Clay Matthews at MMAthletics

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if you all already saw this, but this video is awesome. No wonder CM3 is such a beast on the field.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2SrEi04HkM]YouTube - MMAthletics: Not Satisfied[/ame]

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
DAAAAAANG!!! Yah no wonder! I'm so glad we have in on our team!!! :bb:

Docker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I write on the web and have some friends over there. I'm in California, USA West coast. A friend over there found an NFL Europe forum for me.

Docker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She's from Manchester. I have quite a few people over there I talk to actually.
I've never met an NFL fan from over there though.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Not a totally new concept. Randy White was training in Martial Arts here in Dallas in the 70-80s and he said it made a big difference for him in the game. All about leverage. Learning to use leverage against an opponent. The Dallas Cowboys under Landry brought in Master Chai and Bill Sosa to help train their players.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a great idea. Gonna go all Kung Fu Clay on Favre!!!! I have practiced various hybrids of martial arts and currently do yoga. It teaches you to find your center, center of gravity and balance. It also teaches you tremendous mental focus. It teaches you discipline, many forms have meditation exercises they use along with training. It straightens your core as well. You learn to find your opponents center of gravity and use it to knock them off balance. These are valuable skills to anybody.

I used martial arts for hockey training if you can imagine such a thing. This makes me want spar again, although sparring Clay would be not be a good idea!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he's got the stealth, instinct, speed, he's huge and as agile as a cat. Love the way he sneaks up on the QB from behind (the Kolb sack) and takes him out. Stealth. Ninja Clay attacks from behind!!! I feel this!

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ability to change levels that can be adapted from learning wrestling/mma is amazing for a sport like football. Learning to use your hips and adjust like you would in order to do a wrestling takedown works wonders for a football players tackling. That would be why my wrestling coach recruited players from the football team and vice versa.

I never played football competitively, but I was a very good and competitive wrestler. In the last few years when I started playing games of tackle football against ex highschool players, I noticed that the ability I had from wrestling translated excellently to football. On offense, when running the ball I had a natural ability (from wrestling) to lower my level and get lower than any other player and thus run right through them and break tackles. On D, the takedown ability I had from wrestling translated great into changing levels and driving in for tackles.

I'm not expert on football technique, but from my tiny bit of experience, the wrestling training can really help. Just look at Brock Lesnar. Never played football at any kind of a high level, just wrestled forever. He almost walked on to the Vikings.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have loved to have seen what Grant could do this season with his off-season MMA training. Hopefully he does the MMA workout next season, because that guy could be a real beast!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts