Bucks Chat on most recent game....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I figure since there are a lot of games and not a lot of posting action so far, maybe this thread will keep chat rolling as this incredible season for the Bucks keeps rolling on!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Great victory for the Bucks tonight @ Indiana. Pacers are a top level team that was riding a 6 game winning streak.

Coach Bud should get the game ball for the way he rotated his bigs in and out tonight. Totally frustrated the Pacers.

Giannis, what can you say that hasn't already been said about this guy? Another Triple double (5th of the season). 33 points, 11 assists and 19 freaking rebounds! This guy is almost unstoppable at times and when you find a way to stop him, he finds an open guy.

All Star Break is perfect timing to rest up and get ready for the stretch run to the playoffs! I'm still waiting to see Bucks new acquisition Nikola Mirotic. Might have been good timing to let him rest an injured calf muscle and have him ready for the 2nd half of the season.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Crazy to think 5 years ago at the All star break they were 9-42. Now they currently hold best record in the NBA going into the all star break.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Really, they weren't. I suspect this isn't the same team.

Gotta ask you guys who follow the Bucks closely... How much of this year's success has to do with the new coach's style?

I understand they lead the league in 3 ptrs attempted but are middling in 3 ptrs made.

85 pts in one half - that all points to a very aggressive offense.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Really, they weren't. I suspect this isn't the same team.

Gotta ask you guys who follow the Bucks closely... How much of this year's success has to do with the new coach's style?

I understand they lead the league in 3 ptrs attempted but are middling in 3 ptrs made.

85 pts in one half - that all points to a very aggressive offense.

Is it due to better players? I dont follow them much so I'm not sure who was on the team 5 years ago.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A lot of the Bucks success this season can be attributed to coach Bud in my opinion. However a lot of credit also has to be given to the growth of Giannis. He continues to improve and as he has gotten better, as have the players around him. Word is that they all have great chemistry in the Locker Room and the players have become very bonded as a team and trust their coach.

As far as 3 pointers, they do put up a lot, 2nd in the league with an average of 37.4/game. They aren't extremely accurate at 34.9% which is 17th in the league, but that kind of washes out and they are 3rd in total points off of 3 pointers. They also get the job done by leading the league in rebounds and are 2nd in the league in scoring (116.9/game). Probably one of the most impressive and very important stats is their margin of victory (9.8 points). This is first in the league and the next team (Golden State) is a whopping 2.7 points behind that.

I could go on and on about their stats, but lets just say that are very good statistically across the board and it explains why they have the best record in the NBA.

I really think the Bucks could go all the way, the only thing that could derail them is a serious injury to Giannis, Middleon or Bledsoe. Up until last season, I was pretty much a very casual Bucks fan, only read about them occasionally and never watched games. Last year that interest grew and this year, well maybe I am getting my "winning team" fix that I didn't get with the Packers by being all in with the Bucks and Brewers.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the previous poster said a lot to do with coach bud’s style of offense, that said running that offense with Greek freak as a focal point just makes the offense all that much ch better. There is a reason, he is the captain of the east all star team. Don’t know how much basketball you watch but think of Giannis as Arod. He does things on the basketball court that you simply have not seen other players do.

He is literally the first true 5 position player in the NBA. At 6’ 11” with a wingspan the size of a 747, he is basically unstoppable.

And to top it all the NBA now allows players to travel at will and they call it a euro step.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Coach bud is well respected by the players.. He holds them accountable for bad plays. He can scream at you in the huddle, then get the ball to you for next play.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Great home victory against the Celtics today!

Nikola Mirotić made his debut for the Bucks, only played 14 minutes, made two 3 pointers and ended with 8 points, he looked pretty good!

Giannis has another one of his typically solid games 30 points, 13 rebounds.

Fear the Deer!

Highlights:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great home victory against the Celtics today!

Nikola Mirotić made his debut for the Bucks, only played 14 minutes, made two 3 pointers and ended with 8 points, he looked pretty good!

Giannis has another one of his typically solid games 30 points, 13 rebounds.

Fear the Deer!

Highlights:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
The Aaron’s Rodgers effect. He goes for 30, 13 and 6 (which you don’t even mention) and he gets a rating of solid fro you...

Not dissing you but who good is a guy when those stats earn him a mere solid performance.

I think NBA fans are getting a bit jaded because there are a few very selfish stat stuffing players who care more about points or triple doubles than winning.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Aaron’s Rodgers effect. He goes for 30, 13 and 6 (which you don’t even mention) and he gets a rating of solid fro you...

Not dissing you but who good is a guy when those stats earn him a mere solid performance.

I think NBA fans are getting a bit jaded because there are a few very selfish stat stuffing players who care more about points or triple doubles than winning.

Not sure what you are angling at here, but that was a typical game for Giannis and in my opinion he is probably the best player in the NBA right now. Not just for his stats, but what he does as a teammate for his team.

If I had said "Giannis was spectacular last night", most who follow the Bucks would have been looking for 40, 18, 15. Giannis is spectacular almost every time he plays, but last night was his typical solid game in my opinion. Now if DJ Wilson had put up the same numbers, I would have called his performance "spectacular", because it is out of the ordinary for him.

By the way, Giannis's averages per game for the year are:

Rebounds: 12.7
Assists: 6

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Excellent win tonight against the Rockets, a team the Bucks could very well face in the NBA championship! The Bucks' unorthodox defense held Harden to a sub-par 23 points on 9-of-26 shooting and 1-9 from 3 point range, his normal bread and butter. Bledsoe did a great job guarding Harden most of the night. You could see the frustration on Hardens face by the end of the night. Watching both Harden and Chris Paul head to the locker rooms before the final buzzer made me smile. The Bucks are having fun out there and it shows!

If the Bucks get Niko and Brogden back in time for the second round of the playoffs, they are really going to be hard to beat by any team in a 7 game series.

Great to be a Bucks fan!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent win tonight against the Rockets, a team the Bucks could very well face in the NBA championship! The Bucks' unorthodox defense held Harden to a sub-par 23 points on 9-of-26 shooting and 1-9 from 3 point range, his normal bread and butter. Bledsoe did a great job guarding Harden most of the night. You could see the frustration on Hardens face by the end of the night. Watching both Harden and Chris Paul head to the locker rooms before the final buzzer made me smile. The Bucks are having fun out there and it shows!

If the Bucks get Niko and Brogden back in time for the second round of the playoffs, they are really going to be hard to beat by any team in a 7 game series.

Great to be a Bucks fan!

When I'm at the game they almost always win. I should look back but off the top of my head I've been at about 20 games this season and they've lost only once that I can recall

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When I'm at the game they almost always win. I should look back but off the top of my head I've been at about 20 games this season and they've lost only once that I can recall

Nice! I'm jealous. They are 31-6 at home this season, so good chance of going and seeing a home victory. Let's hope it continues, I'm heading to the Bucks-Nets game next week.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be awesome!

But I hear they give those out to anyone, which is good, because it means I can get one too!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice! I'm jealous. They are 31-6 at home this season, so good chance of going and seeing a home victory. Let's hope it continues, I'm heading to the Bucks-Nets game next week.

Nice I won't be there again til April 10th not sure who they play