Bijan

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't fight me. Jones and Dillon could both be gone next year, Dillon doesn't seem the type to build a run game around and Bijan is being hyped as a generational guy. I'm not convinced there is a WR worth taking in the first as I think JSN will be gone and Gutey probably won't trade up. Bijan is projected to be available at 15 and is probably a top 5 player in this draft if not higher (but obviously devalued as he's an RB hence "falling" in the draft).
Just saying, it wouldn't be crazy to take him to pair with Love while Love begins his career as our starter.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would never want to do it, but I would understand it - even more so if we managed a slight trade back and do it. I have a hard no RB in the first personally, but could see it play out.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Aaron Jones has a 17.7M cap hit next year, but with a 12.3M dead cap hit. I can't see them cutting him, so I think we have him for at least two more years.

That's not an argument against Bijan. Just context.

I think Robinson makes the most sense for a team that's gearing up to make a SB push in the next 2-3 seasons. But I wouldn't freak out.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones has a 17.7M cap hit next year, but with a 12.3M dead cap hit. I can't see them cutting him, so I think we have him for at least two more years.

That's not an argument against Bijan. Just context.

I think Robinson makes the most sense for a team that's gearing up to make a SB push in the next 2-3 seasons. But I wouldn't freak out.

I envision an Aaron Jones extension if he sees a healthy close to his 2023 season personally. Dillon sadly I think we will lose either this off season in a surprise trade inclusion with the Jets, a mid season trade when another team reaches out to us or post season in FA.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, Aaron is here for the next two years, but I also have a hard time seeing Bijan making past the Falcons or Eagles. I could be wrong, but the fit is perfect. Falcons want an elite back to run that offense and the Eagles having Bijan might push that offense to an insane level behind that line. They have other needs, the Eagles with corner and Falcons with front seven/QB, but it just makes too much sense.

OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, Aaron is here for the next two years, but I also have a hard time seeing Bijan making past the Falcons or Eagles. I could be wrong, but the fit is perfect. Falcons want an elite back to run that offense and the Eagles having Bijan might push that offense to an insane level behind that line. They have other needs, the Eagles with corner and Falcons with front seven/QB, but it just makes too much sense.
I guess I haven't seen many mocks with Bijan going in the top 15. Funny enough though I just read one that did (walterfootball has him going at 6 to Detroit which I find quite hard to believe). Personally, I'd rather Bijan over any first round TE or non JSN wr. IF we get 13 from the Jets and somehow manage to get JSN and Bijan in the first, this offense would be so fun to watch.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Falcons make a ton of sense. Eagles-- I won't believe that until I see it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I haven't seen many mocks with Bijan going in the top 15. Funny enough though I just read one that did (walterfootball has him going at 6 to Detroit which I find quite hard to believe). Personally, I'd rather Bijan over any first round TE or non JSN wr. IF we get 13 from the Jets and somehow manage to get JSN and Bijan in the first, this offense would be so fun to watch.

The equity we would need to use to trade up into the first for a second first rounder I'm strongly opposed to for a RB.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it depends on who’s there for the Eagles. They desperately need secondary help, but if their guy goes I can see them trading back or just saying F it and grabbing the bpa who gives them another massive bump on offense. They don’t have many needs though outside of that imo

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it depends on who’s there for the Eagles. They desperately need secondary help, but if their guy goes I can see them trading back or just saying F it and grabbing the bpa who gives them another massive bump on offense. They don’t have many needs though outside of that imo

Desperately? They resigned the two guys everyone thought they’d lose in FA which really opened them up draft wise

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Desperately? They resigned the two guys everyone thought they’d lose in FA which really opened them up draft wise

I must have missed that, I thought Slay went somewhere else or was released. That makes even more sense now though, they're a trade back candidate or need a running back. Penny just can't stay healthy and I don't see Gainwell handling the load by himself.

I guess looking closer they could use a replacement for Hargrave on the DL or a linebacker since they lost White and Edwards. Maybe guard?

