Change has been bad...lack of focus

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One reporter pointed out that last preseason the Packers had a horrible final game against Tennessee then proceeded to play perhaps their best game of the year against Carolina in the season opener.(They also played a disaster of a game against Tennessee later).

But...

The most troubling aspect is the sloppiness. By this time in the pre-season you look for continuity. The moronic penalties were too much to handle. Penalties are...as Bill Maas pointed out...caused from the neck up.
I think all the uncertainty...beginning with the Walker/Jackson crap...to the loss of Wahle and Rivera...to the new defense and the changes on special teams really has led to a poor performance.

I'm equally concerned about the offensive and defensive lines. When Chad Clifton and Mike Flanagan get embarrassed it's going to get Brett Favre hurt.

Even with Grady and Hunt in there, the Titans offensive line just ripped holes in the line.

I have downgraded the season to 8-8 and the Packers out of the playoffs.
Too many changes will cause losses early when the Packers have the best chance to win. The middle part of the schedule is brutal.

Sorry..8-8.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net?? You've thrown in the towel before the season even starts??? We can see that the talent on this team has improved, but just needs to gel together. Young players are stepping up and are hungry!

This was the first week of real practice for Grady and Hunt, of course there's going to be rust. The offensive line needs to come together, but they need the time to gel as a starting unit.

The penalties and mistakes have been aweful! These need to be fixed quickly because it is the fastest way to lose games.

I will never be ready to throw the towel in on this team though. When we started the season 1-4 last year, I still predicted we'd finish 12-4. It turned out I wasn't far off since we finished 10-6. I know this is a good team and I can't wait to see them prove the critics wrong!!

GO PACK GO!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion that Wells makes the lineup as a starter at guard. He reminds me of Frankie Winters.....a tenacious roughneck who plays to the whistle and just gets to job done...maybe not pretty, but effective.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that Wells makes the lineup as a starter at guard. He reminds me of Frankie Winters.....a tenacious roughneck who plays to the whistle and just gets to job done...maybe not pretty, but effective.

I don't see Klemm starting in Detroit...just awful last night, and didn't exactly impress the rest of the preseason.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Reugy in for Wittacker.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
One reporter pointed out that last preseason the Packers had a horrible final game against Tennessee then proceeded to play perhaps their best game of the year against Carolina in the season opener.(They also played a disaster of a game against Tennessee later).

But...

The most troubling aspect is the sloppiness. By this time in the pre-season you look for continuity. The moronic penalties were too much to handle. Penalties are...as Bill Maas pointed out...caused from the neck up.
I think all the uncertainty...beginning with the Walker/Jackson crap...to the loss of Wahle and Rivera...to the new defense and the changes on special teams really has led to a poor performance.

I'm equally concerned about the offensive and defensive lines. When Chad Clifton and Mike Flanagan get embarrassed it's going to get Brett Favre hurt.

Even with Grady and Hunt in there, the Titans offensive line just ripped holes in the line.

I have downgraded the season to 8-8 and the Packers out of the playoffs.
Too many changes will cause losses early when the Packers have the best chance to win. The middle part of the schedule is brutal.

Sorry..8-8.

hey net, lots of times, the packers have bad preseasons but have good regular seasons. i always thought the preseason was a barometer for the regular season, but maybe im wrong

Members online

Latest posts