84 yard Punt Return-Touchdown

Saints/Packers

33 Yard Touchdown Pass
26 Yard Touchdown Pass
35 Yard Touchdown Pass
23 Yard Touchdown Run

57 yard gain- Field Goal
23 Yard gain- Field Goal

EVERY TD WE HAVE ALLOWED SO FAR HAS BEEN 23 YARDS OR MORE!

IN EVERY SCORING DRIVE THE SAINTS AND BEARS HAD BIG PLAYS. (I include a fumble recovery of a kickoff a BIG play).

Going back thru the play by play we were successful everytime we did not give up a big play nor were we shabby on third down (10/29). We have also been solid in the red zone.

Our DB's MUST start:

1) Making the proper switch when that's called for.
2) STOP biting on the pump fake. (Especially the deep back. Gosh!)
3) Make the DANG play when they ARE right there.

and our DL has to get consistant pressure:

Most of these scores resulted in the QB sitting back there and making a perfect throw.

When we can cut down on giving up the big plays resulting in TD's to incompletions we can start making them earn it and that's when we will start winning football games.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of makes you wish we still had Sharper around, doesn't it?

I know it makes me wish that.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings BIG Play they signed Childress.

NO BIG play: They signed Payton and Brees.

GB BIG HUGE PLAYS: We signed....mmmmmm.. Woodson and McCarthy !!!

Yes big plays are killing us... and will coninue to kill us, at least for this season ..

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally am very happy we have Collins. He is a very talanted Safety that happened to misplay two balls on plays that would normally be routine for him(on one he fell). Unfortunately, it probably cost us the game on Sunday.

I do not see this being a coaching thing like when we had Slowick. These guys have said they knew where they were supposed to be and either didn't get there, bit on a fake, or, simply didn't make the play.

I would be much more concerned in this regard if they were looking confused and pointing their fingers at players and upset with the coverage. In EVERY case I have heard the back take responsibility for the error and never have heard them say there was confusion in where they were supposed to be.

And I expect to see the big plays less and less.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell, on the one "bad play" Collins supposedly made, it was actually Ahmad Carroll who bit up on the run fake and lost the receiver deep. Collins tracked the play, but it was all on #28.

That said, I will take Collins over Sharper in a heartbeat. Much more range than Darren, and much better closing speed, in my estimation. Sharper was a good player for the Pack for a number of years, I will still go with the kid we have now.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs,
It wasn't the one Carroll bit on it was the last TD pass that Colston caught. Collins turned the wrong way or he makes that play.

The other play when he fell was a 33 yard completion to Cambell the TE after which Carroll then bit on the pump a play or two later.

I'm not worried about Collins. He will do just fine. The point is they have just made some dumb mistakes that they have to eliminate and I don't think it's a lack of talent or the coaching.

Right now it's just that the mistakes they make are big ones and that needs to stop.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AG holds on to a few more passes and Franks too and we continue the drives to not only score but make the game unreachable for the Saints.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts