Breaking Down the NFC North, 2024

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not ridiculous. What is ridiculous is the same old offseason chatter from Bear's fans. Year in and year out it's the same story. Always paper champs until the season starts. So yeah, until they prove it on the field it certainly is "blah blah blah".
Yeah last year I’ll admit we were all on the JF kook-aid and we crashed back down to earth.
But…………….to compare this years team and last years team is just not advisable. I’m here talking ish bc we got the universally accepted generational talent at QB and your own fan Packast’s reaction to us getting Rome too was akin to Michael’s “no….no….god no” moment on the office.
I know I’ve got 30 years of shiite to eat but this year I think is different and so do many others. If not….oh well…. I’ll brush my teeth, dust myself off and come back for more.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not ridiculous. What is ridiculous is the same old offseason chatter from Bear's fans. Year in and year out it's the same story. Always paper champs until the season starts. So yeah, until they prove it on the field it certainly is "blah blah blah".
Yeah and when the draft history is giving up a fortune to move up and take Trubisky when Mahomes is there, when your QB (Jay Cutler) is your rival's (Packers) MVP, well it's a history full of disaster.

But even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. So when it comes to the Bears, who knows? What's undeniable is that they have a roster full of impact players. If they **** that up, it's on them.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh sweet baby Jesus the season can’t come fast enough.
Hey FWIW, I truly can't stand the Vikings and revel in the fact that they have zero SB victories. Zero. The Bears have made it twice, won it once, and when they played the Colts, I truly wanted the Bears to win. I would never say that about the Vikings.

As for the Lions, I don't think they've ever been in a SB, so I guess that makes them undefeated. But really, the Lions? They are pathetic, and I just couldn't bring myself to cheer for them in the NFCCG last year.

Now to be clear, I always want the Packers to win the North, to sweep the North opponents, and to win yet another SB.

But if it's not the Packers, I can certainly cheer on the Bears. Why? I dunno. I love the city of Chicago and a city that big deserves a winner. So my ribbing of the Bears is all in good, competitive fun. And I have friends from Chicago. So I don't hate them. Not at all.

(And c'mon, the Bears gave the NFL the double-doink. I mean it's bad enough to hit the goal post once and miss. But twice? Only Da Bearz could pull that off.)

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey FWIW, I truly can't stand the Vikings and revel in the fact that they have zero SB victories. Zero. The Bears have made it twice, won it once, and when they played the Colts, I truly wanted the Bears to win. I would never say that about the Vikings.

As for the Lions, I don't think they've ever been in a SB, so I guess that makes them undefeated. But really, the Lions? They are pathetic, and I just couldn't bring myself to cheer for them in the NFCCG last year.

Now to be clear, I always want the Packers to win the North, to sweep the North opponents, and to win yet another SB.

But if it's not the Packers, I can certainly cheer on the Bears. Why? I dunno. I love the city of Chicago and a city that big deserves a winner. So my ribbing of the Bears is all in good, competitive fun. And I have friends from Chicago. So I don't hate them. Not at all.

(And c'mon, the Bears gave the NFL the double-doink. I mean it's bad enough to hit the goal post once and miss. But twice? Only Da Bearz could pull that off.)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh sweet baby Jesus the season can’t come fast enough.
I think you've got a good attitude, and a thick skin. No matter what happens this year, just remember the Packers have pretty much owned the Bears for the last 10 years, with an 18-2 record. Those two wins were as close as the Bears got to a Super Bowl.

But, I do think they could be a lot better, if they don't find a way to screw it all up again. As for their coaching staff, I'll believe they're doing it right when it happens. I thought last year they were a joke. But.... that's the way it goes. Each year is different.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A Philly player swears he grazed the ball enough to cause that.
Whether true or not….. I dunno.
Parkey had a thing for hitting goal posts.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you've got a good attitude, and a thick skin. No matter what happens this year, just remember the Packers have pretty much owned the Bears for the last 10 years, with an 18-2 record. Those two wins were as close as the Bears got to a Super Bowl.

