Blake Bortles to Packers on 1 year deal

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice! I also read that Jim McMahon is coming in for a tryout

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wasn't this the game where McMahon came in cause Favre took a shot in the gut then McMahon proceeded to trip and choke on his chaw and blow his lunch all over the 5 yard line?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is our current "acting quarterback" if all of our real quarterbacks go down, anyone know?

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF's offense I believe will run a lot better than MM's would have without a star QB.
MLF stated early on that he wants to build this offense to become a run-heavy **** & dunk type of offense for the cold weather and playoff games. It would suit Love's style perfectly and before Love was drafted I called it on Reddit that he would be picked by us based upon MLF's comments on the Packers' future.

This is the main reason why I believe Rodgers wants out - he knows what is going on.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't think it was an opinion though, I thought they had solid plans for this sort of thing. I mean they would just have to finish a game, and they'd find someone during the week I'm sure for the next game. But I thought they'd have plans. I seem to recall one of the announcers saying JK Scott was the emergency quarterback for the Packers, either last season or the one before, but I may be remembering wrong.

MLF stated early on that he wants to build this offense to become a run-heavy **** & dunk type of offense for the cold weather and playoff games.
I've always thought we could benefit from a move the chains type of offense, but you still have to be able to take a shot down the field now and then. I don't know if Rodgers has the patience to run a ****-and-dunk.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Wasn't this the game where McMahon came in cause Favre took a shot in the gut then McMahon proceeded to trip and choke on his chaw and blow his lunch all over the 5 yard line?
I never saw that or heard that. Sounds like McMahon though.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This was a no brainer for the Packers:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better than some of the moves they've made that were apparently done without using brains. :)

Reaction score
We warned him.., Do NOT eat the “Horse Collar 22” Kielbasa with beer cheese” that close to game-time. It was completely up to him that he didn’t take us seriously. He was a Loner that kid :tup:

Mia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It provides a perfect cover for the Packers. And perhaps you turn out to be correct and Bortles doesn't get a roster spot. But they could literally bring in just about any quarterback to be a camp arm. I think this is a little bit more than just a camp arm. I think it's an insurance policy for the Packers.

And one that really makes some sense, depending upon how things shape up with Rodgers. And if Rodgers does play this season and Love isn't ready (lol), he would be a perfect backup given his familiarity with Hackett and his experience as a starter.

I'm with PB. There's a little smoke with this fire. But on the downlow.
I agree with this, if Rogers is a no show or traded, Love is going to need a veteran to help him along. I will still love the packers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Should have kept Blake in Green Bay for the several thousands of dollars it would have cost.....he's a Saint now! At least maybe he will be available when the Saints miss the playoffs.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should have kept Blake in Green Bay for the several thousands of dollars it would have cost.....he's a Saint now! At least maybe he will be available when the Saints miss the playoffs.
GB already has 3 QB's, no need for a 4th who won't see any playing time on a ravaged NO squad. If we're ever down to Benkert starting the team's chances aren't very good, anyway, unless it's a Mac Jones-esque 3 pass game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
GB already has 3 QB's, no need for a 4th who won't see any playing time on a ravaged NO squad. If we're ever down to Benkert starting the team's chances aren't very good, anyway, unless it's a Mac Jones-esque 3 pass game.
I would take Bortles in a pinch over any of the current Packer backups. But that's just me thinking a Vet has the edge in running an offense in a situation where they are suddenly pressed into duty.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would take Bortles in a pinch over any of the current Packer backups. But that's just me thinking a Vet has the edge in running an offense in a situation where they are suddenly pressed into duty.

It seems you're putting way too much stock into Bortles being a veteran instead of taking a look at his performance at the pro level.

While I don't believe Love or Benkert would be able to successfully run the Packers' offense I highly doubt Bortles would be either.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It seems you're putting way too much stock into Bortles being a veteran instead of taking a look at his performance at the pro level.

While I don't believe Love or Benkert would be able to successfully run the Packers' offense I highly doubt Bortles would be either.
So instead of putting Stock in what Bortles has done at the Pro Level, you are suggesting that I put stock in what Love and Benkert have done? :confused:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with captain on this one. I do not think Bortles played a second in the pre-season and I do not believe you need your second hand to count the number of snaps he took in practice. If he had anything at all left they would have given him more of a look. He was and is nothing more than a cheap vet in an extreme emergency. IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree with captain on this one. I do not think Bortles played a second in the pre-season and I do not believe you need your second hand to count the number of snaps he took in practice. If he had anything at all left they would have given him more of a look. He was and is nothing more than a cheap vet in an extreme emergency. IMO.
To be honest, I don't think any of those 3 options (Bortles, Love, Benkert) are going to win a playoff game for the Packers. However, I still would prefer a seasoned vet that is familiar with the Packers offense, over either of the Packers current backups.

The Packer obviously disagree with my opinion, since they have signed and released Bortles twice now. :) I am hoping we get to see what he has in the Saints game tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts