Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We will see at the combine but lots of chatter about Hockenson on sports radio lately. TEs rarely go top 10 (there’s only a few recent examples and they barely were inside 10; Ebron a more recent comparable example was picked #10)

Teams like Jacksonville, Detroit and Denver all need a TE and could be suitors, but I believe that’s just too early even for a highly touted TE and I believe there’s a 75% chance Hockenson is there at pick %12. Its a tough pass, but GB would be missing an anchor of the Defense or another Bakhtiari type for at least 5 years. I’d love a TE but not this early. There will likely be several of the top 5 TEs available by pick #30-#44 or beyond. Who knows.. Maybe Hockenson slips or Noah Fant just might be our guy.

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks man. It's the truth though. Given our cap room and extra draft picks I think Gutekunst will be willing to sell his soul to the devil to upgrade the offensive skill positions. This has to be done via free agency/trade...let's face it, very few rookies come in and set the world on fire at WR. There has been so much talk of them doing so little to help Rodgers that the pressure to upgrade immediately will be too strong to bypass. Trading for Brown and signing a slot receiver like Adam Humphries or Golden Tate mixed with our current young WR's would be the most potent group Rodgers' has ever had.

There's absolutely no way the Packers should trade for Brown and sign a veteran slot receiver. The team has too many other needs to address to make it work. As I've mentioned repeatedly I would be in favor of pursuing Humphries though.

I stated in a post before to you, I don't totally disagree that if we have a chance to get AB for cheap without him b****ing and moaning about his pay and break the bank more than Rodgers is, could be smart but I wish he was available next season instead of this season because there is too much at questions right now to throw him into the mix.

Brown has already been commanding for a team acquiring him to fully guarantee his base salary over the next three years. The Packers should definitely pass on him.

There’s some talk about instability there with Desean Jackson. What the chances he gets traded.

There's no reason for the Packers to trade for Jackson as he's 32 years old and is scheduled to make $10 million next season.

By the way, where do you get your stats as to where players line up and such. I'm not trying to take your job here away from you ;) but sometimes it would be nice to look things up myself. I try to google slot receiver and don't get much.

I get the numbers from Pro Football Focus. You need to have an elite membership to get the information though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clearly this thread has taught me some understand math - some don't. LOL

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will see at the combine but lots of chatter about Hockenson on sports radio lately. TEs rarely go top 10 (there’s only a few recent examples and they barely were inside 10; Ebron a more recent comparable example was picked #10)

Teams like Jacksonville, Detroit and Denver all need a TE and could be suitors, but I believe that’s just too early even for a highly touted TE and I believe there’s a 75% chance Hockenson is there at pick %12. Its a tough pass, but GB would be missing an anchor of the Defense or another Bakhtiari type for at least 5 years. I’d love a TE but not this early. There will likely be several of the top 5 TEs available by pick #30-#44 or beyond. Who knows.. Maybe Hockenson slips or Noah Fant just might be our guy.

I don't follow college as much as I should because I do enjoy the combine and draft talk. But a quick google search on the TEs this year, seems like a real deep TE draft, most with good size. I'd enjoy a TE this year to learn from Graham so in 2 years (if Packers keep Graham his full contract) he would be ready to take over. Even better if we could use the 44th or 75th pick on one of the top guys. (wishful thinking)

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see I'm late to this thread but no way in hell would I give up the #12 pick for an aging head case. Would he make the offense better? Yes. But do you pass on the next (potential) Hall of Famer for a guy on the wrong side of 30 who seems to be all about "me". No thanks hard pass.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always wondered what #4 or #12 would do with an elite wr..... Sterling Sharpe was there a minute for favre...javon walker seemed on his way before the knee. Lots of really good wrs. But none were top 3 anything without our qbs...

Antonio Brown is the best wr in the league imo. But he had big Ben and a coach who fed him the ball...

Eh..... Too risky.
#12 pick traded back could net 3 picks in the first 64 I bet.... Giving Gute 5 in rounds 1 and 2... That's a option I would consider.

I Havnt gone over the prospects yet. I'm sure theres a big fast strong dlineman thats going to make me forget everything I just said. :)

Reaction score
I Havnt gone over the prospects yet. I'm sure theres a big fast strong dlineman thats going to make me forget everything I just said.
I’ve been a proponent of trading back for better positioning with multiple picks inside #20. But on the flip side?
I’ve seen a mock or 2 that had Quinnen Williams slip a few spots. If GB has a shot at him at #5 overall or beyond I’d 100% use both 1st rounders and then some to move up and snatch him. He’s a fantasy pick that I could see alongside Kenny Clark and we’d instantly be one of the better D lines in the league for at least the next 3 years.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve been a proponent of trading back for better positioning with multiple picks inside #20. But on the flip side?
I’ve seen a mock or 2 that had Quinnen Williams slip a few spots. If GB has a shot at him at #5 overall or beyond I’d 100% use both 1st rounders and then some to move up and snatch him. He’s a fantasy pick that I could see alongside Kenny Clark and we’d instantly be one of the better D lines in the league for at least the next 3 years.
I'm very much leaning towards the huge clemson nose tackle Dexter Lawrence. 6'4". 351... I have been saying since Clark was drafted that he should be a DE. Just as Daniels is a DE. Maybe not prototype 3-4 DEs, but just what the doctor ordered...imo. A 310-320 pound DE with a low center of gravity and a quick first step.... Push that pocket right back in the QBs lap... And to make Clark and Daniels unstoppable doing this is a super dominant nose tackle in between them....
Enter 6'4" 351 Dexter Lawrence. Clemson d line anchor. The same d line that dethroned the Alabama dynasty. This man will cause a ripple effect felt through the whole defense.....

