Biggest Mistake of the Packers Organization

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m not the only one who can clearly see La Fleur is over his head and is a puppet of this organization. He’s not ready to be a head coach and looks like a lost little boy on the sideline about to cry. The biggest mistake the organization made was the day they had the chance to hire Sean Peyton and passed on him...Whatever Blah, Blah great draft picks,, Blah, Blah...The truth is that the Packers best record under this regime was just what they had in the 2019 season...it’s just going to get worse from here. No imagination, no effort to make this a greatest of all time team, no attention to real team needs and lastly no respect for the fans or the history....Rodgers will never sniff another SB with these BUMS running the show...MARK MY WORDS!!

OP
OP
D

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes that is what I’m saying...how many of those wins were by the skin of our **********??? Heck..if the packers would have kept Taysom Hill they wouldn’t have known how to use him...it was best thing for him to have the Saints grab him from the boneheads on Lombardi Ave..

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We have to remember that as fans, we cannot possibly evaluate a draft until 2-3 years after. That is a simple fact. Because you did not like the draft as a FAN, you have to remember, you know absolutely nothing. I cannot comprehend how a fan can have anything bad to say about MLF after what he pulled off last season.

If you are a fan with any kind of knowledge outside of your personal feelings, you would have some faith in the data. The data tells us we have a guy that took a 6-9-1 to a 14-4 team. I did not personally feel good about the draft. But if AJ Dillion becomes the RB1/2 I think he can be, Degura becomes Kyle Juezczyk, Love becomes (at an absolute minimum a solid QB2 should Rodgers sustain an injury) the packers got better this offseason. At the absolute worst, Love is a bust, AJ Dillion is an RB3 behind Jamal Williams and Degura is a TE4 that is not ready to block in the NFL, the Packers STILL have not gotten any worse. I do not feel comfortable with Wagner > Bulaga, but I do feel comfortable with Kirksey > Martinez. That is based on what I have seen.

I am not attacking anyone here, I am just saying to make a statement like MLF is in over his head and Rodgers is led by bums, you need to have some supporting facts to support that claim. Otherwise, it appears like you know absolutely nothing about football and the packers organization.

OP
OP
D

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll let my 50 plus years of watching this team plus the current daft draft and the upcoming debacle of 2020 season speak for itself. You obviously didn’t live through the Devine era and the incredibly foolish moves they made then..you probably were a Tom Bratz fan on the Mandarich bandwagon...ugh!!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m not the only one who can clearly see La Fleur is over his head and is a puppet of this organization. He’s not ready to be a head coach and looks like a lost little boy on the sideline about to cry. The biggest mistake the organization made was the day they had the chance to hire Sean Peyton and passed on him...Whatever Blah, Blah great draft picks,, Blah, Blah...The truth is that the Packers best record under this regime was just what they had in the 2019 season...it’s just going to get worse from here. No imagination, no effort to make this a greatest of all time team, no attention to real team needs and lastly no respect for the fans or the history....Rodgers will never sniff another SB with these BUMS running the show...MARK MY WORDS!!
Quoted you so I can mark your words.

Would not think a fan could have watched even a few games last season and not be impressed by Lafluer. He carries himself with a lot of poise and confidence. Seems very cerebral yet is in touch with players. At this point in their careers, MLF is more successful than Lombardi. I imagine you would have thought Lombardi was a hack after his first season as well.

MLF has a long ways to go to get to Lombardis eventual stature, but I don't see any reason he won't be very successful in the coming years.

OP
OP
D

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres a reason....terrible drafting..
You want another??...pissing off your QB by not getting him the talent he needs...you want another??

OP
OP
D

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m sorry we all want our team to be something to be proud of. Not made into a laughingstock of the league. I do take it personally..

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want another??...pissing off your QB by not getting him the talent he needs...you want another??
At this point, MLF is a better coach than Rodgers is a QB.

Not really, but it isn't that far off. I would much rather get rid of Rodgers than MLF at this point.

Your's is the logic and thinking when fans put their QB on a godly level of worship. Its all about Aaron and making him happy, isn't it?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no point in a discussion here. Discussion needs to start with rationality. There is none here. For the record, I’m not very happy with this year’s draft. So what. I realize that while I do consider myself to be intelligent, I don’t have all the facts. Furthermore, regardless of how pretty they were, The Packers had 14 wins last year. Now is a pretty stupid time to start criticizing a first year head coach that accomplished that... especially after following a 6-9-1 record.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that is what I’m saying...how many of those wins were by the skin of our **********??? Heck..if the packers would have kept Taysom Hill they wouldn’t have known how to use him...it was best thing for him to have the Saints grab him from the boneheads on Lombardi Ave..
Mm may not have but MLF I think could have

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
BF saga all over again

We don’t know if he is pissed..could he be?
Sure l, peter king says he is. But I think that his opinion.

It would be highly illogical for Rodgers to tell a reporter he is pissed.

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I completely agree with you and when it blows up in their face the Packers will be looking for a new coach and gm and I will welcome it.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, MLF is a better coach than Rodgers is a QB.

Not really, but it isn't that far off. I would much rather get rid of Rodgers than MLF at this point.

