Casey Hayward and Micah Hyde to Pro Bowl

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Not a single Packer makes pro bowl but these two guys we let go make it. More proof of the direction of our defense is heading in the wrong direction.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a single Packer makes pro bowl but these two guys we let go make it. More proof of the direction of our defense is heading in the wrong direction.
Did any Browns make it in?
That will really show just how bad it was for us this year.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think hyde played saftey for us much unless an emergency due to injury. Hayward played slot for us, hes outside and presses wideouts for chargers. We continue mis-cast our players. Coaching is our problem...zero doubt.

OP
OP
brandon2348

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Did any Browns make it in?
That will really show just how bad it was for us this year.

Browns didn't have a pro bowler either. Us and the Bears were only NFC team not to have a pro bowler. Packers were shut out for the first time since 2005.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the only Packer player worth of a pro bowl this year was Blake Martinez. That guy is a stud. I wish more Packers learned from his tackling techniques

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the only Packer player worth of a pro bowl this year was Blake Martinez. That guy is a stud. I wish more Packers learned from his tackling techniques
Bakhtiari is clearly one of the best LTs in the NFL and "should" be here, but the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Who cares.

Shoutout to Hyde and Casey for balling out

OP
OP
brandon2348

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Bakhtiari is clearly one of the best LTs in the NFL and "should" be here, but the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Who cares.

Yep and our defense isn't all that popular. ;)

Unless your playing against us of course.

OP
OP
brandon2348

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Were in the same "popular" company as the Bears, Colts, Browns and Jets. Talk about embarrassing.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NFL.com listed Blake Martinez as a Pro Bowl snub here:

Blake Martinez, LB, Green Bay Packers

Martinez has been all over the field for the Packers, racking up 127 tackles in 14 games. He's hit double digits in tackles in seven games this season as part of a Green Bay defense that had to shoulder an increased load during Rodgers' absence. The unit isn't the best, ranking in the lower third of the league against the run and in total yards allowed per game, but Martinez has made 13 percent of the 959 total tackles recorded by the Packers this season by himself. He's in a three-way tie with Cleveland's Joe Schobert and Washington's Zach Brown for the league lead, which adds to his forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and one interception.

Since we are talking about former Packers, here is Julius Peppers:

Julius Peppers, DE, Carolina Panthers

We'll keep this one brief, because this might be the biggest miss of them all. Julius Peppers is 37 years old. He's only participated in 49 percent of Carolina's defensive snaps this season. And even with those factors working against him, he's tied for 10th in the league (along with two players who were voted to the Pro Bowl) in sacks with 10. Those two who made the Pro Bowl with the same amount of sacks have played at least 312 more plays than Peppers this season (Von Miller has been in 719; Cameron Jordan has been in 790). What Peppers is doing this season is remarkable.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...case-keenum-jordan-howard-lead-pro-bowl-snubs

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Daniels and Kenny Clark both had very solid years and are easily among the best interior linemen in football..Martinez had a solid year but there are a lot of good linebackers in the league..Offensively,the team obviously revolves around the best QB in football and when he goes down the entire team suffers and that’s what happened in GB this year

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Daniels and Kenny Clark both had very solid years and are easily among the best interior linemen in football..Martinez had a solid year but there are a lot of good linebackers in the league..Offensively,the team obviously revolves around the best QB in football and when he goes down the entire team suffers and that’s what happened in GB this year

I like Clark but Daniels talks way too much and isn’t as good as he thinks he is. He’s just the knock off version of Aaron Donald or Suh.

OP
OP
brandon2348

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I like Clark but Daniels talks way too much and isn’t as good as he thinks he is. He’s just the knock off version of Aaron Donald or Suh.

Did you see Aaron Donald against the Seahawks? He dominated and took that game over on the defensive side of things. I've never seen Daniels take a game over like that so not sure he is even a knock off version. That might be too lofty.

Reaction score
between Hayward, Hyde and Peppers we made some really poor, poor choices allowing all these guys to walk. I won’t even compare Jared Cooks’ stats to any TE on our team but let’s just say it’s not even close. Then we bench Richard Rodgers while investing heavy at TE? That’s a poor use of resources. Meanwhile our Defense has gaping holes due to ignoring it in FA and instead we start by picking a Defender in the second round?
I realize some players are gonna excel elsewhere but we’ve become the farm team for the league.
IMO, it’s time to get Sam Shields replacement via FA. We haven’t been the same team since his departure and we desperately need a veteran leader that can hold his own. Imagine the difference of having Randall and King as our # 2 and #3 as they now both have gained valuable experience. Guys like House are good off the bench but he isn’t a starter on half of the leagues Defenses. Let’s grab another formidable pass rusher early in the draft (top 40 player)

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hyde, Hayward, and Peppers being looked at as a snub is further proof that Dom Capers might go down as the worst NFL defensive coordinator in my lifetime. What a worthless POS. I don't want to walk past him at any point because I would be afraid what I would do/say to him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Mike Daniels and Kenny Clark both had very solid years and are easily among the best interior linemen in football..