But, I do think they could be a lot better, if they don't find a way to screw it all up again. As for their coaching staff, I'll believe they're doing it right when it happens. I thought last year they were a joke. But.... that's the way it goes. Each year is different.
I’m not gonna lie 2010 hurt like hell, losing a NFCCG at home.
I mean to come so close and then a sprained MCL cost the game…..at home.
I mean hosting an NFCCG is a special thing…and a huge advantage for the home QB bc they win 2 outta 3 tries statistically………at home.
The 2 wins in 10 years sucks but it is what it is. A new day dawns and watching Rodgers blow 4 or 5 shots at the Superbowl at home was the real cherry on top of every really bad season.

Reaction score
Y’all are ridiculous. If I’d asked your board 3 years ago what Detroit would be you’d have said “same old Detroit. New coach changes nothing they suck blah blah blah”

Bears have new GM and new CEO. It’s not business as usual. If it was the Bears would have given R.Wilson the Denver contract and got royally screwed. A little luck and better front office and now we reap the benefits.
Listen. There are 10 teams that allowed more TD’s than the 2023 Bears
Only 2 of those 10 cracked the Top 10 Defense in yardage (not good odds)
Panthers (#4) Dolphins (#10)

The Bears have a great Run Defense. However, in this league you MUST be able to stop the Pass and Slow teams in scoring position. The Bears ranked #31 in Redzone scoring D at 68.9%. Only Cleveland was worse.

5th Round Austin Booker isn’t going to propel Chicago into greatness. That was your top Defensive draft pick btw. In this HEAVY draft at WR. you guys would’ve been wise to trade back with #9 into that top 23/25 area. Adding Brian Thomas or Xavier Worthy with Keenan. (trade with Jags) and still grabbed a second weapon at WR who slid some like Devontez Walker who should’ve never seen Rd4 (you could’ve flipped your 5th for a Jags earlier 4th and asked for a Day 3 bonus in 2025) getting Walker as a 2nd WR option to stock some weapons.

You’d still have your QB1, swing tackle in RD3, but now go ahead and pick TWO players at #48/#96. Could’ve added Pass Rush Extraordinaire, Marshawn Kneeland to pair with Sweat.

Furthered that by protecting your #1 overall investment with insurance at RG (2nd Team All SEC, Layden Robinson) to compete with Nate Davis to see who’s backup material.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean hosting an NFCCG is a special thing…and a huge advantage for the home QB bc they win 2 outta 3 tries statistically………at home.
The 2 wins in 10 years sucks but it is what it is. A new day dawns and watching Rodgers blow 4 or 5 shots at the Superbowl at home was the real cherry on top of every really bad season.
Yeah, Rodgers was a real disappointment after the 2010 season and his lone SB. For all of his gaudy stats, he just couldn't carry a team when the lights were the brightest. I'm certainly not sorry he played for GB. But he always was a bit of a head case, and well, he's worse now. And he's NY's problem.

That NFCCG was when Cutler took himself out of the game at half time, I think. Considering Cutler's weird career, I'm not convinced he didn't panic. A QB in an NFCCG finishes the game unless he breaks a bone or tears an ACL.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Philly player swears he grazed the ball enough to cause that.
Whether true or not….. I dunno.
Parkey had a thing for hitting goal posts.
Could be. It wasn't the missed kick, or even that he hit the goal post. But he hit it twice. Yikes. Well, Carlson may match or beat him if he is allowed to continue.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the offense constantly has 3 n outs, your punter has regressed over the last 2 years and overall teams start at their own 40 or better it’s easy to see why the numbers are bad.
The beginning of the season we had no pass rush at all. The last 7 weeks the team took major strides.
We’re not done in FA or a trade maybe. We need a bonafide rusher opposite Sweat and I believe my GM is working on it as we type…

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what you were drinking that day, but a sprained MCL didn't cost the Bears that game. Cutler was HORRIBLE all game long. I still believe that it was a bunch of non-sense about the doctors not allowing Cutler into the game. Lovie benched him...and for good reason. Unfortunately for you Collins??? stunk too but Caleb Hanie brought life back into the Bears.

