Bucks v. Suns -- NBA Championship

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip ****less eating Crow today?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think Giannis's near catastrophic knee injury against Atlanta was a blessing in disguise. It allowed the rest of the Bucks players the opportunity to see that they could do it with or without Giannis. Meanwhile, other teams are losing their Super Stars to injury and the teams performances suffered.

Now Rodgers and the Packers offense. That seems to be another story or more similar to the NBA teams that lost their main stud. Maybe its just my PTSD from watching Hundley or Kizer trying to fill his shoes, but until Love or another QB can come close to what Rodgers can do, I am going to say that Rodgers has been the key to their success.

Skip today starts in with "Clippers would have won had Kawhi not gotten hurt"....what a tool!

I hope you don't actually watch this moron's show.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big basketball or NBA fan but watching a generational talent like Giannis who is freaky good and humble at the same time is a real treat.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hope you don't actually watch this moron's show.
Not really. The only time I really ever "watch" is when I read that he has made an outrageous comment about a Packer or in this case, a Bucks player. Even more fun is when is a case like this, when he is proven wrong. I do like Shannon Sharpe though, while I don't always agree with him, he often times is closer to the truth than many.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really. The only time I really ever "watch" is when I read that he has made an outrageous comment about a Packer or in this case, a Bucks player. Even more fun is when is a case like this, when he is proven wrong. I do like Shannon Sharpe though, while I don't always agree with him, he often times is closer to the truth than many.
I call that clown Skip Clueless.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with these guys is that they get paid by the audience, not how the audience feels about them. Skip doesn't care what we think, just so we tune in.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with these guys is that they get paid by the audience, not how the audience feels about them. Skip doesn't care what we think, just so we tune in.

Hurt him where it counts, by unfollowing him and not watching.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
To tell you all the truth, I am a Suns fan! I've lived in AZ all my life and have been a Suns fan since I can remember. Although I am disappointed on how they let this championship slip away, I am so glad it was the Bucks that won and not a super team like the Lakers, Nets, and so on. I am also glad a team won that hasn't won one in 50+ years, like the Lakers, Boston, and so on. Giannis is legit and so is Holiday and Middleton. What a fun series this was! Congrats to them!

I am also glad I was able to take my son to 2 playoff games, one with the Lakers, and the other was game 5 of this series. Never have been to a playoff game or finals game and it was a great experience!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To tell you all the truth, I am a Suns fan! I've lived in AZ all my life and have been a Suns fan since I can remember. Although I am disappointed on how they let this championship slip away, I am so glad it was the Bucks that won and not a super team like the Lakers, Nets, and so on. I am also glad a team won that hasn't won one in 50+ years, like the Lakers, Boston, and so on. Giannis is legit and so is Holiday and Middleton. What a fun series this was! Congrats to them!

I am also glad I was able to take my son to 2 playoff games, one with the Lakers, and the other was game 5 of this series. Never have been to a playoff game or finals game and it was a great experience!
Due to the no "Super Team" in the finals, I think either team winning that series was going to be good for the NBA and welcomed by most fans. The way that the Suns played in the first 2 games, I think most Bucks fans were thinking that it wasn't the year again. I was super happy that the Bucks won it in 6, not because I wouldn't have loved a Game 7, but I think by winning it at home, the City of Milwaukee was fully able to celebrate in the moment and that made it even that much more special.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Basically yup I read in a New York post article that what he said was "I don’t want to put anybody on the spot"

Giannis amazes me quite often and that was just another moment that he did it again. Still pretty young, super hyped up over just what happened and he still was able to pump the breaks on what was a perfect setup for him being able to poke at a few people who questioned his abilities. Really a class act.

Reaction score
H
Due to the no "Super Team" in the finals, I think either team winning that series was going to be good for the NBA and welcomed by most fans. The way that the Suns played in the first 2 games, I think most Bucks fans were thinking that it wasn't the year again. I was super happy that the Bucks won it in 6, not because I wouldn't have loved a Game 7, but I think by winning it at home, the City of Milwaukee was fully able to celebrate in the moment and that made it even that much more special.
For me, seeing them Win a Championship with their home crowd was icing on the cake. We all need to get spoon fed some good news once in awhile. This was a great moment for WI sports fans at a time when we were hungry for something positive.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
H

For me, seeing them Win a Championship with their home crowd was icing on the cake. We all need to get spoon fed some good news once in awhile. This was a great moment for WI sports fans at a time when we were hungry for something positive.

For sure. Usually I'm pissed when my team loses, but this was different. Giannis seems like a really good person and the rest of team played hard. Again, it was one of the most exciting NBA Finals for me in years(we all know why).

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
It's tough waiting 50 years for another Championship, probably even harder when your team hasn't even won their first....you are still following football and the Vikings right?
Not the reason I stopped. Weed killed basketball for me in College. My roommate in my second year was a "stoner". Morning Noon, afternoon, late afternoon, and night. Anyway, he went home for the weekend and left me a bowl. So I smoked it before I went to a Basketball game. About halfway through the game I was sitting there thinking. "man was a stupid *** game. Dribble a ball up and down the court and throw it into the basket." Haven't been able to watch it since.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
About puked when I saw this.....definitely photo shopped, but I have to wonder how people can seriously say that AR is both an NFL and NBA champion. :sick:

Reaction score
For sure. Usually I'm pissed when my team loses, but this was different. Giannis seems like a really good person and the rest of team played hard. Again, it was one of the most exciting NBA Finals for me in years(we all know why).
Well said. I think it’s healthy to be able to congratulate your opponent.
I think the Bucks were kinda the underdog and they played through adversity. I don’t think they qualified as the team of the decade, but they persevered through some quality teams and got it done by clawing and scrapping. It likely helped they got close recently and we’re more comfortable playing in big $ games. A lot of this sport is confidence as the momentum is all over the map.
PS. How the heck did Giannis make 17/19 FT’s? To me, it was noticeable he spent time working on that aspect of his game and it was very obvious opponents game planned to put him at the FT line. It worked at first, but as the series went on Giannis adapted and that one part of his game decided the Chsmpionship. He was shooting just under 50% FT up to that point in the playoffs (finished at 58.7%). Had he shot at his FT playoff average up to that game 6. Milwaukee loses by 1-2 pts.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I loved...loved...monte Williams going to bucks locker room after.

Thats. guts, respect, courage, humbleness, just plain out awesomeness

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
About puked when I saw this.....definitely photo shopped, but I have to wonder how people can seriously say that AR is both an NFL and NBA champion. :sick:
Yeah...and he gets a flipping ring too.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Apparently Giannis invited him in. He's taking some heat for it from some Suns fans though most are supportive.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

This is way I think the Suns players love playing on the team, because of Monty. I hope the core players that were on this years Suns team stays on next year, as I feel they will still be a team that will make the playoffs again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts