Brandon Jackson

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
When we drafted this kid, I wasn't impressed. He did have some nice feetsies, but that's about it. I didn't see much speed after his burst as I'd like in a RB. He makes decent cuts.

I've been watching the Cardinals/49ers game today and I don't know if its his number or what, but Edgerin James style of running is similar to that of Brandon Jackson.

I am NOT saying Jackson is on the same level as James, not saying that at all. Just saying their style seems very similar.

Those who want to knock Jackson for yesterday, think of it like this, the kid didn't get a chance to get into a groove at all. I believe he only had 15 carries. That's not enough. He should be getting 6-10 in the first quarter and half. Give the RB a chance to pound the defense, to wear them out. Not two runs, seven passes or whatever.

Run, run, run. Get the running game into a groove.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
its funny, people want to say he didnt do anything yesterday...

But yet I have heard this on the radio today..

Brett had nothing to work with, cuz the online really stunk..
So which is it..The online stunk and didnt help Jackson out, AND Brett or it just didnt help Brett out

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its funny, people want to say he didnt do anything yesterday...

But yet I have heard this on the radio today..

Brett had nothing to work with, cuz the online really stunk..
So which is it..The online stunk and didnt help Jackson out, or Brett or it just didnt help Brett out
True. I see it as the o-line sucked on all levels. Running included. I HOPE they get it together so Favre doesn't get killed, or RB's can gain some yards, and Favre can pass Marino on the all time TD list.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping once Vernand comes back, our running game will get a decent boost. Expecting a couple or rookies to carry the load when learning a brand new scheme is expecting a lot. Hopefully the offensive line will come together a bit as well. Otherwise Brett is going to get killed back there. :p

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping once Vernand comes back, our running game will get a decent boost. Expecting a couple or rookies to carry the load when learning a brand new scheme is expecting a lot. Hopefully the offensive line will come together a bit as well. Otherwise Brett is going to get killed back there. :p

I'm hoping VM comes back, too, cause I just traded for him in one of my fantasy leagues. :D

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we drafted this kid, I wasn't impressed. He did have some nice feetsies, but that's about it. I didn't see much speed after his burst as I'd like in a RB. He makes decent cuts.

I've been watching the Cardinals/49ers game today and I don't know if its his number or what, but Edgerin James style of running is similar to that of Brandon Jackson.

I am NOT saying Jackson is on the same level as James, not saying that at all. Just saying their style seems very similar.

Those who want to knock Jackson for yesterday, think of it like this, the kid didn't get a chance to get into a groove at all. I believe he only had 15 carries. That's not enough. He should be getting 6-10 in the first quarter and half. Give the RB a chance to pound the defense, to wear them out. Not two runs, seven passes or whatever.

I'd like us to run more. But do you really see us getting anywhere with the way our O-line was blocking? Im hoping and praying that our Oline playin bad was a fluke!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

B-Jack is not getting any carries because the coach has no confidence in his running ability.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
B-Jack is not getting any carries because the coach has no confidence in his running ability.

but the passing game dominates

I was thinking to myself the whole game, give this kid a shot on 1st down, let him establish some confidence...but no...

he still made the best of his opportunities, whether recieving or running

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

I was thinking to myself the whole game, give this kid a shot on 1st down, let him establish some confidence...but no...

yeah, like the pass he dropped on the goal line with no one within 10 yards of him.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Jackson has enoung holes, or carries for us to fully evaluate him, the few times that he got to the linebackers, he did well.

I blame out lack of offense, passing and running, solely on the O line.

Many have said that next week, we'll get to see more of B-Jack as the opponents D line is weaker. A few days and some more questions will be answered.

I don't believe that Morency would have faired any better.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the eagles defense is one of the better schemes we will face all season...schemes

all of the different blitzes we saw had even brett confused

now this week against a Giant defense that is thin when healthy, I think it'll be much easier to get the running attack started

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
dhpackr said:

yeah, like the pass he dropped on the goal line with no one within 10 yards of him.