Daniels and Clark didn't perform at a level close to elite this season by any means.

Hyde, Hayward, and Peppers being looked at as a snub is further proof that Dom Capers might go down as the worst NFL defensive coordinator in my lifetime. What a worthless POS.

Capers has proven to be capable of fielding elite defenses early during his tenure with the Packers. Peppers, Hayward and Hyde played pretty well while with the team as well.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers has proven to be capable of fielding elite defenses early during his tenure with the Packers. Peppers, Hayward and Hyde played pretty well while with the team as well.
Capers also has proven to coach defenses that seriously underperform despite early success with a team. And this is a consistent pattern his entire career.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Top picks for past few drafts shows clearly how much draft capital we've spend.....and we still have a **** defence.

On the other hand, our few offensive skill position picks have all come good (even Lacy has one good season).

Kevin King
Josh Jones
Montravius Adams
Vince Biegel

Kenny Clark
(3 Offensive Linemen)
Dean Lowry

Damarious Randall
Quinten Rollins
Ty Montgomery

2014:
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Davante Adams
Khyri Thornton

2013:
Datone Jones
Eddie Lacy
David Bakhtiari

2012:
Nick Perry
Jerel Worthy
Casey Hayward
Mike Daniels
Jerron McMillian
Terrell Manning

Reaction score
While we need to continue to rebuild our secondary, I’m coming nearer to the proposition of going for an Offensive Player in the first round.

OP
OP
brandon2348

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
While we need to continue to rebuild our secondary, I’m coming nearer to the proposition of going for an Offensive Player in the first round.

Other then RB(which isn't the most important position on Packers) The offense has slowly become depleted with all these high picks used on defense. Throw in the disaster with the Bennett signing and its time to get some more offensive talent.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense is probably stacked, hell with all the early draft pics there it should be... FIRE CAPERS!!!

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
between Hayward, Hyde and Peppers we made some really poor, poor choices allowing all these guys to walk. I won’t even compare Jared Cooks’ stats to any TE on our team but let’s just say it’s not even close. Then we bench Richard Rodgers while investing heavy at TE? That’s a poor use of resources. Meanwhile our Defense has gaping holes due to ignoring it in FA and instead we start by picking a Defender in the second round?
I realize some players are gonna excel elsewhere but we’ve become the farm team for the league.
IMO, it’s time to get Sam Shields replacement via FA. We haven’t been the same team since his departure and we desperately need a veteran leader that can hold his own. Imagine the difference of having Randall and King as our # 2 and #3 as they now both have gained valuable experience. Guys like House are good off the bench but he isn’t a starter on half of the leagues Defenses. Let’s grab another formidable pass rusher early in the draft (top 40 player)

Hard to evaluate players in this screwy defense, House is a pretty good in man corner who struggles in zone. Matthews might still be a 10-13 sack a year guy if he had more opportunities from the 7 and 9 tech. Dix is another guy who might look better with more limited responsibilities. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of players in our Defense miraculously play better in a simpler version of the 34

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniels and Clark didn't perform at a level close to elite this season by any means.

While I know he coached at Carolina and Houston for a few years before coming to Green Bay, I don't remember much about him or if he was a very good coach. The first 2 years were good overall here but I think 2 things happened.

1)The game passed him by. Once quarterbacks started putting up crazy video game numbers in 2011, from that time on he hasn't seemed to figure out how to stop even an average offense. Prior to that everything I heard about him he was a solid coordinator.
2)Those first two years in Green Bay he had amazing talent. Crazy to say his first year there the worst defensive starters were maybe Al Harris and Kampman (both guys that were very good players not long before that). Charles Woodson, Nick Collins, Shields, Bigby in his prime, Tramon at his best, Clay at his best, Hawk at his best, Nick Barnett, Cullen Jenkins and Raji at his best. While Dom did a solid job putting these pieces together, I'd give more credit to Ted for bringing these guys in. It's still shocking you go from the #2 defense in the league in 2010 to top 5 worst in the league the very next year with a lot of the same guys outside of Collins. While I will say for a number of reason the talent did diminish some from the great talent in 2010 to 2012-13, Dom still was never able to figure it out the last 4 years. Not to mention we've spent high pick after high pick on defense too. How this defense has never improved since 2012 (when I first wanted him fired) is a joke and gets me to believe that he's nothing without a prime Charles Woodson. I still fear he'll stay for 2018.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts