Casey Hayward and Micah Hyde to Pro Bowl

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Casey Hayward sent out tweet to congratulate Hyde on his pro bowl selection, tweeting " it is nice to be able to show your TRUE SKILLS for the bills". Capers ties this defense in knots.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniels and Clark didn't perform at a level close to elite this season by any means.

Capers has proven to be capable of fielding elite defenses early during his tenure with the Packers. Peppers, Hayward and Hyde played pretty well while with the team as well.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion but if you watch and listen to the people who break down film they will tell you that Daniels and Clark are two very good interior linemen..check out Ben Fennell on Twitter

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Offensively,the team obviously revolves around the best QB in football and when he goes down the entire team suffers and that’s what happened in GB this year

Not sure if your intent was to give Capers and the defense a pass with this statement, but I hope not. I do not, do not want to hear that excuse coming out of MM or TT's mouth at the end of the year and as a result, see Dom back in the Packers Press Box, unless he is selling Hot Dogs.

The Packers defense hasn't been good with or without Rodgers. Fire Capers!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few years back I thought we were set at secondary, I thought we had one of the best secondaries in the league. Then Ted let Hayward, House, Hyde, and Williams all go, and the result was the debacle we had last year. No pro bowlers, it makes me angry that we have a once in a lifetime opportunity with Aaron Rodgers, and this is what we put on the field behind him. Ted's lost his touch.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a single Packer makes pro bowl but these two guys we let go make it. More proof of the direction of our defense is heading in the wrong direction.
It's also all the proof anyone should need that Capers is the primary problem on defense.

OP
OP
brandon2348

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So then maybe TT does know talent?

TT knows talent. I've always said he is a good evaluator of talent and a great scout. My issue with Thompson is not doing enough from the GM position. He tried a little more this off-season to change that but still fell short.

Capers and defensive coaching staff is for sure problem no.1

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also all the proof anyone should need that Capers is the primary problem on defense.
I agree with that, but it also concerns me that Ted let these guys go, and let Cook go against Rodgers' protests.

I heard something on TV the other day that Ted was up for an extension. I had always assumed he would retire after the draft in 2019. Has anyone heard anything about him being extended? I'm not sure that would be the best move for the team. We've lost personnel from our front office over the years though, maybe that has something to do with Ted's decreasing effectiveness?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with that, but it also concerns me that Ted let these guys go, and let Cook go against Rodgers' protests.

I heard something on TV the other day that Ted was up for an extension. I had always assumed he would retire after the draft in 2019. Has anyone heard anything about him being extended? I'm not sure that would be the best move for the team. We've lost personnel from our front office over the years though, maybe that has something to do with Ted's decreasing effectiveness?

Or maybe when your DC is as bad as DC it's hard to always discern who can play and who can't. There were several people right on this forum who weren't big on Hyde or Hayward either.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if your intent was to give Capers and the defense a pass with this statement, but I hope not. I do not, do not want to hear that excuse coming out of MM or TT's mouth at the end of the year and as a result, see Dom back in the Packers Press Box, unless he is selling Hot Dogs.

The Packers defense hasn't been good with or without Rodgers. Fire Capers!
No..not in any way..I have made my feelings about Capers well known

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
TT knows talent. I've always said he is a good evaluator of talent and a great scout. My issue with Thompson is not doing enough from the GM position. He tried a little more this off-season to change that but still fell short.

Capers and defensive coaching staff is for sure problem no.1
I been a Capers supporter for a while.. Always thought he had the tools to get players in position..

But now it's apparent there is an issue with things he teaches.. He needs to go

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniels and Clark didn't perform at a level close to elite this season by any means.

Capers has proven to be capable of fielding elite defenses early during his tenure with the Packers. Peppers, Hayward and Hyde played pretty well while with the team as well.

Capers has proven that he can field an elite defense in a number of different venues and it always happened early in his tenure. While he's a master of turning bad defenses around in a short time frame his units always turn mediocre after about 3 years in. In Green Bay he was forced to play a simplified variant of his scheme in the first two years and in particular during his second season. He didn't use his complex coverages or rotations, he was forced to play a lot of single high safety throughout the year. Then in year 3 he went to a more two high look and went to his more mature defense, even before Collins was lost his unit looked like crap with almost all of the same players from the previous year.

Hyde and Hayward were solid players for us but neither one was more than a backup/role player. They go elsewhere and play in simpler schemes and you'd think they went from Krypton to Earth.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I been a Capers supporter for a while.. Always thought he had the tools to get players in position..

But now it's apparent there is an issue with things he teaches.. He needs to go
He needs to simply change strategy away from this 2-4-5..... last year....
I'm ready for a change as well.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
2013 Packers defense was 24 in ppg and 25 in yards per game. 2017 21st in ppg and 21 in yards per game, after 15 games.
2013 Vikings defense was 32 in ppg and 31 in yards per game. 2017 1st in ppg and 1st in yards per game, after 15 games.

As a Vikings fan, I hope the Packers keep TT and Capers. But if they want to win, the Packers need to make changes.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both Hyde and Hayward aren't exactly All Pros. They both have their limitations. The Pro Bowl thing can be deceiving.

Safe to say though that those guys have thrived with their new teams and maximized their talents. This is an indictment of our defensive coaching staff, as well as front office evaluation when it comes time to resign. They really didn't even try to keep either one.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its time for Capers and GB to part ways, but not necessarily for ineptitude. The players no longer fit the scheme. The defensive scheme needs to be streamlined and Capers hasn't adjusted. I've been proclaiming this for a while now. Finally, I found an article with a journalist that shares my vision. A 4-3 base defense will drastically improve GB as a overall team.

http://lastwordonprofootball.com/2017/12/22/should-the-green-bay-packers-base-defense-change/

D

Deleted member 6794

I think its time for Capers and GB to part ways, but not necessarily for ineptitude. The players no longer fit the scheme. The defensive scheme needs to be streamlined and Capers hasn't adjusted. I've been proclaiming this for a while now. Finally, I found an article with a journalist that shares my vision. A 4-3 base defense will drastically improve GB as a overall team.

http://lastwordonprofootball.com/2017/12/22/should-the-green-bay-packers-base-defense-change/

I agree that the Packers should part ways with Capers but I'm not necessarily advocating for changing the base scheme as the team would need to add more talent in any case.

Members online

Latest posts