brett on another team

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being consistent is not being a leader. He has never been a vocal leader. He started going that route with Javon Walker, and many feel he shoulda actually kept his mouth shut in that situation.

Brett is being Brett?

is that code for, going on the air with Costas and talk about possibly playing for another team?

Just Brett being Brett.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Why bring talk like this up A WEEK BEFORE THE REGULAR SEASON?

A lot of people think its not a great team, and Favre is talking about possibly playing somewhere else, "if GB wants to go that route." He throws that in to put the pressure on GB, Again. like his constant "then cut me" statements.

I dont like this. Just shut up, #4, and throw the damn ball....to people in GREEN AND GOLD this year.

maybe if he had more than 3 seconds to throw it and somebody other than CFL calibur players to throw it too he would!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, cuz throwing it out of bounds woulda been out of the question, instead of trying to force it, even though (as you pointed out) he had not much talent around him.

but thats just Brett being Brett....

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Being consistent is not being a leader. He has never been a vocal leader. He started going that route with Javon Walker, and many feel he shoulda actually kept his mouth shut in that situation.

Brett is being Brett?

is that code for, going on the air with Costas and talk about possibly playing for another team?

Just Brett being Brett.

Are you in the GB locker room or is this speculation? Regarding Javon we see the character that guy posseses. There were also a GREAT DEAL of people thrilled with Brett for calling out Javon. Javon is an idiot and Brett called him out.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Okay. Let's try not to get worked up here.

Brett is playing for the Green Bay Packers. I read the no trade clause in his contract. He's not going anywhere.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you in the GB locker room?

Im just going by what i hear\see on tv\radio. The 'Favre calling out Javon thing' got a good bit of press, if you dont recall.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, cuz throwing it out of bounds woulda been out of the question, instead of trying to force it, even though (as you pointed out) he had not much talent around him.

but thats just Brett being Brett....

Yeah you move the ball like that. If Brett had done that BJ Sander's leg would have fallen off. No Line/No WR's/No running game = Brett trying to force balls to win games. Simple math that applies to any QB from Pee-wee to the NFL.

Of all this teams problems we are going to focus on Brett throwing INT's?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Are you in the GB locker room?

Im just going by what i hear\see on tv\radio. The 'Favre calling out Javon thing' got a good bit of press, if you dont recall.

Please give me a few links to where a teammate said Favre wasn't a leader

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I can't say it wouldn't happen," Favre said. "If it comes to a point where they do start over and I feel like I can play and they say, 'Brett, if you want to go somewhere else, go ahead, but we've got to start over. It's time for us to rebuild. It just doesn't make sense, so do what you want.' If I got the itch at some point, I can't say 'no.' "

Ah Brett, I think they've reached that point already. What do they have to do, give you few if any playmakers, no OL and a bunch of rookies as a supporting cast before you get the point?? I'm sure this is Brett taking an opportunity to plant a seed in TT's head.....I'll go, I'll go, just ask me.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow this is going to be a disappoint year, why would he even talk about it before this year started...that is ****** up/.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackwillBEback said:
Wow this is going to be a disappoint year, why would he even talk about it before this year started...that is f'd up/.

thats what im saying...

the 'leader' of the Packers saying this one week before regular season ....makes me a saaaad panda.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
PackwillBEback said:
Wow this is going to be a disappoint year, why would he even talk about it before this year started...that is f'd up/.

thats what im saying...

the 'leader' of the Packers saying this one week before regular season ....makes me a saaaad panda.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yeah I'm still optimistic. It hardly means Favre isn't going to try or thinks we will do bad, but why feed the media and make me worry....I just think he should be focused on this season, but Bob Costats brought it up, and Favre tells it as it is....so he wasn't beating around the bush or saying the Pack will have the bad year that will push him out.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys! Look outside! The sky is falling :roll:

I'm sorry, I just don't see how this effects the team at all. So Brett would want out if management didn't want him anymore? In other news, grass is green.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and from Favre's perspective, why would he want to stay here and put up w/ losing for another 2-3 years??

After all he's been through, doesn't he deserve more than that??

What would be a likely team?? TB and Chucky or Houston and MS??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, its not a big deal. Its just Green Bays biggest icon, who once said "i would never play for another team" changing his mind and saying he would play somewhere else, if GB 'wanted' him to, of course. no biggy.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess a player's perspective has a right to change when he notices the organization is no longer supporting him and trying to win games?

Likewise, I'm sure everytime Favre gets ran over by an opposing player coming untouched through our porus OL, he starts ignoring or second guessing the promises he made years ago??

