Blake Bortles to Packers on 1 year deal

D

Deleted member 6794

So instead of putting Stock in what Bortles has done at the Pro Level, you are suggesting that I put stock in what Love and Benkert have done? :confused:

My point is that Bortles wouldn't improve the Packers chances of winning a game over Love. Therefore I don't see any reason to bring him in.

I do not think Bortles played a second in the pre-season and I do not believe you need your second hand to count the number of snaps he took in practice.

Actually, Bortles was even released before the start of training camp once Rodgers reported for it.

To be honest, I don't think any of those 3 options (Bortles, Love, Benkert) are going to win a playoff game for the Packers. However, I still would prefer a seasoned vet that is familiar with the Packers offense, over either of the Packers current backups.

I think you're overexaggerating Bortles' knowledge of the Packers' system. He was only with the team for 2 1/2 months during OTAs and minicamp and another week during the regular season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think you're overexaggerating Bortles' knowledge of the Packers' system. He was only with the team for 2 1/2 months during OTAs and minicamp and another week during the regular season.

Again, most of why I would prefer Bortles stepping into an important game, over Love or Benkert, is his NFL experience. Love still looked like a Rookie against the Chiefs and Benkert....god forbid he ever plays any meaningful snaps this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Again, most of why I would prefer Bortles stepping into an important game, over Love or Benkert, is his NFL experience. Love still looked like a Rookie against the Chiefs and Benkert....god forbid he ever plays any meaningful snaps this season.

I understand your point of view but don't believe that a struggling veteran is an upgrade over an inexperienced quarterback who might be the team's starter next year. I agree that I would prefer to have Bortles playing over Benkert though.

Members online

Latest posts