brett on another team

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i heard it's supposed to be tomorrow sometime. i'll check my directv schedule & get back to ya. :)

edit...looks like costas NOW is on tomorrow @9PM (central time) on HBO but it says it's about reggie bush & the 1963 gambling scandal. don't know if favre will be on that one or not?!? got my tivo set though - just in case. :)

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hate to see Favre on another team but if TT and the Pack told him his services were no longer required and he still wanted to play I would still wish him well and probably even cheer for him if he wasn't playing the Pack.
I am a Packer fan first but I am also a huge fan of Brett Favre.

For those hockey fans out there this would be like Ray Bourque leaving Boston. When he won the cup with Colorado there were many Bostonians happy for him as I would be happy for Brett if he did well. Lets just hope if this did happen it would be with an AFC team :) .

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During Brett's interview today he stated he was 99.9 percent sure that he did not think he would end up on another team.

Sounded like Brett just responded to a question being asked about the possibility of him playing for someone else and he replied along the lines of this being a possibility only if he was not needed for a new direction in Green Bay.

Seems like all options are open but the 99.9 percent remark makes me believe he wants to stay !!! Hope I am right !!!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love what Favre said in this interview. Doesn't really seem like he's thinking of this year as his last. If the young talent on the roster shows something, and the Packers have a respectable year, maybe GB becomes an attractive option for some FAs in the offseason- a young team on the rise, led by a HOF QB hell bent on winning another ring. I don't have blind faith in TT, but I can't see how anyone in charge of an NFL team would not do his best to add a few important pieces to a team on the rise if it meant they could contend for a Superbowl without mortgaging the future. Call me stupid, but I think #4 takes the first snap of the 2007-2008 NFL season.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, i just watched the interview & it really was good. costas asked him some tough questions & believe me - brett's been thinking ALOT about the same stuff we have about his future with the Packers.

costas asked him that IF the Packers decide that it's time for him to move on, IF they are committed to rebuilding with rodgers, & IF it seems that there's no room for him on the team for him any more, would he play a year or two elsewhere?!? (i'm paraphrasing here people) brett's answer was IF all those things happen & i still feel like i can & want to play, i won't say 'no, i'd never play someplace else' but the chances are he wouldn't.

i don't see anything wrong with what he said. those of you who continue to question his toughness, decision making abilities, & even how the man wipes his friggin butt should really watch this interview.

i couldn't help but laugh when he said 'all these experts who are questioning my decision making with my passes are he same guys who LOVED me when those passes were caught.' i'd much rather see brett go out slingin those bullets & playing the game the way he's always done it. i just hope somebody besides driver can catch 'em. :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had Brett on local TV, and he confirmed that it was all a "what if" question. He said he's 99.9% sure he will remain a Packer. He said he is loyal, and this is his home.
Just shows you, anything taken out of context can and WILL be used against him by the media.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
ok, i just watched the interview & it really was good. costas asked him some tough questions & believe me - brett's been thinking ALOT about the same stuff we have about his future with the Packers.

costas asked him that IF the Packers decide that it's time for him to move on, IF they are committed to rebuilding with rodgers, & IF it seems that there's no room for him on the team for him any more, would he play a year or two elsewhere?!? (i'm paraphrasing here people) brett's answer was IF all those things happen & i still feel like i can & want to play, i won't say 'no, i'd never play someplace else' but the chances are he wouldn't.

i don't see anything wrong with what he said. those of you who continue to question his toughness, decision making abilities, & even how the man wipes his friggin butt should really watch this interview.

i couldn't help but laugh when he said 'all these experts who are questioning my decision making with my passes are he same guys who LOVED me when those passes were caught.' i'd much rather see brett go out slingin those bullets & playing the game the way he's always done it. i just hope somebody besides driver can catch 'em. :)

I didn't see the interview, when in doubt I always listen to those who have shown to be the most logical...So I will take 4packgirl's post as a good sign that Brett's comments were once again blown out of porprtion by The Media. It will be fun to watch them jump back on "The Brett Favre can still play" bandwagon after a few weeks.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Favre doubtful to leave
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 05:44:23 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre said it's doubtful he would not finish his career with the Packers despite earlier comments he made on HBO in which he said he would consider playing for another team if the Packers didn't want him. "Would I consider playing for someone else?" Favre said. "I guess I would. Do I think that'll happen? I'm 99.9 percent sure that that won't happen."

That should end the speculation.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched Costas now last night. Way to much build up. He didn't bash the Packers and he didn't bash anyone. He said if Green Bay told him they were going in a different direction and said he can play elsewhere if he wants to then he would consider it if he got the itch.

Members online

Latest posts