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, its not a big deal. Its just Green Bays biggest icon, who once said "i would never play for another team" changing his mind and saying he would play somewhere else, if GB 'wanted' him to, of course. no biggy.

trom,

I agree with you that this was not the right time to bring it up, bad timing. I disagree with you in that "Brett" changed his mind however. Our Green Bay Organization decided to forget about Brett during this "rebuilding" process. "They", changed thier minds on him. I am surprised he even gave us this year my friend.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB isnt supporting favre?

GB isnt trying to win games?

WTF are you talking about?!

Reaction score
IMO, this is about Favre wanting to play football still, and having a passion to go out there on Sunday as a QB with the Packers. If he can't do it with the Packers, than he wants to do it with another team, and I can understand that.

Example being I want to be a criminal lawyer. If I don't become a criminal lawyer (GOD FORBID!), I'd still like to be another type of lawyer. It won't mean the same as being a criminal law, but my love for law is just that great.

Brett playing on another team won't happen because he hates GB, but rather because Favre still loves the game and wants to play, and GB decides its time to look to the future, or other extraneous variables. This isn't a big deal like Favre sending a message to higher ups that he wants out etc., but rather a message that he loves to play football, and he will do it until he wants to.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I'd support him all the way.

Porky, would you kind of like to see Brett Favre leave already so the Packers can move on to the "Rodgers era"?

Tromadz said..
GB isnt supporting favre?

GB isnt trying to win games?

WTF are you talking about?!

Wow. Unbelievable..you're pissed at Favre when you should really be furious with TT for letting it get to this point?

TT surrounded Favre with talent? GB's trying to win games NOW? How can you possibly believe that unless you have such a blind love and unwavering support for TT in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. Four wide receivers (1 who is any good, the others unproven), and no offensive line. Yeah, that's supporting Favre alright, isn't it?

****ing Wow. And Favre's not a "leader". C'mon, that's just pure ********. If by leader you mean someone who blindly buy's into TT's ******** moves unquestioningly, then yeah, he's not a leader. But your definition of leader sounds more like a "follower". So yeah, Favre's a leader.

Steve Young said, "There's going to be a time when Brett Favre realizes the writing on the wall and understands that his team is not supporting him anymore, and not trying to win championships. They're rebuilding. That's going to be a very difficult time for someone of his nature."

Brett, that time is now. TT sold you down the river, and honestly he doesn't care about doing anything to help you win with this team this year. He is looking several years down the road, and basically said as much. "Brett Favre coming back or not has nothing to do or not with the decisions I make for this football team".

It's going to be a long season Brett. One in which the so called Packer "fans" are probably going to turn on you. But keep playing to win!

Remember this. Favre has deserved and "earned" more respect and loyalty from the Green Bay Packer fans than TT has thus far, but there are going to be those who don't understand that or who will forget. Part of the reason is that some of these young pups here don't remember Bart Starr when he was getting pummeled on those early 70's Packer teams. (Or Johnny U., John Hadl, Sonny Jurgenson, etc..etc..)

I'm starting to believe that TT got rid of Sherman so that he could get rid of Brett Favre easier. Why? I'm not totally sure. Perhaps his total rebuilding project included getting rid of Favre from the get go, but he knows that it's a tricky situation, so he's kind of set the table so that Favre has no other choice. Is TT's plan to get Aaron Rodgers at the helm, and did he want to do so this year? It's anyone's guess, but from recent moves, it's beginning to look like that was the plan, at least to me it it.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
SuperRat said:
Wow, how does anybody see this as Favre saying that he isn't satisfied? He just said that if the team told him that they were going in a different direction and wanted Rodgers or whomever else to be quarterback, that he would understand and if he still desired to play, he would do so for another team. I don't see any possible way you can spin this to make it sound like he doesn't like the team anymore or he desperately wants out, but somehow some of you found a way to make it out like that.

yeah, I can understand his feelings, if thats how he feels about the team.

But isnt this something that shouldnt be said outside the coaches\GMs office?

This is rocking the boat, and it is unsettling. Brett has never been a good leader (just led by example, aka 'he played hard' ) and this seals it.

I hope he stays, and retracts his statements, for the sake of the team, even if it IS how he feels.

So much for his leadership. Cmon brett.

Love the way how some of the "loyal" fans jump on the Packer leader, don't you?

C'mon, get behind your team and your leader--Brett Favre. After all, we are all Packer fans here, aren't we?

Go Pack Go.

OP
OP
packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i ahve to ask since i dont know how stats and all that workbut say he does go to another team would he have to start fresh with his starting record and certain others just wondering.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan4ever said:
i ahve to ask since i dont know how stats and all that workbut say he does go to another team would he have to start fresh with his starting record and certain others just wondering.

ummm no a start is a start

Members online