Either way, with two first round picks they definitely can make a luxury pick, especially on a stud like Bijan.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I just don’t think Howie Roseman would ever do it based on principle.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't fight me. Jones and Dillon could both be gone next year, Dillon doesn't seem the type to build a run game around and Bijan is being hyped as a generational guy. I'm not convinced there is a WR worth taking in the first as I think JSN will be gone and Gutey probably won't trade up. Bijan is projected to be available at 15 and is probably a top 5 player in this draft if not higher (but obviously devalued as he's an RB hence "falling" in the draft).
Just saying, it wouldn't be crazy to take him to pair with Love while Love begins his career as our starter.

I agree with @tynimiller that I don't want the Packers to use a first rounder on a running back. Especially considering the Packers are currently set at the position with Jones and Dillon and paying their starter more than $8 million for this season.

I'm not sure the Falcons are interested in Robinson as they had a rookie rush for more than 1,000 yards while averaging 4.93 yards a carry last season in Tyler Allgeier.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree with @tynimiller that I don't want the Packers to use a first rounder on a running back. Especially considering the Packers are currently set at the position with Jones and Dillon and paying their starter more than $8 million for this season.

I'm not sure the Falcons are interested in Robinson as they had a rookie rush for more than 1,000 yards while averaging 4.93 yards a carry last season in Tyler Allgeier.

But they clearly prioritize the running game and don’t seem to care as much about positional value as most teams.

You’re right, they could say “Allgeier was plenty good enough.” Or they could say “If it works like this with a 5th round rookie, it will be amazing with an elite runner.”

D

Deleted member 6794

You’re right, they could say “Allgeier was plenty good enough.” Or they could say “If it works like this with a 5th round rookie, it will be amazing with an elite runner.”

I wonder how much better Robinson would truly make the Falcons running game compared to last season. I don't think it would be a smart approach for them to spend a first rounder on a running back.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you're right about Jones, at keast wouldnt make sense to eat 12 m to save 5 m on a player that is still going to be very productive at that point.

So, you dont think the Packers are gearing up for a SB run in 2 or 3 years? That better be their plan

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What ya'all are missing is Bijan is a great receiver as well. He isn't JSN here, but he is closer than some WRs that will be going in the 2nd round. Many of you wouldn't bat an eye if we took a WR at 15.

What could that open up in the MLF offense? Not sure. Aaron Jones is one of the best receiving backs in the NFL already. So maybe not that much. I sure makes life easier for a QB in the passing game when the defense is required to defend against a potent running attack.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bijan's ceiling is a much much better, slightly bigger more durable version of Aaron Jones...I think we can all imagine the value there

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO a good OL can elevate an above avg. RB into a very good RB. IMO a not so good OL can turn a very good RB into an average one. IMO their are a lot more above avg. Rbs than good OL when you take into account normally 2 RBs play and at least 5 OL play.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wonder how much better Robinson would truly make the Falcons running game compared to last season. I don't think it would be a smart approach for them to spend a first rounder on a running back.

Probably not.

Reaction score
While I get the need for RB in the future, Bijan is a Day 1 starter, so we lose 1 year of overlap at minimum and definitely don’t need to be paying a backup RB $5Mil this season. There’s only 2 RB’s definitely in the first 2 Rounds, which spells overpaying and overreaching.

I could see Deuce Vaughn who will likely drop deep into Day 3. Dont let his size fool you, he’s the star exception to the rule. Only Tyler Lockett and Darren Sproles hold the distinction as Wildcat’s to surpass 5,000 all-purpose. He was the Big12 Freshman of the Year and he’s a Defensive accident waiting to happen. We’ll have to be careful of drafting over Dallas, where his Dad is an NFL scout

Round 3 at the earliest for RB and we could have a starter level RB through Round 3-5, there’s Currently a Slough of good ones Running off the main channel past #100 overall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other thing to keep in mind is Bijan will go elsewhere. If we think he's a HOF calibre RB, we'd be taking him from other teams that have a hole at RB who we may face later. I'd hate for the Eagles to get him because on paper they'd be unstoppable. Jones and Dillon form a formidable duo, but haven't had post season success. Pairing Love with a top tier talent at RB with one year of overlap with Jones would be a good move IMO (assuming JSN is gone). I'm not advocating for us to trade up for him as I agree we need to consider other positions, but just saying that if he's there at 15 I'd be excited for us to get him.