Jackson dropped a pass on the goal line did he? When exactly was this? I saw him drop one pass, out in the right flat, nowhere near the goal line, and I happened to see 3 other GOOD RB's drop the same pass Sunday. It's a hard catch for a RB to make for minimal yardage.. they're turning a blind eye to the closing defender, and the ball is coming in at a tangent to their direction.

But go on, keep hating, or go be a Texans fan and cheer on Green. I for one am glad he's gone. It was time to move on. Green would've fumbled yesterday once or twice and cost us the win, I guarantee it. He always had bad fumble problems early in the season.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
HatestheEagles084 said:
dhpackr said:

Jackson dropped a pass on the goal line did he? When exactly was this? I saw him drop one pass, out in the right flat, nowhere near the goal line, and I happened to see 3 other GOOD RB's drop the same pass Sunday. It's a hard catch for a RB to make for minimal yardage.. they're turning a blind eye to the closing defender, and the ball is coming in at a tangent to their direction.

But go on, keep hating, or go be a Texans fan and cheer on Green. I for one am glad he's gone. It was time to move on. Green would've fumbled yesterday once or twice and cost us the win, I guarantee it. He always had bad fumble problems early in the season.

typical post from a member of this forum. yep, i'm a texan fan now, b/c i feel green should be a packer. i got to leave b/c i write how i feel b-jack will never be a premire RB, ban me now! i disagree w/the forum. brilliant!

Reaction score

IF that is true, then why exactly is B-Jack starting?

And how exactly can you say this with such assurance? Perhaps it was the o-line, and not B-Jack, that the coach had no confidence in? There were rumblings on a site that Pack93z provided a while back that said that McCarthy was displeased with how the starting O-line was doing in practice. Perhaps McCarthy knew the O-line (and not B-Jack) couldn't be counted on as of right now.

B-Jack made some gains late in the game, but more importantly when he had some space to operate, he did some nifty things. The two passes he caught for double digit gains, he made defenders miss. Those were very impressive plays (not the throws, but what B-Jack did to gain extra yardage).

Also, IF McCarthy has no confidence in B-Jack's running ability, why did he play him so much? In McCarthy's system, Favre has the option to change the play from a run to a pass or vice versa if he sees fit.

Given this ability to audible, IF McCarthy truly had no confidence in B-Jack's ability, he'd have only sent him on sure passing down, instead of sending him out on a majority of downs like he did on Sunday. McCarthy would have no assurance that a run play would be changed at the line by Favre.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

IF that is true, then why exactly is B-Jack starting?

And how exactly can you say this with such assurance? Perhaps it was the o-line, and not B-Jack, that the coach had no confidence in? There were rumblings on a site that Pack93z provided a while back that said that McCarthy was displeased with how the starting O-line was doing in practice. Perhaps McCarthy knew the O-line (and not B-Jack) couldn't be counted on as of right now.

B-Jack made some gains late in the game, but more importantly when he had some space to operate, he did some nifty things. The two passes he caught for double digit gains, he made defenders miss. Those were very impressive plays (not the throws, but what B-Jack did to gain extra yardage).

Also, IF McCarthy has no confidence in B-Jack's running ability, why did he play him so much? In McCarthy's system, Favre has the option to change the play from a run to a pass or vice versa if he sees fit.

Given this ability to audible, IF McCarthy truly had no confidence in B-Jack's ability, he'd have only sent him on sure passing down, instead of sending him out on a majority of downs like he did on Sunday. McCarthy would have no assurance that a run play would be changed at the line by Favre.

Good post! Although this alledged "die hard" packer fan will only come up with more nonsensical rebuttals that drag this forum down :(

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard negative comments from MM re. what Jackson has done with his carries, given what the line has done for him. MM isn't one to praise a player who doesn't deserve it, and he's said a lot of good stuff about Brandon so far.

