Callahan Signed Off Of Practice Squad

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is an excerpt from Tom Silverstein's column:

The 6-1, 216-pound Callahan had an excellent camp in 2016 after signing as an undrafted free agent and wound up making the 53-man roster. He benefited from Hundley missing most of training camp with an ankle injury and performed well above expectations, completing 54 of 88 passes for 499 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions (124.8 rating).

This past training camp, Callahan struggled, completing 13 of 21 passes for 112 yards (37.3 rating), and was outperformed by rookie free agent Taysom Hill.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shows we are not mucking about with Kaepernick, Romo, Favre and Starr.

Imo, it's the right decision to continue with Hundley and Callahan.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Kinda figured as Callahan knows our system. Bringing in Romo or Knap would need to get them up to speed with our offense in a short amount of time.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd imagine it's Rodgers. Still can bring him back after 7 weeks I believe

I think if even if there is a slim chance of him coming back they add him to the IR to return list.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would suspect they are simply waiting on all the medical information that they can get. My prediction is that Rodgers will be IR'd but that they want to be absolutely certain that there is no chance that he could be ready to play again sooner than the IR period allows. I assume that is extremely unlikely, but why not be certain.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have placed CB Quinten Rollins (Achilles) on injured reserve to make room for Callahan on the roster.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers have placed CB Quinten Rollins (Achilles) on injured reserve to make room for Callahan on the roster.
(hopelessly fictional, delusional statement upcoming...do not take it as truth)

Here comes the "After undergoing further tests, the injury to Aaron Rodgers was misdiagnosed. He has a shoulder sprain and is day to day" :whistling:

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...or prophetic

I still don't know why more people aren't on the bandwagon for securing a third QB. Even if it's someone from another practice squad or Brett Favre, they are going to need time to learn the current system. Imagine if Hundley goes down hurt against the Saints next week and we are playing Callahan with no backup. In my mind, the discussion should not be whether or not they sign a third quarterback, it's whether or not that third QB is on the practice squad or the 53 man roster.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think another QB will be signed, but it will be either another teams PS player, that we offer more money to and the ability to learn from one of the greatest. Or we just simply find an unemployed UDFA rookie who showed some preseason promise somewhere. If Hundley would go down, playoff chances drop from %20 to %5 with Callahan. If Callahan goes down, it won't matter who is back there.

Personally, I would have preferred a journeyman vet being signed today and leave Callahan on the PS. That way if Hundley does get hurt or is ineffective, at least you got a guy that knows how to play at the NFL level.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I would have preferred a journeyman vet being signed today and leave Callahan on the PS. That way if Hundley does get hurt or is ineffective, at least you got a guy that knows how to play at the NFL level.
Baseball season is over. Is Tebow PS eligible?
:roflmao:

D

Deleted member 6794

I still don't know why more people aren't on the bandwagon for securing a third QB. Even if it's someone from another practice squad or Brett Favre, they are going to need time to learn the current system. Imagine if Hundley goes down hurt against the Saints next week and we are playing Callahan with no backup. In my mind, the discussion should not be whether or not they sign a third quarterback, it's whether or not that third QB is on the practice squad or the 53 man roster.

Once again, McCarthy mentioned the Packers will add another quarterback to the practice squad this week.