Announcement Change is coming...

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has been a long off season and I have been focusing on a number of projects outside the word of community forums. But it is time to gear up for the football season and that means give some much needed attention to the community sites.

First and for most, we are going to be upgrading to XenForo 1.2 when it is ready. Most of you shouldn't notice any changes visually, but there will be a number of enhancements behind the scenes and a few more functions available to all our forum members.

The biggest change is something that I have been thinking of doing for a long time; modifying the home page. I tried to make this site a Packers News site, but maintaining a team of writers is just not in the cards. So my plan is to move the forum list page and make that the new home page of the site. This will allow the site to focus on what it does best, provide a place for Packer fans to chat about Packers, period. No more random fluff, just forums and chat. I want to get some feedback before that becomes final, but this is the plan as of right now.

Finally, we are looking into getting a new theme all together. This theme has worked for the most part, but it is time to think about a redesign and see if there is something better out there. This will probably come after the 1.2 upgrade and the homepage change. (baby steps)

So, that is the plan for June and July to get us ready for the season. Let me know if you guys have an comments or concerns about what we are planning on doing...

Thanks.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the idea of changing up the homepage. No disrespect to how its done now but seeing the same 6 articles up there every time I come to the site is kind of a waste of a front page when we really could be diving into the meat and potatoes of the forum from the get go.

All in all looking forward to a new forum and a new season GO PACK GO

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a homepage? My shortcuts take me directly to the forums.
Maybe do something about newsbot. Can't discuss anything there since it is quickly buried to page 10, especially on a busy news day. Most any important Packer event is under discussion b4 it shows up in the news anyway.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe do something about newsbot. Can't discuss anything there since it is quickly buried to page 10, especially on a busy news day. Most any important Packer event is under discussion b4 it shows up in the news anyway.

Are you talking about the what's new page? The news bot articles should not show up in that page. The only way you get the news bots threads is if you go to the packers news forum which imports news feed from outside sources.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am doing a quick test to remove the "portal" type homepage and try just using the forum homepage. Let me know if you guys run into any issues or have some comments/suggestions about this change.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
A couple of times in the last few days when I click on my bookmark, all I get is gobbledygook. (Being a Vikings fan I am used to it.) I have to click on the favorite a few times before the front page loads. Don't know if it's associated with what you are doing or not. Just thought you should know.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
This is one of the messages I got. That is all that showed up the first time. Maybe I need to update my bookmark.

gal Stuff packerforum.com is an independent fan site and not associated with the Green Bay Packers or the NFL(National Football League). All content within this Packers fan page is provided by, and for, Packer fans. Copyright ©packerforum.com. Images displayed on this site that are not the sole property of packerforum.com are Copyright of their respective owners (Green Bay Packers, NFL or other). packerforum.com is not responsible for the content of it's members posts. Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2013 XenForo Ltd. XenPorta & XenUtils © Jason Axelrod from 8WayRun.Com Part of the USA Today Sports Media Group.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
apparently my post was at the very moment the site was updating...

Anyhoo's.. I was trying to say...that I liked when our avatars said when we were online,...but that it might of
only been on Tapatalk.
Its kind of nice to see via avatar if someone is online or not... in case you want to shoot someone a PM... but it's not that big of a deal to go to the main page to see who is online I guess!

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently my post was at the very moment the site was updating...

Anyhoo's.. I was trying to say...that I liked when our avatars said when we were online,...but that it might of
only been on Tapatalk.
Its kind of nice to see via avatar if someone is online or not... in case you want to shoot someone a PM... but it's not that big of a deal to go to the main page to see who is online I guess!

Are you talking about an online/offline status icon next to everyone's icon in a thread?

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of the messages I got. That is all that showed up the first time. Maybe I need to update my bookmark.

gal Stuff packerforum.com is an independent fan site and not associated with the Green Bay Packers or the NFL(National Football League). All content within this Packers fan page is provided by, and for, Packer fans. Copyright ©packerforum.com. Images displayed on this site that are not the sole property of packerforum.com are Copyright of their respective owners (Green Bay Packers, NFL or other). packerforum.com is not responsible for the content of it's members posts. Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2013 XenForo Ltd. XenPorta & XenUtils © Jason Axelrod from 8WayRun.Com Part of the USA Today Sports Media Group.

Is this the text that shows up when you attempt to bookmark the new home page?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Is this the text that shows up when you attempt to bookmark the new home page?
That's what it said when I tried to get here from my bookmark/favorite. I made a new bookmark/favorite and deleted the old one have not had a problem since. So doing the new bookmark/favorite apparently did the trick. If it does with the new one I will let you know.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Are you talking about an online/offline status icon next to everyone's icon in a thread?

Yep! Thats what it show's on tapatalk...you can see right off who's online,..and I can't remember if we used to have that option and it went away, or if was just a tapatalk thing...

uughhh talk about leaky vessel! I'm just throwing it out there! Everything else seems to run smooth!

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep! Thats what it show's on tapatalk...you can see right off who's online,..and I can't remember if we used to have that option and it went away, or if was just a tapatalk thing...

uughhh talk about leaky vessel! I'm just throwing it out there! Everything else seems to run smooth!

Online status is now displayed for users who are online. ;)

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
OOOOOOh!!!!! I can't believe it!!! I've been watching for it!

Thank you!!:tup:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Just noticed the added feature of "members online recently"!!!!
It freaked me out for a second, thinking everyone was online presently and something big was going down!!!
:eek:

ok...OBVIOUSLY your dinking around with things because now its gone! lol!!!

People are going to think i've had teemanymartoonies!!! :confused:

Last edited:
OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am just playing around with more stuff. Didn't like it so took it down real quick. :) Can't get anything by you! :p

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I am just playing around with more stuff. Didn't like it so took it down real quick. :) Can't get anything by you! :p

Well I switched to water just in case! ; ) ..... seriously..I must of just noticed it as you were testing it!
Can't express the split second panic of..."what the hellllll is going on...everyone is logged on!"

Lol...didn't mean to stress you!..... now about my negative.........LOL!
Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding News Bot:
Under "All Other Team Discussions" would you consider giving N B his own section as you did for Packers FF?
Let NB have his space and the fans can bring up topics that won't get lost among the tons of N B headlines?
And why does Packers news show up in AOTD instead of the Packers.com news section?
Isn't there a way to combine ALL Packers news from multiple sources in the same place?

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding News Bot:
Under "All Other Team Discussions" would you consider giving N B his own section as you did for Packers FF?
Let NB have his space and the fans can bring up topics that won't get lost among the tons of N B headlines?
And why does Packers news show up in AOTD instead of the Packers.com news section?
Isn't there a way to combine ALL Packers news from multiple sources in the same place?

Do people like posting in the news forums? Really the news forum was supposed to be for the news bot, but maybe that has changed over time. I will give that some thought and see what I can come up with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts