1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Changing of the guards:

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    The Packers might be pursuing Philadelphia Eagles guard Jermaine Mayberry as a possible replacement for Rivera or Wahle.

Mayberry made the Pro Bowl in 2002 and started at right guard for the Eagles last season. He is not expected to return to Philadelphia, and, according to his agent, Jack Bechta, Mayberry is being pursued by the Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints as well as the Packers.

2. Rhino58

Rhino58 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How's his injuries now, though? It would suck to get him and he'd be full of injuries all season.

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Not sure where Ted's head is on something along these lines.....

I would think they'd try and find someone more near Mike Wahle's age, as opposed to someone almost Rivera's age... Did you guys notice that Carolina is keeping Wahle in the same position he played in at Green Bay, but it's mentioned that the situation is only for now... and they might place him elsewhere on the line pending....

Go back and look at the picks he made for Seattle - how old were most of those guys....?
    That's where Thompson will drive the Packers.. along those same roads.

I haven't looked yet - but isn't there anyone else about 4-5 years younger than this guy? Truth is, he wouldn't need to have played that same position - just anywhere in the middle - even if they used to play Center, the guy could be moved over.. Personally, I think Scott Wells will have a breakout year with the Pack! As always - pending Injuries... but just the same I think he will.....!

4. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe he is a stop gap. They will probaly get a guy in the draft,at the lower end.They did that with some of the others before,if I remenber right.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    The OL is the least of my concerns for the Packers.