Black Monday - NFL head coaching changes

How many head coaches are out before the Super Bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver has NEVER fired a coach after one season. He was handed a poor QB situation. That is on Elway. It is easy to look like a genius GM when you get Peyton (or Aaron) for a few good years.

During their Super Bowl run it seemed like they won in spite of Peyton.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You bet i'm impatient. Tired of seeing imcompetent privileged quartet waste Rodgers career. I'd like to see some urgency with this franchise but it seems the only urgency they show as long as they have AR is to cover their ***** and or run for the hot tub. I know a lot of fans and posters on this site are satisfied with not winning a championship. I'm not. If I were satisfied with not winning a championship I would be a Vikings fan
My my. Incompetent priveleged quartet? CYA and running for the hot tub? Are you a union steward per chance?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posts like the quoted above really rub me the wrong way. Talk about a complete lack of appreciation or understanding of anything in life to really believe any comment like that. Say what you want about the short comings, but Ted built super bowl teams in 2 different cities. he had the foresight to pick another HOF QB and knew when to move on from the current one and had the balls to do it. MM took a Favre heading in the complete wrong direction, held him accountable and put this team in a position to get to another Super Bowl with him. Turns out old habits die hard with the Gunslinger. AND this team was stacked again in 2014 for a run. Hardly the work of incompetent people.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posts like the quoted above really rub me the wrong way. Talk about a complete lack of appreciation or understanding of anything in life to really believe any comment like that. Say what you want about the short comings, but Ted built super bowl teams in 2 different cities. he had the foresight to pick another HOF QB and knew when to move on from the current one and had the balls to do it. MM took a Favre heading in the complete wrong direction, held him accountable and put this team in a position to get to another Super Bowl with him. Turns out old habits die hard with the Gunslinger. AND this team was stacked again in 2014 for a run. Hardly the work of incompetent people.

Which post are you calling incompetent? There are always several posters who either can't or don't want to be competent about the reality of a past Super Bowl champion missing the playoffs.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The 2014 squad probably would have won a Super Bowl but for the offense's deficiencies, they just could not move the ball against Seattle's D and a big part of it was the lack of man beater routes. Force Seattle's backfield play more zone concepts and they're beatable. But let them squat on your routes and you're not going anywhere.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, so far the biggest shocker is Hue Jackson retaining his job which somewhere out there Rod Marinelli is going "WTF?"

As to the others ...

Well, even though Del Rio came well short of expectations this season after a great 2016 season and a failure to re-elevate Carr's game, this latest talk about trying to correct the sins of the father by bringing Gruden back with an ownership's stake? Mark Davis is really looking like a big buffoon and an embarrassment to the league the way he's brought about this catastrophic Las Vegas move. Crazy thing is, if Gruden gets an ownership stake, he might become immune from ever getting fired because he now has leverage on the team.

Chuck Pagano was two seasons overdue to get fired.

It became pretty obvious Fox was going to be gone in Chicago.

A little surprised Vance Joseph didn't get axed, but my guess is his rope just got shorter.

Not too surprised on Caldwell being that it's Detroit and the Lions haven't shown a lot of progress under the guy.

Marvin Lewis is a dunderhead and has been about 7 years overdue to be kicked out of Cincy. Arians was likely to retire with his health issues, but was a good guy.

Other coaches I'd say are on the hotseat watchlist:

Jay Gruden, Adam Gase, Jason Garrett, and while I don't expect him to be fired, John Harbaugh's seat in Baltimore has to be getting hot after the Ravens who were becoming the favorite of NFLN for being the hottest team in the NFL blew their playoff chance with a bad loss at home against the Bungles.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, in a couple of years, it'll be 9 year overdue?

Yeah just heard yesterday about his next extension. I wonder if there's a clause in the NFL owner circle for seizing a team from an owner if he's deemed mentally unstable and unfit to run a team. Cuz I guarantee you for that silly Cincy owner to do this he is definitely mentally unstable.

Members online

Latest posts