1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs To Interview Packers OC Philban For HC Job?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by greenandgold, Jan 4, 2012.

1. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Kansas City's search for a new head coach has begun, with the Chiefs scheduled to interview Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin on Wednesday, according to a league source.

Oh Noes!

2. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard the Dolphins will interview him also.

3. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    This is the problem when you have a successful team.

4. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    So we are going to lose our offensive coordinator and our QB coach both to head coaching jobs? lol

5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    Can't they all wait till after the post season?
    Isn't there some unfinished business that needs to get taken care of first?

• Like Like x 1
  6. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I think they're doing it as a distraction, so the candidates can't focus on the Packers game strategy. Evil B*stards!!!

7. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,974
    And our Director of player personnel, McKenzie is being interviewed in Oakland. If he gets the job, Eliot Wolf will probably go with him. It looks like the vultures are gonna pick the flesh off of the Packers staff bones. I also don't like that all this can go on before the play offs. It has to be a distraction.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Also McKenzie interviews with the Raiders.

9. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,974
    A day late and a dollar short Dan? Look at the post above yours. ;)

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    Also, isn't one of the Packers coaches going to Penn State to fill in Joe Paterno's shoes?

And during the Rose Bowl, they showed the OC and claim he is going to head coach in ArmPittsburg. (College, we think.)

Is this setting some kind of record of most coaches from Wisconsin going to other jobs?
    I dunno why anyone would leave a championship team to go coach either a worse team or a team based in worse locations.
    It's like moving up and down in a career at the same time.

11. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    They all need to hold the freak off here.

Wait and be patient. There are job openings up in a team with the first pick in the draft which is a delicious carrot to dangle. ;) But, I swear I did hear the Colts have interest in a few guys on the Packers but will wait until the Packers finish the playoffs. Classy Colts as always.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,974
    Just think about some of the Packers assistants who became head coaches after Holmgren's Super Bowls; Gruden, Reid, Mariucci, Sherman, Morninwheg, Jauron, Shurmur, Zorn, and Rhoads.

13. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    BTW I am not sure it is a distraction. This stuff happens. I remember when the Pats won their third SB over the Eagles it was a known fact they were losing Weiss/Crennel and Mangini.

14. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Kansas City would be best keeping Crennel as their head coach and not going after another guy.

That entire team is a mess.
    Matt Cassell is one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the league to barely complete 50% of his passes and lose a bunch of games, and their only good WR (Bowe) don't jump high enough to knock a ball down when he knows it's about to be intercepted (Watch the last play of the Pittsburgh game) Crennel had their defense playing much better after they fired Tod Haley, the Chiefs defense isn't all that bad in times, it's the predictable, inconsistency of the offense. Their biggest problem entering the season was letting offensive coordinator Charlie Wiess go. They didn't even try to find a suitable replacement.

15. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL your too fast for me.

16. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I see Philban has two interviews scheduled for this week.

17. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

Mangini, that's another dud from the Belichek tree, just like Josh McDaniels. The media just drools over anyone that comes from Belichek but they end up sucking, and now Mangini is on ESPN like he's some mega genius commenting how bad some teams are lol.

18. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    Don't bash ESPN! Trent dilfer is on there as a qb analyst and he was the best qb ever! Just look at his super bowl stats.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    You guys might find this interestesting, from twitter:

I guess Dorsey is not interested in the Colts trainwreck?

And it's not just the Packers for playoff teams:
    I am getting more and more confused. Is Peyton Manning being left out in the cold soon? Or is this just rumors. I don't know. I might be wrong but it is starting to sound to me like this team is starting over from top to bottom and building around Andrew Luck?

Colts firings: Both Polian's. The defensive coach. The special teams coach. Caldwell might be dead man walking. Mathis/Wayne/Saturday and several others are FAs.

20. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,974
    Thankfully one of the Pack staff has decided to stay in GB. I also read that the Philbin interview in KC may have been just a charade to pick his brain about Matt Flynn. It appears the Chiefs are interested in a new QB and Flynn could be the guy. But they aren't allowed to talk to Flynn until after the season. So they bring in Philbin under the guise of a head coaching interview.

21. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

Christ, the Colts have more problems besides what's on the field. I've had this odd feeling all year that if they drafted Luck, Manning is going to want to leave.

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    If Flynn is that good (I believe so) you want Philbin to take a GM job with a team looking for a QB. It will make the trade alot easier for Ted. Boom we get a top 10 pick for Flynn and our pick.

23. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Didn't KC sign Cassel to a long term deal? I'm not sure, but I think they locked him up for a while, right?

24. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

Yes they did, and it put him in the list of highest paid quarterbacks in the legaue, which for him it stands for OVER PAID when his completion % rate is so low.

25. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,974
    • Like Like x 1