He does think the line needs to play better, however.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post! Although this alledged "die hard" packer fan will only come up with more nonsensical rebuttals that drag this forum down :(

Good Flame! Anyways, who else was going to start for the Packers. I think VM will be hurt most of the season, he seems fragile. Come Dec., you may see Wynn as a starter over B-Jack.
Do you think Brandon will have 7 1000 yard rushing seasons as a starting back for the Packers? I do not. I think he is slow, and a little tenative b/f he makes his break for the hole. Jackson can catch the ball well, so I feel he will be a solid -role player, but i do not think he will be a repeat 1000 yard back for 5 straight years. I could be wrong, but if he hurts his legs, he is done. Jackson can not afford to get any slower than he already is.

Now, if you feel Jackson is a greatback, fine, great. But just because jackson does not seem special to me, you question my allegence to the packers? a common theme here at this forum.
let me explain something. i take a lot of crap here on this forum, believe me , i could be outright ruthless and get banned instantly. but i just stick to what i see. the worse case scenerio for me is.... i eat crow on a disussion forum, and the team i watched for my whole life wins a championship. so.............zero, i hope i am wrong, and TT goes down as the best GM ever. believe this, i'll be going to games, and living it up.

I just see it differently. Jim Bates, Walker, Green, Wahle, that was my and other fans championship team. Some of those guys could be here today, plain and simple. it was TT who made those decisions , and he will be judged by them for many years .......like it or not!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Good Flame!

I'm going to stop you right there. The rest of your post is and must be irrelevant. If you THINK that was a flame, boy, you have got a lot to learn. Ask around, I can 'flame' with the best of'em. I chose not to with some people because I know they can't handle it. Hence, why I'm soft on you, hoping you will mature and keep your opinions sensical to the rest of us.

We have all heard immature comments, show us something we haven't seen before. Grow up and take the high road with someone who doesn't appeal to your train of thought. That's what we all want to see.

After all, a discussion board is only as good as its users. Remember that.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Good Flame! Anyways, who else was going to start for the Packers. I think VM will be hurt most of the season, he seems fragile. Come Dec., you may see Wynn as a starter over B-Jack.
Do you think Brandon will have 7 1000 yard rushing seasons as a starting back for the Packers? I do not. I think he is slow, and a little tenative b/f he makes his break for the hole. Jackson can catch the ball well, so I feel he will be a solid -role player, but i do not think he will be a repeat 1000 yard back for 5 straight years. I could be wrong, but if he hurts his legs, he is done. Jackson can not afford to get any slower than he already is.

Now, if you feel Jackson is a greatback, fine, great. But just because jackson does not seem special to me, you question my allegence to the packers? a common theme here at this forum.
let me explain something. i take a lot of crap here on this forum, believe me , i could be outright ruthless and get banned instantly. but i just stick to what i see. the worse case scenerio for me is.... i eat crow on a disussion forum, and the team i watched for my whole life wins a championship. so.............zero, i hope i am wrong, and TT goes down as the best GM ever. believe this, i'll be going to games, and living it up.

I just see it differently. Jim Bates, Walker, Green, Wahle, that was my and other fans championship team. Some of those guys could be here today, plain and simple. it was TT who made those decisions , and he will be judged by them for many years .......like it or not!

No, we don't know if he's a great back. We don't know if he's a mediocre back. It's wait and see time here in the land of green and gold, so hearing you constantly rip on our RB and rip on TT for not spending our cap on a veteran RB is a little trying on my patience. How would you handle it if every post I wrote was about Jackson being a Pro Bowl, HOF running back?

All I can say is I was done with Ahman Green. I love the guy but he's on the verge of collapse any week now, and his fumbling problems could cost a defensive minded team a few wins. It was simply time. I liked what I saw of Morency last year a LOT and Brandon Jackson was on my short list of desired RB's for the draft. That's why I'm in wait and see mode. Don't friggin rush me to judgement with your constant negativity. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts