Biggest Mistake of the Packers Organization

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
How did I make a lousy case? Last year is last year And just because you did good in the draft last year doesn't give a person the leeway to mess it up the next year especially since you are still the new guy and how has Lafleur proven to be really good last year Rodgers was calling audibles every other play and you know it both him and Lafleur stated that fact and you say Lafleur deserves respect and my answer to that is why? He doesn't respect Rodgers and his hall of fame career why should we respect him? Respect is earned through hard work and accomplishments and Rodgers has both and lafleur after this draft which he is betting his job on hasnt.

Last year out defense was horrible against the run and average against the pass and Lafleur has done nothing to improve that and yet you say I make a lousy case.

The one with the lousy case is you sir because you have failed to name a single thing Lafleur has done good
The Packers went from 6-9-1 to 13-3 in one season. Only (by my count) the 6th 13+ win season in Packers history, and just the second in the Rodgers era. That doesn’t happen with a lousy head coach.

LaFleur came in immediately and commanded the locker room. Set expectations. Related to the players. Gained Rodgers respect to the point that they worked quite well together. He re-established the running game. He listens to his players. Plays into their strengths. Empowers players like the smiths to be themselves and lead their own way.

Overall, it has been a much more organized leadership structure. For you to diminish a 13 win season by a rookie head coach is laughable. Don’t get me wrong, Rodgers was elite in the sense that he was able to close out games in the 4th quarter. But Matt LaFleur has a ton to do with it as well.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously how the hell does a thread calling out a head coach that has had one season, which just happened to be a 13-3 year, even happen?

WTF is wrong with you people?

I get you're unhappy with the draft but at least use a brain cell and call out the guy that made you angry this past weekend

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year out defense was horrible against the run and average against the pass and Lafleur has done nothing to improve that and yet you say I make a lousy case.

The one with the lousy case is you sir because you have failed to name a single thing Lafleur has done good
You know who had the #1 & #2 run defenses last year? And how they did in the post season? Jets & Bucs both bought tickets and watched from the stands any playoff games they attended. Yards don't matter. Packers had a top 10 scoring defense, the numbers that really matter. That got them to the playoffs.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You know who had the #1 & #2 run defenses last year? And how they did in the post season? Jets & Bucs both bought tickets and watched from the stands any playoff games they attended. Yards don't matter. Packers had a top 10 scoring defense, the numbers that really matter. That got them to the playoffs.
I'm definitely a points allowed kind of guy when evaluating a defense, but 300ish rushing yards allowed against SF, along with a boatload of points isn't going to get it done. Doesn't matter if you're top 10 throughout the year if you **** the bed in the NFCCG.

Hopefully our issues in that game were more schematic than anything. Because if not, we've done very little to upgrade the defensive talent.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes that is what I’m saying...how many of those wins were by the skin of our **********??? Heck..if the packers would have kept Taysom Hill they wouldn’t have known how to use him...it was best thing for him to have the Saints grab him from the boneheads on Lombardi Ave..

Didn't the Saints get bounced out of the playoffs last year by a team the Packers managed to beat twice?

:)

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you are saying that our coach who took over a 6-9-1 team, coached one year here, to a 13-3 record, is over his head and that one year was his best year here. Who woulda thunk it.

Not to mention that he got Rodgers to actually stick with the run occasionally and reduced Aaron's sacks from 49(hello retirement), and 22 in 7 games for a pace 50 sacks back in 17, to 36(play till your 40s).

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BF saga all over again

We don’t know if he is pissed..could he be?
Sure l, peter king says he is. But I think that his opinion.

It would be highly illogical for Rodgers to tell a reporter he is pissed.

Rodgers might not be thrilled with Gute drafting a QB but he's a pro and won't throw a hissy fit.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts