Celtics and NBA Champion Bucks @ 1:30 pm Christmas Day

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
On ABC in Milwaukee - the NBA Christmas Day game is a big deal isn't it? Giannis and Port are off of the Covid protocol ... then, the Pack at Lambeau - 3:30 on National TV. Big sports day in Wisconsin

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Part one of Wisconsin's BIG DAY - mission accomplished. Big comebacks....

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been an interesting NBA season to date. Injuries, Covid problems, and no clear cut team in the East ready to make a run. I think the Bucks still have a great shot at it, but to do it, they need to gain home court advantage throughout the playoffs.

I think it's definitely possible in the East, but I don't know about them being tops in the NBA. The Warriors, Suns, and Jazz, all have some say in where that goes.

But, if the Bucks ever get their entire lineup out there, and get their rotations straightened out, they could be better than they look now.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a great come back..
They've been doing a lot of that this year. If they are down by 15 at halftime, they're still in it. Most teams are ready to hit the showers down that far. It's like they don't think it's necessary to play 60 minutes.

I like adding Cousins. He's a good "cop" in the middle. Without Lopez, we've suffered some. He'll pick up some of that slack.

Nice seeing Our guys getting back on the floor. Too many short handed games already.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As long as the Bucks can go into the playoffs relatively healthy, they stand a good chance to repeat. This is s very deep team and Bud has been using EVERYONE so far. Still need to get Brook Lopez back though. Long season, actually too long for my taste.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as the Bucks can go into the playoffs relatively healthy, they stand a good chance to repeat. This is s very deep team and Bud has been using EVERYONE so far. Still need to get Brook Lopez back though. Long season, actually too long for my taste.
I can't say it upset me when they got Matthews back too. He along with Cousins, and DiVincenzo working on getting in game shape, added to Connaughton, it will give us a really strong bench, like you indicated.

To be honest, I wasn't sold on Bud, but watching how he's nursing this team to mesh this year, and the job he did in the playoffs last year, and I'm convinced he's a pretty good coach.

I think the reason the season seems too long is because of the Covid threat constantly out there. The Bucks, due to injury and Covid, only had 8 guys dress to play this past week for at least one game. With the problems, they still won 3 games in 4 nights, which really astounded me. I would have thought that on Christmas Day their legs would have been nothing but jello, but getting Giannis back seemed to invigorate them.

It's great that they're this exciting to watch.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think the reason the season seems too long is because of the Covid threat constantly out there.
Nahh....I have never liked 82 game seasons or whatever it is. Major league baseball is even worse.

I have gone to a Bucks game when they sit most of the starters, feels like you got screwed on the ticket price. Would be like buying a ticket to a Packer game and you get their and find out they decided it was a preseason game and don't dress the starters.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great weekend continues! Bucks and Packers win. Bucks continue winning. Another win on the 28th. They're beginning to get players back. Now they need to start getting them in top condition for the championship run. They have a shot at it this year. Brooklyn may be top dog at this point, but the Bucks are a contender.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Nets are definitely playing good ball and may get even better once Kyrie Irving starts playing again (on the road). The thing that I hope catches up with the Nets is their age and desire/need to play starters like the Beard (36.5 minutes/game) and Durant (37 minutes/game) too many minutes. The Bucks also have a much deeper bench as the Nets.

The NBA season is a slow jog to the finish line and you don't start sprinting until the playoffs. Bud has been able to pull that off for a few seasons and I think this one won't be much different. If they stay healthy and get Lopez back, I would put them as the favorite to repeat their Championship.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Nets are definitely playing good ball and may get even better once Kyrie Irving starts playing again (on the road). The thing that I hope catches up with the Nets is their age and desire/need to play starters like the Beard (36.5 minutes/game) and Durant (37 minutes/game) too many minutes. The Bucks also have a much deeper bench as the Nets.

The NBA season is a slow jog to the finish line and you don't start sprinting until the playoffs. Bud has been able to pull that off for a few seasons and I think this one won't be much different. If they stay healthy and get Lopez back, I would put them as the favorite to repeat their Championship.
At this point, Irving is still going to be a problem for them. There are rules in various states, and Canada, which could keep him off the floor. This all has to be a rub to Harden and the boys. At this point, I don't see him budging. They may be playing from a 2 to 4 seed. The Bucks could be playing from less than the #1 seed as well.

Chicago? They're over their heads.

Members online