Bruschi considers not playing

Rhino58

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com wire reports
BOSTON (March 23, 2005) -- New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi is considering sitting out next season for health reasons, The Boston Globe reported.
Bruschi's recently hired agent, Brad Blank, told the newspaper that the Pro Bowler is contemplating whether he can play next season after being treated for a mild stroke last month.
"I can relate to you only that Tedy is considering not playing next year," Blank told The Globe. "Beyond that, I cannot comment on anything."
The 31-year-old Bruschi was admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital on Feb. 16 and released a couple of days later. However, an Arizona television station reported that Bruschi was readmitted to the hospital so doctors could repair a hole in his heart.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick declined to comment on Bruschi's medical condition.
"Tedy has made all the comments. I leave it at that," said Belichick, who is in Hawaii for the NFL owners meetings.
Bruschi, a nine-year veteran, has been a key member of the defense that helped New England win three of the last four Super Bowls.
Bruschi, who has three years remaining on his contract, hadn't been represented by an agent since his rookie season. His deal would be voided if he retires, but he could earn his full salary if the team elects to place him on its physically unable to perform list.

dan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruschi

The smartest thing for Tedy Bruschi would be to sit out next season; better safe than sorry

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see a man, smart enough to walk away from a game he loves. Hope he has a healthy recovery and enjoys a long happy retirement.
The pictures of him playing with his sons before the super bowl.... sure look more important than anything football could ever give him.

Members online

Latest posts