Chilly Fired, Is Brett's Retirement Imminent?

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
They are calling for the other shoe to drop....I'll call it now.. BF is going to retire (again) before they decide to bench him and start TJ!!! Just you watch!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could get really ugly for him in Minny. What's really funny is he was treated with great respect during his wishy-washiness here in GB. He had total control over his decision, and opted to call it quits. In Minny it could very well turn into a forced retirement.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Yes, but he's many millions of dollars richer, I'd have done it personally. Then again I've not made the millions he has in advance, but I could use the dough.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Brett's final act helped the Packers more than they could think. Honestly after yesterday and hearing how many people felt sorry for Brett, I think its time for him to go, just disappear in the distance.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking over the blogs on the Minneapolis Star Tribune, and someone posted that they have a brother that works at the complex where Favre has his townhouse, and that Favre has given notice that he was moving out. I have no idea if it's true or not, and it got pulled pretty quickly, but still... how utterly delicious would that be?

I've said since the season started that if his streak were broken he'd quit and go home. Maybe he'll do it anyways.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Oh he'll be back,...I thought for sure the new coach would see its fruitless to keep as the starter, but
that said....

I wanna see more Favre Flings!!! (not from him, but from opposing teams!)

OP
OP
maxlives

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The honorable thing for him to do is leave now and let that team begin to rebuild. But Brett will only do the honorable thing if it serves his personal goals and he isn't going anywhere until he hits that 300 mark. After all, there is no TEAM in ME.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So........

Brett got Rhodes fired?

Sherman

Mangini

And now Childress

Is that a way of looking at it?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, Max. If he stays and is still there next year that would prevent the Vikings from possibly getting a new, young QB. His being there eats up money, and is a waste of a roster spot if you want to be harsh. I very much doubt the Vikings will resign him for next year, Favre himself has indicated he will retire, but you really can't believe Favre. I think now he if finally realizing he is a ghost of his former self, a mere shadow of once glory. I hope he would be decent and retire now to give them a chance to see what they can do with Travaris (sp?), the Vikings need to see what they got before they start thinking of shopping for a new QB. Now is the perfect time to do it, the season is mostly gone, the time to start rebuilding is now.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LT, Wow. I hadn't even thought of it like that. I don't think any player in any sport has ever gotten that many coaches axed.

Kitten, those are good points but if he bails now it will put an end to the NFL's investigation into the croc shots and possibly save him an ***-load of embarrassment.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre still wants more glory, and he knows he can get that simply by starting 300. Then he'll have ESPN and all the media talking about him instead of the playoff race. Who knows, he might come back with another team next year. I doubt the Vikings are stupid enough to take him back, but some team with no QB like Carolina could take him, if in August he starts begging for another chance to play.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
As I've said before, you can criticize Favre for a whole lot of stuff, but he's never quit. That's one thing you can say about him that's positive, he never quit.

And for that reason alone, I see him finishing out their season. Or at least playing good soldier if they give Tarvaris a chance.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As I've said before, you can criticize Favre for a whole lot of stuff, but he's never quit. That's one thing you can say about him that's positive, he never quit.

And for that reason alone, I see him finishing out their season. Or at least playing good soldier if they give Tarvaris a chance.

Well said

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see Zygi even OFFERING Brett a new contract after this year. I think The Viqueens, and most of their fans that ive talked to, seem to be looking forward to the day he retires.. the sooner the better.

OP
OP
maxlives

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter to us anymore, we're done with that guy. Maybe the new coach will light a fire under those guys and get them to play well enough to beat the Bears Dec 20th and help us out a little.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts