Changes Need To Happen

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This organization needs a shift change in philosophy. Nonetheless, who should be gone ( Including front office personel, players)? Who will?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Capers should be replaced, but it's hard to do that this late in the process with so many staffs already set. It would seem like Winston Moss would be the best option to replace him. I'd be fine with that.

OP
OP
P

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers should be replaced, but it's hard to do that this late in the process with so many staffs already set. It would seem like Winston Moss would be the best option to replace him. I'd be fine with that.

I use to think replacing Capers would solve alot. I don't think it will though. The players on D aren't good enough.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I use to think replacing Capers would solve alot. I don't think it will though. The players on D aren't good enough.

I think both things are true. Their personnel isn't good enough but I also think that Capers makes bad decisions. He's slow to adjust when things aren't working.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much kudos that TT gets at draft time, he is ALWAYS behind the timeline when choosing his picks. Taking too long to draft safeties a few years back and obviously MLB has still not been addressed. We skipped on multiple MLB's over the past two years. The overall speed of the defense is below average and needs to be addressed.

OP
OP
P

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much kudos that TT gets at draft time, he is ALWAYS behind the timeline when choosing his picks. Taking too long to draft safeties a few years back and obviously MLB has still not been addressed. We skipped on multiple MLB's over the past two years. The overall speed of the defense is below average and needs to be addressed.

Thing is everyone knows this. It's been a consistent issue. It's who TT is. Where is Mark Murphy? I realize he doesn't like to meddle. Now he has to step up and do what's right for the organization.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is everyone knows this. It's been a consistent issue. It's who TT is. Where is Mark Murphy? I realize he doesn't like to meddle. Now he has to step up and do what's right for the organization.
Murphy is nothing more than a spineless yes man to Teddy and absolutely nothing will change.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game guys, wish you all the best of luck. Get healthy and we will see y'all for a rematch next yr!

OP
OP
P

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe falling flat the rest of the regular season would've been beneficial. What's the difference between getting your doors blown off in a NFCCG or getting beat down in the regular season? No SB either way. I truly hope that win streak doesn't fool people like Murphy into thinking the team is anything more than Rodgers.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is 3 of your top 5 highest paid players are basically useless. Shields, Mathews and Peppers.

Luckily shields will be cut. Peppers won't be back and Mathews either has to restructure his contract, traded or will be gone after next year.

But also a change of culture with getting rid of Capers should be done. This has been long overdue

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not defending Dom for his overall body of work nor am I even saying he should keep his job since I'd probably get accused of those.

Dom tried just about everything. He played tight man, he blitzed, he didn't blitz, he played zone.

You can watch just the first Falcon drive for a good, quick example.

None of it worked because the execution was awful.

For anyone blaming Dom for this game.

1) What plays were bad a what should he have called instead?

2) What should he have done to stop the Falcons?

There really isn't much Dom could have done today with how the players played.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is 3 of your top 5 highest paid players are basically useless. Shields, Mathews and Peppers.

Luckily shields will be cut. Peppers won't be back and Mathews either has to restructure his contract, traded or will be gone after next year.

But also a change of culture with getting rid of Capers should be done. This has been long overdue

Not sure how it's lucky a number one corner got a concussion and has to be cut.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointed with the effort put out today. You are playing for a chance to go to the freaking Superbowl. Maybe now the organization will listen and make some significant changes.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Not defending Dom for his overall body of work nor am I even saying he should keep his job since I'd probably get accused of those.

Dom tried just about everything. He played tight man, he blitzed, he didn't blitz, he played zone.

Today, the biggest criticism I would have is that ATL was absolutely destroying the blitz with huge plays and he kept calling them. When he stopped bringing extra guys, they weren't as susceptible to the huge play. But to your greater point, I agree. Today isn't about Dom. However on the balance of the season, I would say he is one change that ought to be made.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

...agreed ... and unless Capers is a real live faith healer ... Even he was screwed today.