1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Blackmon goes down...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Well so much for him stepping in on Nickel or dime for a while.. the light may be dimming on his future...

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Blackmon breaks foot
    Second-year cornerback Will Blackmon broke his right foot late in practice on Wednesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said on Thursday.
    McCarthy said Blackmon will undergo more tests to determine the severity of the break. That's the same foot that Blackmon broke last year as a rookie. He sustained that injury on May 21, 2006, and didn't return to practice until Oct. 10, 2006.

-- Tom Pelissero.

2. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This guy is a walking injury report.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it might be time to part ways with Blackmon. He's just too injury prone and taking a spot for someone else who can do the job and not fall apart like a leper.

Damn shame though.

4. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    dang!!!! i dont like that at all, bush is becoming suspect in my opinion, plus i liked blackmon on our special teams covrage as well

5. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Unbelievable.

6. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Go Figure - The guy is Fragile or something. Bush is suspect but at least he can stay on the field

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    bring back dendy

8. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    Can anyone say Dendy?

9. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Oh god No

10. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Activate Walker... and you still have Williams that beat out Dendy there..

We need a roster spot for K-rob shortly anyway.

11. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    With Woodson, Harris, Bush, Walker and Williams the Packers are well stocked at CB.

It may mean a step up for the new TE or possibly Koren Robinson in a couple of weeks IF he is reinstated and is in football shape.

It looks like TT was wise to overstock the CB position.

Having said that Trom may be right. Patrick Dendy was improved from last year and is solid depth. He does not have the upside of a Bush, Blackmon or Williams but he does bring experience and consistency if the Pack deems it necessary to carry 6 CB's.

12. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen Dendy and Walker and was not impressed. Tramon Williams intrigues me though

13. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This sucks. I freakin love Blackmon. Hopefully he can just play through it, like Alexander did last season..

14. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    Only for it to happen again. I like the guy, too, and was really looking forward to watching him return kicks, etc, but I just don't think it's going to happen. If his foot kept him out 5 months last season, place him on IR and give someone else his spot. Maybe he can make a comback eventually.

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I like to give a guy 3 years, but he can't stay healthy man. I wouldn't be heart broken to see him cut.

16. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow.

Just wow.

It sounds like a freak injury where he landed on Ruvell's foot, but damn this guy just can't stay healthy.

17. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He was looking good returning punts in preseason but of course he breaks his thumb. Now just when that is about healed to where he can return kicks again he breaks his foot! I just wanted to see him return KICKS!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHH

18. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    so much for him beating out Bush for the nickel spot huh?

we dont get hurt in the CB depth so much as he never really got any PT... cause he can never stay on the field. The only place we really feel this is Punt and Kick Return.

which will be dealt with when Koren is back i hope.

19. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wasn't Dendy on the Texans?

I didn't know he was cut.

I think for the most part though the Packers are fine at CB because they were deep there before the injury. Now if someone goes down again, they may need to take a look and see whats out there.

20. Woodson21

Woodson21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Boy this guy just cant stay healthy!! that sucks :cry:

21. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The very brief time he was healthy and on the field he torched it on kick returns.

Anybody that can do that has some athletic ability.

He'll probably be out there next year fighting for a spot. It's guys like this that can't stay on the field and then end up somewhere doing a hell of a job for another team.

22. BobbyOShea

BobbyOShea Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This whole thing blows. I don't think it effects us in any obvious way (especially considering he hasn't played much at all so far), but his physical style of play plus overall athletic ability makes me think he can be a player. Hopefully this injury isn't as serious as the previous one, but it doesn't look good.

23. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Knock on wood, none of our starters has suffered a season-ending injury, but we sure have lost a lot of valuable backups. Tory Humphrey. Abdul Hodge. Noah Herron. Carlyle Holliday. Tony Palmer. And now maybe Blackmon. The fact that it's the same foot as last year is a very bad sign.

It's a good thing Thompson likes to stockpile DB's, knowing that those guys are small and really take a beating. Blackmon is on about the same level skill-wise as Bush, Walker, Tramon Wiliams, and Dendy, but he has a lot more upside. I don't want the Packers to give up on him completely yet. A lot will depend on the severity of this injury.

24. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Tough losing Blackmon. Fortunately we're stocked at CB. I think Herron's abscense has been felt the most.

25. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    placed on IR