Reaction score
The other thing to keep in mind is Bijan will go elsewhere. If we think he's a HOF calibre RB, we'd be taking him from other teams that have a hole at RB who we may face later. I'd hate for the Eagles to get him because on paper they'd be unstoppable. Jones and Dillon form a formidable duo, but haven't had post season success. Pairing Love with a top tier talent at RB with one year of overlap with Jones would be a good move IMO (assuming JSN is gone). I'm not advocating for us to trade up for him as I agree we need to consider other positions, but just saying that if he's there at 15 I'd be excited for us to get him.
I appreciate the enthusiasm.

Part of our problem is ever since Linsley left, I feel like our OL has been mediocre at best and, at times, bottom half of the league or at minimum, trying to find its way. It’s not that we don’t have good excuses so I’m not being critical, just stating what I’m seeing. I’d personally rather have a dominant OT as our bookend. We could be really good running the ball already if we had a more dominant OL and quit the horseplay late 6th rounder/UDFA starter tryouts.

That said, I know it’s fun to dream and I’m not trying to squash your dreams. The Longhorns have an excellent OL. Kelvin Banks (Freshman All-American) and Christian Jones are one of the best Tackle duos in all of College football. The new Texas Brass has been feeding Coach Flood for success. It resulted in a great deal of Emphasis on recruiting at OL. The top 2 rated Tackles in the Big 12 are Both Longhorns. You heard it correctly #1 and #2. The OL recruiting is Superior lately and it’s positively affecting the Run game (Bijan/Roschon)

You’ll notice the part below about the 2022 Texas OL class ranking ahead of Alabama and Georgia across the last 5 years. Twice apiece btw and that speaks to who the top Dogs are as a whole concerning OL.

This is not an effort to diminish a great RB in Robinson. However, put him on a lower end OL and he’s a top #26 selection instead of top #13 or whatnot. This is all coming from a poster (me) who historically promotes the importance of a pair of good RB’s.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I appreciate the enthusiasm.

Part of our problem is ever since Linsley left, I feel like our OL has been mediocre at best and, at times, bottom half of the league or at minimum, trying to find its way. It’s not that we don’t have good excuses so I’m not being critical, just stating what I’m seeing. I’d personally rather have a dominant OT as our bookend. We could be really good running the ball already if we had a more dominant OL and quit the horseplay late 6th rounder/UDFA starter tryouts.

That said, I know it’s fun to dream and I’m not trying to squash your dreams. The Longhorns have an excellent OL. Kelvin Banks (Freshman All-American) and Christian Jones are one of the best Tackle duos in all of College football. The new Texas Brass has been feeding Coach Flood for success. It resulted in a great deal of Emphasis on recruiting at OL. The top 2 rated Tackles in the Big 12 are Both Longhorns. You heard it correctly #1 and #2. The OL recruiting is Superior lately and it’s positively affecting the Run game (Bijan/Roschon)

You’ll notice the part below about the 2022 Texas OL class ranking ahead of Alabama and Georgia across the last 5 years. Twice apiece btw and that speaks to who the top Dogs are

This is not an effort to diminish a great RB in Robinson. However, put him on a lower end OL and he’s a top #26 selection instead of top #13 or whatnot. This is all coming from a poster (me) who historically promotes the importance of a pair of RB’s.
Thanks for the insight, I don't follow the college game that much. This is the time of year I try to get acquainted with the big names and certainly Bijan is one of them. I agree, that prioritizing the Oline, though not ****, can get us where we want to go as well running the ball. I just don't think Dillon is the long term solution - and Jones likely gets shifted into more 3rd down work at some point.

Members online