Brett Favre Retired last week, Than TT Gave him more time

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I justheard on ESPN News that Brett Favre apparently told TT last week that he was done BECAUSE he felt pressured to make a decision. It stated that he even told a couple of the players of his intentions. TT then told Brett to take a little more time to decide.

It's funny though because the guy reporting said that most of his teammates feel like Brett is going hang it up.

Its some ******* media report, so take it for what its worth

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ahh..so Chamuko's friend may have been correct..

How'd you get so "connected" Chamuko?

Reaction score
Actually PFT.com reports the exact opposite, that the players know Brett is coming back. There are many spins on this story, and honestly the record can only be set straight once Brett announces his intentions.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: Brett Favre Retired last week, Than TT Gave him more tim

How many stabs in the dark are we going to allow ESPN to have before we really get the clue that they are in deed just stabbing in the dark!

One day its, Bretts retiring soon.
Next day its, Brett told chris mortensen that if tt doesnt sign more fA he's retiring,
Next its, Brett's been working out hes playing this year,
Next its, Brett will announce his decision at his golf charity tournament
now its brett retired but tt talked him out of it?

C'mon... this is almost as freaking ridiculous as it is for Brett taking this much time.

//I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here, except ESPN's.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN's credibility on this matter is zero, but this report does sound believable, considering what's been going on (or not going on) this past week. It did sound like Thompson and McCarthy were pressuring Favre a little with their comments last week, and Thompson may be scrambling to avoid the public perception that he pushed Favre out. One thing is for sure: This is one great big dysfunctional mess. I used to think that once Favre made his decision, he and the team could put this matter behind them, but I don't think that's possible anymore.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Greg C. said:
ESPN's credibility on this matter is zero, but this report does sound believable, considering what's been going on (or not going on) this past week. It did sound like Thompson and McCarthy were pressuring Favre a little with their comments last week, and Thompson may be scrambling to avoid the public perception that he pushed Favre out. One thing is for sure: This is one great big dysfunctional mess. I used to think that once Favre made his decision, he and the team could put this matter behind them, but I don't think that's possible anymore.

Referring to your 'dysfunctionial mess' comment. Just how many free agents view our 'saga' the same way? That has to be making it harder for free agents to sign here.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Favre told Thompson he was retiring
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 12:59:41 -0700

ESPN's Ed Werder reports at one point last week,
Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre felt he was being
pressured into an answer by the team about his future
so he told general manager Ted Thompson he was retiring.
Thompson then told Favre to take a step back and
spend more time making his decision
[/i

This is from KFFL, I posted it yesterday under "interesting tidbits from KFFL thread"

Maybe just maybe TT wants Brett back more then anyone really knows.
Brett is coming back, everyone just needs to let things run their course.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
Greg C. said:

Referring to your 'dysfunctionial mess' comment. Just how many free agents view our 'saga' the same way? That has to be making it harder for free agents to sign here.

Agreed, zero. Although you can usually get free agents by offering them boatloads of money, a lot of times they are choosing between teams that are making very similar offers, and they are less likely to choose a team that has no clear direction. Pyledriver pointed out the other day that the Redskins and Vikings have signed big-name free agents in spite of unsettled QB situations, but I would argue that the direction is clear for both of those teams: They're trying to win it all this year with veteran QB's. And those teams still had to lay out obscene amounts of money to bring in Archuleta and Hutchinson. It would have been unwise for Thompson to pay that kind of dough for players whose impact would be nowhere near the impact of a Reggie White, especially when Favre may decide to hang it up anyway.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, we should not have overppaid for those gys. I just don't think its as big of a mess as people make it out to be. The mess is not inside the organization. Brett istaking his time and TT seems to be giving him the proper respect he deserves, but would like a decision i'm sure.

The mess lies with the media and impatient fans who have turned this into a TT vs Brett, Brett hurting the team, circus.

Members online

Latest posts