The strategy. 3 dlineman who demand a double team. With at least one who can demand the double and still get a push. You do this and one of the three will be single teamed. And they will get a push. The pocket will be squeezed by 3 men. Leaving 8 to play defense.... LBs and secondary should be able to get some clean looks with those three smashing the oline.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1101702612724957184

'The three teams that have shown the most interest in wide receiver Antonio Brown to date are the Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins and Tennessee Titans, per league sources. Thus, the battle for Brown could develop into a battle between Grudens, Jon and Jay.'

I hope he's excited for 4 catches for 30 yards on 12 targets

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1101702612724957184

'The three teams that have shown the most interest in wide receiver Antonio Brown to date are the Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins and Tennessee Titans, per league sources. Thus, the battle for Brown could develop into a battle between Grudens, Jon and Jay.'

I hope he's excited for 4 catches for 30 yards on 12 targets
We play Washington again this coming year. Same with Oakland.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The three teams that have shown the most interest in wide receiver Antonio Brown to date are the Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins and Tennessee Titans
I don't know why the Raiders would want him, I thought they were trying to rebuild. I'm beginning to think Gruden is crazier than a June bug.

Reaction score
I'm very much leaning towards the huge clemson nose tackle Dexter Lawrence. 6'4". 351
and nearly broke a 5 sec 40. That’s pretty impressive. Also remarkable is a 306 pounds man running a 4.83! I would not want to be getting chased by either guy tho!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the drama of this last week, it's nearly impossible to see the Steelers bringing back Antonio Brown. He's a generational wide receiver, sure Hall of Famer, not particularly young anymore but has not shown much decline yet either, performance-wise.

The late 1st from the Saints isn't enough, but the #12 pick is probably enough to get the Steelers to simply move on at this point, and we'd still have our usual late 1st round pick.

The upside is you would have two elite wide receivers with Aaron Rodgers, creating matchup nightmares and potentially transforming the offense back into an elite unit overnight.

The downside would be having a distraction on the team if Brown has a hard time sharing the WR spotlight, which seems to have been an issue for him with Smith-Schuster this year.

Would you do it?
Tough question but I’m glad you asked it. My initial reaction is no. They’d likely have to pay him more than Adams, and he’s a questionable fit from a chemistry standpoint.

But as you point out, he’s a generational talent, sure HOFer, and would create matchup nightmares for opposing Ds. All that said, I still say no. IMHO, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. That said, I wouldn’t be upset if he were a Packer.

GoPackGo1985

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more crap I hear from AB, The more I am a big hell no on wanting him on the Packers

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more crap I hear from AB, The more I am a big hell no on wanting him on the Packers
The latest videos on him I saw, he was complaining because Roethlisberger had only been to his house once, and he had only been to Roethlisberger's house once. "That's not winning", he said. So if the Packers signed him, Rodgers would have to hang out with him all the time to make him feel better? Or else he's going to start causing problems? It's ridiculous. Shannon Sharpe said he and John Elway had never been to each other's houses.

I can see it now: "Aaron didn't invite me on the skiing trip with him and Danica. I'm going to hold out". No thank you.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how this became a "AB is a lunatic thread" more than a debate anymore if the Packers should go after him. The more stories that come out, the more he talks, every team should be moving on and looking elsewhere.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty clear from his recent comments that majority of Packer fan won't give up the #12 pick for him.

This thread should be closed or renamed to "Antonio Brown thread" and moved to other team forum.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's pretty clear from his recent comments that majority of Packer fan won't give up the #12 pick for him.

This thread should be closed or renamed to "Antonio Brown thread" and moved to other team forum.

It should be pretty clear by now that the Packers shouldn't even give up a bag of deflated footballs to trade for Brown.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I know someone mentioned this interview, but here is the link. This guy has gone off the rails IMO. It was a "no" a month ago from me about even trading a 3rd rounder for the guy and now its a "hell no" to even have the guy on the team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tonio-brown-i-dont-even-have-to-play-football

Full interview:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This conversation between former teammate Ryan Clark and Rich Eisen was also pretty informative about Brown and the Steelers in general.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy just can't ****. He had the nice meeting with Rooney and all seemed civil. But ever since he's been all over the place running his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.