Your's is the logic and thinking when fans put their QB on a godly level of worship. Its all about Aaron and making him happy, isn't it?
If so many people, both within and outside of the Packers fanbase, come to the same conclusion, then maybe the ones thinking everything is fine and dandy are the ones who are wrong?

It's not about making him happy. It's about winning. The fact that he's a HOF and historically elite player makes that much easier and more realistic. Unfortunately, the FO and head coach realized that and have slept on the job throughout his career, quite literally. It's fine for you who are just glad to have a team and receive participation trophies. It's not for the player who carried the team father than their level of coaching or talent ever could have gone. Or the many, many people out there who far outnumber those with your opinion about what an opportunity was squandered.

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If so many people, both within and outside of the Packers fanbase, come to the same conclusion, then maybe the ones thinking everything is fine and dandy are the ones who are wrong?

It's not about making him happy. It's about winning. The fact that he's a HOF and historically elite player makes that much easier and more realistic. Unfortunately, the FO and head coach realized that and have slept on the job throughout his career, quite literally. It's fine for you who are just glad to have a team and receive participation trophies. It's not for the player who carried the team father than their level of coaching or talent ever could have gone. Or the many, many people out there who far outnumber those with your opinion about what an opportunity was squandered.
The Packers have wasted Rodgers career and I am so sick and tired of so called Packers fans being content with mediocrity and winning the north just to get whooped in the playoffs every year! It became a routine one and done year after year but unlike some people I won't settle for just a playoff berth! I have higher standards and aspirations for my green Bay Packers!

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We have to remember that as fans, we cannot possibly evaluate a draft until 2-3 years after. That is a simple fact. Because you did not like the draft as a FAN, you have to remember, you know absolutely nothing. I cannot comprehend how a fan can have anything bad to say about MLF after what he pulled off last season.

If you are a fan with any kind of knowledge outside of your personal feelings, you would have some faith in the data. The data tells us we have a guy that took a 6-9-1 to a 14-4 team. I did not personally feel good about the draft. But if AJ Dillion becomes the RB1/2 I think he can be, Degura becomes Kyle Juezczyk, Love becomes (at an absolute minimum a solid QB2 should Rodgers sustain an injury) the packers got better this offseason. At the absolute worst, Love is a bust, AJ Dillion is an RB3 behind Jamal Williams and Degura is a TE4 that is not ready to block in the NFL, the Packers STILL have not gotten any worse. I do not feel comfortable with Wagner > Bulaga, but I do feel comfortable with Kirksey > Martinez. That is based on what I have seen.

I am not attacking anyone here, I am just saying to make a statement like MLF is in over his head and Rodgers is led by bums, you need to have some supporting facts to support that claim. Otherwise, it appears like you know absolutely nothing about football and the packers organization.
So we have to suck for the next three seasons to determine if this draft class is a bust or not? Lol

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll let my 50 plus years of watching this team plus the current daft draft and the upcoming debacle of 2020 season speak for itself. You obviously didn’t live through the Devine era and the incredibly foolish moves they made then..you probably were a Tom Bratz fan on the Mandarich bandwagon...ugh!!

EVERYONE was on the Mandarich bandwagon.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
MLF was not the biggest mistake. Not hiring Andy Reid and instead keeping Mike Sherman was larger. Compounded by giving Sherman the GM duties. Letting Bart Starr learn how to be a coach as the coach ranks up there too. Great QBs are not necessarily good coaches. Curly Lambeau outlasted his effectiveness and control which led to the debacle known as the 50's. The John Hadl trade.

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With a qb that did not play to his standards some might say
You mean the standard of throwing for 4000 yards 26 tds and 4 ints? Yeah you are right(I say sarcastically) Rodgers has fallen off lol. I think Lafleur was kidnapped In the off-season and now has Stockholm syndrome because he wants to be the 49ners without actually contributing in any meaningful way to that goal.

Wait can I say Stockholm syndrome lol

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

This is so accurate.

To the OP’s post though, you make a lousy case. LaFleur did an outstanding job in his first season and there’s no reason to expect for his performance to drop. The win total will likely drop this year just because it’s rare for a 13 win team to repeat that level of success, but LaFleur proved to be really good in his first season. He deserves everyone’s respect.

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is so accurate.

To the OP’s post though, you make a lousy case. LaFleur did an outstanding job in his first season and there’s no reason to expect for his performance to drop. The win total will likely drop this year just because it’s rare for a 13 win team to repeat that level of success, but LaFleur proved to be really good in his first season. He deserves everyone’s respect.
How did I make a lousy case? Last year is last year And just because you did good in the draft last year doesn't give a person the leeway to mess it up the next year especially since you are still the new guy and how has Lafleur proven to be really good last year Rodgers was calling audibles every other play and you know it both him and Lafleur stated that fact and you say Lafleur deserves respect and my answer to that is why? He doesn't respect Rodgers and his hall of fame career why should we respect him? Respect is earned through hard work and accomplishments and Rodgers has both and lafleur after this draft which he is betting his job on hasnt.

Last year out defense was horrible against the run and average against the pass and Lafleur has done nothing to improve that and yet you say I make a lousy case.

The one with the lousy case is you sir because you have failed to name a single thing Lafleur has done good

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts