1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Capers and the Pro Bowl squad

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CHIpackFAN, Jan 27, 2013.

1. CHIpackFAN

CHIpackFAN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    I wonder how Dom will run the Defense in the pro bowl, i know he is not gonna do any special stuff(vanilla) but I wonder how he will use the guys he has? He has peppers, suh, jared allen, JPP, gerald mccoy, henry melton, demarcus ware, anthony spencer, ryan kerrigan, and others. Will he have more of a 4-3 look, 3-4 look, both? it will be interesting to see what he does. I would think with this mixture of players from different schemes he could do some cool stuff.

2. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    My guess is, given the history of this game, Capers will have them all disguised as tackling dummies that wave as the offense runs by. It is essential that there be nothing impeding the steady scoring of points.

3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,044
    IIRC the defenses are pretty well restricted as to alignments, coverages, and blitzes by rule. This, along with half hearted tackling attempts, helps keep the points coming. The latter he should be used to seeing by now.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I assume he will be on the sidelines drinking out of a coconut and chattin up the ladies at the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,044
    If he could actually get his players to show up in big games and either call the correct scheme or get them to execute it (debatable point), he would not be coaching in this game but be preparing for the next.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    This will just be another playoff game for capers. Record setting yardage, no tackling, missed assignments. MM can blame the CBA afterwards and say that Capers is a great coach as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I'm expecting something along the lines of "Umm... just stand over there." or "I can't blitz... LETS DROP ALL BUT ONE GUY INTO COVERAGE!!!"

8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    oo ooo oooo ..... one of those coconut drinks with a little umbrella in 'em??

9. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    He'll use the same game plan he used against the 49ers. If it works, don't fix it.

10. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    MM and that God forsaken FB Dive... Capers still can't stop QB runs.

11. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Well sh!t if you can't put a good gameplan together when you have 11 of the best of the best on the field, you might want to consider a career change.