Brian Carriveau said it best

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Its just getting over those losses thats the hard part!!! :confused:

I'll stand by an earlier post I made,.."Oh if only the players/coaches/owners checked this board more often!"

NACHOMAN

Sailing the seas of cheese
Reaction score
Yes sometimes it is hard to get back to reality. There was a certain high involved with winning a Superbowl and the following season going 15-1. To the effect that when we lost to the Chiefs it didn't even bother me, I thought to myself "no problem, we are in the playoff's for sure".
But after resting our guys for two weeks and loosing to the Giants at home, I just felt like we went soft. Our D was an issue I thought we my be able to improve through the draft. Still high hopes in time. I hate to judge pre-season but the game in San Diego (which I was there for) our offence spent most of the time backed into the endzone, throwing out of bounds and still not much of a run game. The game against the 49ers had that same feeling of deflation that the playoffs had.
The physical attributes are there, the mental attributes, (players and coaching) not so much.
Where are we?
We better find out before Thursday!!!
And I hate to say it, but the Bears look like their coming to our house to play some football.
Not to mention we don't play another division rival for two more months, be good to have a notch on our belt going into November.
What else is there to say? GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, both Vegas and I thought they would be 16 and 0. But it's easy to be wrong if you're not betting.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Well, both Vegas and I thought they would be 16 and 0. But it's easy to be wrong if you're not betting.
I was thinking they'd go 16 - 0 too, but as i told my wife last night, sadly we got too used to them winning, and maybe a few losses will actually fix the problems last year's winning shined over.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking they'd go 16 - 0 too, but as i told my wife last night, sadly we got too used to them winning, and maybe a few losses will actually fix the problems last year's winning shined over.

Winning will mask some minor issues a team has but that defence last year was bad. and the same problems exist in the first game this year. Maybe they can put it all together, maybe not but from what i have seen so far, not so good.

And if the coaching staff isn't focusing on improving even when you are winning that will always end badly. It shouldn't take a loss to try and figure out what is wrong with the team. I am in no way saying this happened but from a quote from matthews last year the players might have felt they could be sub par on D because the offence was on fire last year.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts