warmers, um... I think there are quite a few posts on this already.

5. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah, get your hand and toe warmers. You can find them anywhere (Shopko, Fleet Farm...). The last Packers/Giants game I was at (Dec 26, 2010) it was so cold our blanket froze to the seat.

Have fun! I was in NYC twice last year and we saw Lombardi during the first visit. It surprised me how many Giants fans were in the theatre.