1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling Frank Rizzo - We Are Healthy

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Nov 11, 2014.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    The Packers are as healthy as they have been all season. BJ Raji is the only starter missing and he's done permanently. Tretter came back along with everyone else so they had to start doing healthy scratches on the inactive list. What a treat. I know that some of you witchcrafters think that even talking about this is some kind of a jinx, but you are fools.

Isn't it nice to finally have a healthy season for once?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    count me in as a fool. I wouldnt even talk about it for fear of what might happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    Barclay is back?

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    Yeah, I don't want to get too cocky only to really be let down later.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +453
    Holding my breath, must admit I get some pleasure seeing recognizable names showing up on the IR list a few days every week and they aren't our guys.

6. rondon57

rondon57 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    Losing Raji was a blow and I read he may only get 45-50% of the strength back in that arm,Gilbert Brown didn't last long after he tore his bicep,we may have seen the last of B.J. Raji in GB,losing Barclay was not a real big deal and Linsley has done a good job in place of Tretter but we have seen what happens when starters are out(Shields,Burnett,Lang)so lets cross our fingers and hope no one goes down for a long period, we need everyone healthy for the stretch run.

7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,605
    We´ve been lucky that none of our starters on the OL has missed significant time so far. Otherwise Barclay´s injury would have been devastating (as witnessed when Taylor had to fill in at New Orleans for Lang).

8. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    I don't think that anyone really knows how well Raji would have done in the middle. He hasn't done squat since 2010. After garnering no interest in the FA market, Raji was given a one year prove-it contract by TT to come and move back to the NT position. There were no guarantees.

Barclay was not a starter.

Believe in ghosts and jinxes all you guys may want, but it's been a breath of fresh air to see the team relatively healthy so far this season. The odds are against it continuing but there's no reason that we can't enjoy it while it lasts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. AFan77

AFan77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    All of Frank Rizzo's dreams are aligning right now. Packers have shed their injury curse, and it landed square on my niners. :laugh::(

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    What happened to Frank??

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    I suspect he's not allowed to post here anymore, which is a shame because he was one of the better contributors this forum ever had.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    rizzo is still banned right?

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    especially if you like race baiting and plagiarism

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    I am deleting my browser history and cache immediately so that there is no evidence that I ever read this jinxing thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    I probably missed the bad stuff that happened with Rizzo, which is a good thing for me. He did contribute in his early times and was especially passionate about the health of the team. Someone else will have to carry the health torch.

I did read that Bostick had a bit of a setback and that Elliott also may not be available to play this weekend. Those are two guys that I've wanted to see more of all season. Hopefully they are consuming lots of game film while on the DL

16. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    I can be the cold water committee; Sitton and Lang didn't practice because of injuries and Bostick is indeed hurt.

17. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,605
    Actually Lang was a limited participant in yesterday´s practice and Sitton did some conditioning stuff.

18. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    I think that McCarthy is giving them the extra time off to continue recuperating. That's how it sounded when he spoke to the media the other day. No concerns except for Bostick and Elliott

19. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +453
    What specifically are Bostick's and Elliot's injuries?

20. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,605
    Bostick (hip), Elliott (hamstring)