1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

brett on another team

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packerfan4ever, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't try and lay the truth on some people on this forum TA, they have their own agenda and will follow it blindly.

The people you are talking about don't want to, or can't remember the no talent teams that were the norm before the 90's.

They don't have a clue that IT WAS AND IS BRETT FAVRE WHO LED THIS TEAM when they were building for a championship, then achieved their goal.

Now some question Brett because he has doubts about the direction that The Packers are going. He has every right to state his opinions, because he has been the leader of this team, and it's heart and soul since 1992.

I still think this team has a chance to do better than any of the "so-called experts" are prediciting, if they do it will be because Brett Favre will lead them and make the players on the field better then they really are, because that it what he does best.

Don't worry about those who are blindly following TT, hopefully it won't happen, but as soon as The Packers start losing, they will turn on TT and start playing the blame game, because that is what they love to do best.

Me, I am going to sit back and enjoy what could be the last year of watching THE BEST QB TO EVER PLAY THE GAME, win or lose, it's still a special sight when #4 takes the field.

2. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Didnt' they say something about a poster not pointing out and saying that "this is a bait thread"???

Who the hell is baiting?

Now, I am thoroughly confused.

3. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Buckeye said..
    I hope they do Buck, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised. And I'd like to go on the record here and say that if TT's moves work out, I will gladly admit I was wrong. But right now, I don't think I'm wrong.

So..all I can say now is ..Go Pack Go.

Rutgers 1-0

4. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great Post Mr. Allen!!

5. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That will hurt, but its up to him. I hope he will go out a Packer.

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad Favre came back because last year Rodgers didn't look ready at all. So I think an extra year is what Rodgers needs.

As for next year I'm not sure. It depends on how Favre plays. If he throws close to 30 INT's again, I'm not sure anyone would want him and I think it's just time to retire. If he comes out and has a great year then I hope he returns to the Packers but if he wants to go to a different team because GB might still be a year or two away, then that's find by me. I'd support him all the way. From reading this entire thread, it seems like some are going to be in denial when this happens.

8. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When what happens Porky?

When the Packers are no longer competitive, or when Favre goes to another team?

Or when he loses it?

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Either or.

I think Favre is going to have a better year and will ask to be traded to another team. I then think you'll know who the true fans are. Some will blame Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. Some could turn on Brett Favre but in time forgive. Some will support him all the way and wish him luck except when he plays the Packers.

10. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agree. That's probably how it will happen.

In fact, it's already happening!

11. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IF you have a problem with what you preceive to be baiting, then let the mods know, and don't post it in the thread.

TA didn't do any baiting by my account.

12. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hm, porky I just can't see that happening. IMO Brett wouldn't ask for a trade, and will likely retire next year.

13. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's inevitable. I don't think Favre wants to retire so if he comes out and has a good season, I think he could be traded. Similar situation with Tennessee and McNair.

If he plays like he did last season he should retire.

14. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    See. It's comments like this that I think are misleading. He played the way he did because he was on a MESS of a Packer team. If he plays that way again, that more than likely means the mess has not been cleaned up.

If Favre was on another team last year that was good, you would have seen a totally different performance.

It was more the team than Favre last year!

15. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre played bad last year. So did the team but Favre didn't make the team any better. You can't turn the ball over 36 times on a bad team. You can't do that on any team otherwise you'll be in trouble.

Monday Night was a full glimpse of 2005 and there isn't a team out there that would take in Favre if he plays like he did a year ago. Actually the team I could see him going to if they do well this year. Minnesota Vikings if Brad Johnson retires. Jackson will need another year or 2 to get ready.

16. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You can't turn horseshit into hamburger either, Porky...

That's the best I can explain it, and that's what Favre had to work with last year!

17. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    36 turnovers is unacceptable for a starting QB in the NFL.

18. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So is having no offensive line, no receivers, and no running game for a Professional Football team in the NFL.

But there it is.

19. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, you're both right. It's obvious you're both right. End of argument.

20. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre was accountable for a lot of those turnovers. The fumbles and INT's. Forcing passes is something that NFL QB’s just can’t do now a days. The Corners will break on the ball and pick it for 6. It happened a lot last season. He can’t do that this year. If he does, it’s time to retire. Seems like your willing to blame it all on something other than Favre making bad decisions and forcing the ball into double and triple coverage. Did the receivers, running game, and offensive line factor into his struggles. Sure but Favre didn't help his cause. Even when Gado was running good for a brief stint, nothing was better.

21. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I completely disagree. You could have put Tom Brady, Joe Montana or anyone on the Packers last year and they would have been just as bad. Favre is a gamer, he had NOTHING to work with last year so he did at times chuck it up last year. Should he had just took a knee or threw it out of bounds on 1ST, 2ND and 3RD down. He had no help WHATSOEVER. Put Brett on a quality team with 2-3 LEGIT NFL recievers, an offensive line that can give him time to throw and a decent running game and he would be fine. Brett taking the heat for managements inability to field a capable product is uncalled for and makes me wish Brett would have hung it up last year.

22. BoydAvery

BoydAvery Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice post kid. Right on the money.

23. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He had 36 turnovers. 29 INT's and 7 Fumbles. You can't have that in the NFL on any team. Favre has always forced things and was able to get away with it up until last year. Part of it is the talent and I have acknowledge that but blaming everyone else accept Favre is unacceptable in my opinion and that is what some are doing.

You can't chuck passes up like punts. You can't put your defense in bad field position. That is what Favre did constantly last year. He didn’t help himself last year. Tom Brady knows how to take what the defense gives you. Brett Favre didn't do that last year. He rarely dumped the pass off, instead he'd force the pass. If Favre brings his turnovers down which I think he can and will, not only will this team do better but other teams will be calling and asking if Favre is on the market because of the comments he made. If Favre plays like he did last year for the 2nd year in a row. It’s time to retire in my opinion.

24. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Porky said,

Tom Brady has the luxury of having a team around him where's he's been able to do that, Brett Favre hasn't.

25. Gattocheese

Gattocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I see this as not an OUT for Favre, but a TRUTH releasing interview. TT and staff didnt want to turn Brett away because of the feed back they would get from it. So Brett gave them a window to say "hey we are rebuilding, so we are gonna suck, if you dont want to be here we understand". Brett so badly wants to go to the big game again and retire in glory, wouldnt you?

I always have hated players that turn on there loyal teams, but Favre is my exception. I wouldnt want to play the game i love and the game that i would retire as a legend end in a bunch of losing seasons. I would want my team to say that they are rebuilding and that you can go off and continue your legacy. I love my packers, and i would still watch #4 play on a different team. He will still retire as a Packer.