1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chilly Fired, Is Brett's Retirement Imminent?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by maxlives, Nov 22, 2010.

1. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
  2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    They are calling for the other shoe to drop....I'll call it now.. BF is going to retire (again) before they decide to bench him and start TJ!!! Just you watch!

3. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    This could get really ugly for him in Minny. What's really funny is he was treated with great respect during his wishy-washiness here in GB. He had total control over his decision, and opted to call it quits. In Minny it could very well turn into a forced retirement.

4. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    So funny how Favre has now created a worse situation than the one he thought was so bad for him here in GB.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Yes, but he's many millions of dollars richer, I'd have done it personally. Then again I've not made the millions he has in advance, but I could use the dough.

6. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Brett's final act helped the Packers more than they could think. Honestly after yesterday and hearing how many people felt sorry for Brett, I think its time for him to go, just disappear in the distance.

7. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Well Frazier's first press conference, he says Brett will start.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    No way Favre walks out on his team.

Not because he doesn't want to, because he does. But it would tarnish the "warrior" title.

9. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    and his Iron man streak

10. Big Dan

Big Dan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    I was looking over the blogs on the Minneapolis Star Tribune, and someone posted that they have a brother that works at the complex where Favre has his townhouse, and that Favre has given notice that he was moving out. I have no idea if it's true or not, and it got pulled pretty quickly, but still... how utterly delicious would that be?

I've said since the season started that if his streak were broken he'd quit and go home. Maybe he'll do it anyways.

11. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Oh he'll be back,...I thought for sure the new coach would see its fruitless to keep as the starter, but
    that said....

I wanna see more Favre Flings!!! (not from him, but from opposing teams!)

• Like Like x 2
  12. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    The honorable thing for him to do is leave now and let that team begin to rebuild. But Brett will only do the honorable thing if it serves his personal goals and he isn't going anywhere until he hits that 300 mark. After all, there is no TEAM in ME.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    So........

Brett got Rhodes fired?

Sherman

Mangini

And now Childress

Is that a way of looking at it?

14. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Agreed, Max. If he stays and is still there next year that would prevent the Vikings from possibly getting a new, young QB. His being there eats up money, and is a waste of a roster spot if you want to be harsh. I very much doubt the Vikings will resign him for next year, Favre himself has indicated he will retire, but you really can't believe Favre. I think now he if finally realizing he is a ghost of his former self, a mere shadow of once glory. I hope he would be decent and retire now to give them a chance to see what they can do with Travaris (sp?), the Vikings need to see what they got before they start thinking of shopping for a new QB. Now is the perfect time to do it, the season is mostly gone, the time to start rebuilding is now.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Big Dan

Big Dan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    LT, Wow. I hadn't even thought of it like that. I don't think any player in any sport has ever gotten that many coaches axed.

Kitten, those are good points but if he bails now it will put an end to the NFL's investigation into the croc shots and possibly save him an ***-load of embarrassment.

16. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    Favre still wants more glory, and he knows he can get that simply by starting 300. Then he'll have ESPN and all the media talking about him instead of the playoff race. Who knows, he might come back with another team next year. I doubt the Vikings are stupid enough to take him back, but some team with no QB like Carolina could take him, if in August he starts begging for another chance to play.

17. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    As I've said before, you can criticize Favre for a whole lot of stuff, but he's never quit. That's one thing you can say about him that's positive, he never quit.

And for that reason alone, I see him finishing out their season. Or at least playing good soldier if they give Tarvaris a chance.

18. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483

Well said

19. +RAY+

+RAY+ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    I dont see Zygi even OFFERING Brett a new contract after this year. I think The Viqueens, and most of their fans that ive talked to, seem to be looking forward to the day he retires.. the sooner the better.

20. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    No matter to us anymore, we're done with that guy. Maybe the new coach will light a fire under those guys and get them to play well enough to beat the Bears Dec 20th and help us out a little.