Brad Jones, what are your expectations?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think 8-10 sacks is out of the question now that teams will gameplan for Matthews on the other side. Plus it also depends on the level of competition we face. For instance the offensive lines that we go up against in '10 are much better than the ones from last season. It all depends on how well his added weight and knowledge of the scheme works with the way he plays.

Another aspect that people rarely talk about when mentioning Jones is his coverage skills. It's the main reason why our defense stood intact after the loss of Kampman. Kampman was absolutely horrid in coverage because he played too out of position and couldn't recognize which area to cover. Because Jones played a 3-4 in college he was able to come in and plug up that hole in our D. Now I'm not saying that Jones should play more in space this season, but I'd add an interception or two to my list of expectations for him.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see Jones register an Int or two.... one of Favray and the other of Tony Romo !

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think 8-10 sacks is out of the question now that teams will gameplan for Matthews on the other side. Plus it also depends on the level of competition we face. For instance the offensive lines that we go up against in '10 are much better than the ones from last season. It all depends on how well his added weight and knowledge of the scheme works with the way he plays.

Another aspect that people rarely talk about when mentioning Jones is his coverage skills. It's the main reason why our defense stood intact after the loss of Kampman. Kampman was absolutely horrid in coverage because he played too out of position and couldn't recognize which area to cover. Because Jones played a 3-4 in college he was able to come in and plug up that hole in our D. Now I'm not saying that Jones should play more in space this season, but I'd add an interception or two to my list of expectations for him.

I remember back to last year's preseason ... I didn't give Jones much of a chance of making the team because he had been having injury problems. And then I see him in a game and took quick note of his coverage skills and speed. I thought to myself .. this guy should make the team and how was this guy available in the 7th round? Sometimes the preseason is a good indicator of success.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect somewhere between 8 sacks, 25 qb pressures and 70 tackles...

I know, high expectations, but I think he is that good.

And CM3 to have 10+ sakcs, 30+ pressures and 60 tackles... Teams won't run at him. They know he's also a solid run stopper, and has a nose for the ball...

Members online

Latest posts