Wasn't that the game where Urlacher "intercepted" Rodgers up the middle on a blitz? Crazy play. I could gush over Urlacher all day. That game against Denny Green's Cardinals (the "they are who we thought they were" game), was the greatest half of football that I've ever seen out of a player. Urlacher single handedly shut down the Cardinals offense and then scored for the Bears. He took over the game for offense and defense and created a win out of thin air.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Rodgers was a real disappointment after the 2010 season and his lone SB. For all of his gaudy stats, he just couldn't carry a team when the lights were the brightest. I'm certainly not sorry he played for GB. But he always was a bit of a head case, and well, he's worse now. And he's NY's problem.

That NFCCG was when Cutler took himself out of the game at half time, I think. Considering Cutler's weird career, I'm not convinced he didn't panic. A QB in an NFCCG finishes the game unless he breaks a bone or tears an ACL.
I don’t disagree about Cutler but we’ll never know how bad it was. I often wonder how different his career is if we win that game.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what you were drinking that day, but a sprained MCL didn't cost the Bears that game. Cutler was HORRIBLE all game long. I still believe that it was a bunch of non-sense about the doctors not allowing Cutler into the game. Lovie benched him...and for good reason. Unfortunately for you Collins??? stunk too but Caleb Hanie brought life back into the Bears.

Wasn't that the game where Urlacher "intercepted" Rodgers up the middle on a blitz? Crazy play. I could gush over Urlacher all day. That game against Denny Green's Cardinals (the "they are who we thought they were" game), was the greatest half of football that I've ever seen out of a player. Urlacher single handedly shut down the Cardinals offense and then scored for the Bears. He took over the game for offense and defense and created a win out of thin air.
Lach’s gone if Rodgers doesn’t trip him up. Just like Peppers almost getting Rodgers on the Cobb play.
God I hate you guys( in Cartman’s voice)lol.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was an ugly, windy game befitting of a Bears/Packers playoff game. I hope to see many more with relatively even outcomes. That's what makes a rivalry good.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t disagree about Cutler but we’ll never know how bad it was. I often wonder how different his career is if we win that game.
Yes... how interesting that thought exercise is... what a great career Jay Cutler might have had if only he didn't suck under pressure.

I guess we'll just never know how good Cutler might have been if only he weren't so awful.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, what are you trying to say here. I'm not sure your point is very clear. :)
My subtle way of deploring one of the many differences between Kentucky and Hawaii, LA, and the Twin Cities. If you go to a beach in Kentucky (that is, if you even find one; the whole state has about 4 lakes total), take a book. You can get a lot of reading done, because there sure isn't anything else to look at. :D

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible he wanted to hurry home and take his cat for a walk.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Bears are one of my least hated teams, unless the Packers are playing them! I laugh at their years of futility and incompetence, but, I could never cheer for them in the Superbowl!
The purples however can go suck a big fat ****!! God, I hate that team, their fans, that stupid horn,and, their goofy ********* looking owner!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Didn't think anyone here felt the same way I do about the Bears. I'd put the Bears in the top half of teams I would root for.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My subtle way of deploring one of the many differences between Kentucky and Hawaii, LA, and the Twin Cities. If you go to a beach in Kentucky (that is, if you even find one; the whole state has about 4 lakes total), take a book. You can get a lot of reading done, because there sure isn't anything else to look at. :D
Why would you hate the differences between these cities?
I would subtly recommend getting a thesaurus.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah last year I’ll admit we were all on the JF kook-aid and we crashed back down to earth.
But…………….to compare this years team and last years team is just not advisable. I’m here talking ish bc we got the universally accepted generational talent at QB and your own fan Packast’s reaction to us getting Rome too was akin to Michael’s “no….no….god no” moment on the office.
I know I’ve got 30 years of shiite to eat but this year I think is different and so do many others. If not….oh well…. I’ll brush my teeth, dust myself off and come back for more.
Good luck.